Starting Point

Survival Mode

"Welcome players of the 88th Annual Survival Mode Game."

 

  You definitely thought that this is a prank by some idiots; your first suspicion will be directed at Luhan's circle of friends and of course including him. Maybe they set this off to make fun of you and humiliate you again, as always.

 

  You all gathered around the living room, clueless of what's happening now.

 

  When Krystal and Luhan saw what's written on the screen, they laugh endlessly or shall we say that Krystal laughed hardly while Luhan stood still like a statue. Kris stared at them with a threatening gaze before they become silent again and shut their mouths off.

 

  “Serves them right,” you thought.

 

   Then, the screen on the living room flashed the face of an old man with ominous grin plastered on his face. You felt shivers down to your spine as he looked at you with those dark beady eyes.

 

  "I swear, this isn't funny anymore," Kai hollered. "Who are you? What do you want, old man?"

 

  The old man moved his gaze to Kai and next thing you knew, Kai was on the floor and was catching his breath. He was writhing in pain, and that sight horrified all of you especially Kyungsoo who was extremely panicking on what to do. All of you stayed still because of shock and after some time, Kai was somehow calming down.

 

  The man grinned eerily and said, “You’re too excited young lad, eh? Poor kids, you must be appalled and puzzled right now.”

 

  “Who are you?” Kris asked calmly, carefully not provoking the old man.

 

  “I’m President Shadow, initiator of this fun game that you would be forcibly participating. This game is just simple, in order to get out of here, one pair must be left alive. I will group all of you into pairs and together with your pair; you will fight the other pairs to survive. I have prepared some obstacles that all of you will face, but the main goal is to survive. There is no absolute rule in this game, therefore, you must do any means to live,” the old man said, smirking.

 

  “Is this some kind of a joke, old hag?” Baekhyun asked rolling his eyes. The old man looked at him and you already know what will happen to Baekhyun. He stumbled down, gripping on his chest.

 

  “S-stop i-it,” Baekhyun said with all his strength. You couldn’t do something but to watch Baekhyun suffering because of the pain inflicted on him. Sweat trickled down from his face as he tries to breath, eager to have some oxygen to fill his lungs. You came near him and helped him; the old man just chuckled darkly.

 

  “There is one thing that I hated the most, and that is bad-mouthed and disobedient kids. Players, you know well what will happen to you if you dare to defy me and escape this place. I have placed an electronic capsule inside your body when you were all unconscious that will serve as trackers and punishment if you tend to go against me. I successfully brought all of you here, rich brats and heir or heiress of companies. What a pity however... you brats are powerless here,” he uttered with a smirk as he studies as one by one, his menacing smile never left his face. His gaze stopped on Sehun, the tension between them is noticeable.

 

  You were now thinking about your parents, how worried they are now because you are not around. There was a complete silence among all of us, later on, President Shadow finally spoke.

 

  “I have some matters to attend so if you’ll please excuse me. Remember, I’m watching all of you.”

 

  The screen was turned off, and as soon as it happened, Chanyeol hugged you tightly and cried like a baby. You understand him though. When he was a child, he was kidnapped and brutally tortured. Everyone may see him as a joyful and cheerful being but deep inside, he was hurting deeply like a normal creature. Only you know about his secret, and the same goes with him. You trust each other very much, that’s why you’re bestfriends.

 

  “Soomin, I don’t want to die,” he cried childishly.

 

  Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol’s arm and smirked. “Chanyeol, you’re such a wimp.”

 

  “Aish! After what happened to him and he knows how serious our situation is, he still manages to tease Chanyeol. Ugh, Byun Baekhyun,” you thought.

 

  You glared at Baekhyun and continued to comfort Chanyeol.

 

  Lay and D.O went to the kitchen to eat something while Sehun and Kris got the chessboard and competed with each other, finishing the game in seconds time. You admit that both of them are very talented, chess pieces moving in a very fast motion.

 

  “Let’s go Luhan; we might get infected by their viruses. So eeeeewww,” you heard Krystal told Luhan. You rolled your eyes and suddenly glanced at Luhan who was completely looking at you with his doe-like eyes. You averted your gaze and hid your blushing face.

 

  “Curse that baby-face jerk,” you said under your breath, disgusted by him.

 

  Apparently, Baekhyun heard and saw you, thus, he started irritating you again. You started bickering and fighting with each other until a loud pitch rang through the sound system. The people gathered on the living room again wondering what is about to happen.

 

  Names and faces flashed on the screen.

 

 

 

 

 

  You think that the screen shows the pairings for the stupid game. You sighed because you secretly hoped Tao to be your partner, that guy got some fighting skills. Kris will also be a good partner because of his intellectual skills and uncanny personality. With them together, they would surely have a great advantage.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  As Park Chanyeol’s name flashed the screen, you whined in complain. You want to be paired up with him because he is your bestfriend and you are comfortable doing this with him. You also thought having Baekhyun as your pair because of his combat competence but both of you might end up dead because of his aggressiveness.

 

  You also thought of having Luhan as your partner, it would be good because Luhan is a very observant and attentive person. Just by simply gazing at you, he knows exactly what your weakness is. You admit that you want to be paired up with Luhan but your mind is telling you that you can’t be together with your ex-boyfriend because it would be awkward to the both of you, plus, he’s a jerk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  You sighed half-heartedly. You are glad that you aren’t partnered up with the both of them but you are also disappointed because these two also make a fine combination as of their expertise, challenging enemies.

 

  “Aish, I want Soomin to be my partner,” Baekhyun said and you gently slapped his shoulder.

 

  “No way.”

 

  “Yah! That hurts,” he complained. You stick your tongue out and then both of you started the endless fighting again. Chanyeol tried to stop the both of you from fighting but he completely failed.

 

  “Childish people,” Chanyeol muttered.

 

  “Says the one who isn’t childish,” you and Baekhyun said at the same time. “Hey! That’s my line,” both of you said in unison again.

 

  Chanyeol just sighed deeply and went to Suho to stop the both of you. Suho failed at the same time but when Kris stood in front of you, both of you immediately halted and mentally cursed each other. 

 

 

 

 

 

  You are certainly glad that you are not paired up with them, it would make you sick. You mentally thanked God for this.

 

  “I would rather die than to be paired up with them,” you thought as you look at Krystal who was pouting at Luhan. Luhan smiles sheepishly at her and Krystal clung unto Luhan's arms.

 

  "Luhannie, I want to be your pair," Krystal whined which makes you want to puke.

 

  "Krystal, we have to follow the old man. You know what he can do to us," Luhan replied calmly.

 

  "Okay fine."

 

 

 

 

 

 

  “Two dancing machines,” Suho said and you nodded. It appears that Suho was unhappy for the pairings since he wanted to be paired up with his bestfriend, Lay. You mentally laughed because of Suho’s expression that is like an old grandpa who lost his denture.

 

  "Suho-oppa, stop doing that," you uttered and stared at the screen again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  “Yes, I would never be hungry,” Chen smiled creepily and mumbled but you still heard him. You definitely agree with Chen, with Kyungsoo around, you will never be hungry. That kid is an exemplary cook.

 

  "I would love to have you as my partner too," Kyungsoo told Chen.

 

  "Why?" Chen asked.

 

  "Cause when I'm with you, I don't feel bored," Kyungsoo replied with a cheeky grin on his face.

 

  "Kyungsoo-oppa, Kai is now sulking at the corner," you commented while laughing at Kai.

 

  "Yah! I'm not," Kai replied while Kyungsoo sit beside him.

 

  "Don't worry Kai, you'll still be my number one bestfriend," Kyungsoo said.

 

  "Promise?"

 

  "Yes."

 

  "Then you won't kill me?"

 

  "Why are you asking that? Of course I will not."

 

  You smiled watching the sight, Chanyeol came near you and hugged you.

 

  "Bestfriends forever," he uttered huskily.

 

  "Stop it Chanyeollie, you're so dramatic. Of course we are bestfriends, I wouldn't waste my time to a baby like you if I don't care for you."

 

  "How about me, Soomin~ah?" Baekhyun asked with a smirk.

 

  "Not you greasy Bacon," you replied and he pouted cutely.

 

~~~

 

  "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Let's see if they will be able to hold on to their promises," President Shadow muttered while watching them through a surveillance camera.

 

~~~

 

 

 

  When you looked at the screen, your eyes widened. You groaned as Baekhyun laughed dorkily at your face, whacking him on the head violently. You glanced at Sehun who was also looking at you with his pokerface expression.

 

  You observed the features of Sehun; it is a complete perfection. His dark brown hair, the way his eyes droop when he's bored, his mannerism of his pink lips, no words can describe him at all. He's definitely gorgeous. If you and him aren't awkward with each other, you could have fallen for him already. You shook your head in dissapproval. You can't possibly think like that about him.

 

  Sehun well, you didn’t once have a casual conversation with him when you first met Exo. He didn’t once try to talk to you, and he keeps sending icy glares at you. He tries to avoid you when you go near him or approach him. You wonder what you did to him that he makes an invisible barrier between the both of you.

 

  Well, you thought that maybe you’re partnered up with him because this is an opportunity for the both of you to start as friends and know each other.

 

  To piss you off, Baekhyun pulled you and bring you closer to Sehun who was sitting at the couch reading a book. You are now standing in front of Sehun with Baekhyun holding you tightly and tried pushing you to Sehun. Kai’s teasing the both of you is not helping you either; the atmosphere between Sehun and you from awkward became so totally awkward. You glared at Baekhyun who was now smiling innocently at you.

 

  You struggled from the grasps of Baekhyun but clearly failed because Baekhyun is much stronger. He pushed you and you end up sitting on the lap of Sehun who was now definitely pissed off and you were blushing because of embarassment. You suddenly jumped in fear, too late now because Sehun’s very mad.

 

  "Uncivilized peasants," Sehun said in a pissed tone.

 

  He stood up and went to the kitchen with Kai following him. Baekhyun apologized to you but you are awfully mad to talk to him. You went to the rooftop without them knowing to cool off your mind.

 

  "I would understand that he's mad at us but calling us uncivilized peasants, including me? What a brat. Baekhyun too, gosh. That boy really likes to annoy the hell out of me. There's also Luhan who is a great jerk and is constantly reminding me of my ultimate heartbreak. Why am I here anyways? Sometimes I think it's much better to die."

 

  Actually, you are tempted to escape this hellhouse now. But then, you recall what the old man said about electronic capsule that serve as trackers. You mentally cursed the old man repeatedly unto bringing you in this mess.

 

  You lay down as you gazed at the moon that was shining brightly, a beautiful sight indeed. It somehow calmed your mind.

 

I'm falling down into my shadow
Struggling unto every breath
As await the deadly night

So scary, but you'll have to look ahead
See through all the witch's tricks
Before she sees the fear that's in your eyes

See you in your dreams yeah, baby
If nightmares brew, I'll be there with you

Fairy blue I touched the sky for you
And cut up all the stars
And in their place hung a
Black paper moon
Please believe that I will be there, too
When you're lost here I am
Forever with your soul

Raise your head and see that we can shine
Just like the shining moon

 

  You suddenly felt sleepy and closed your eyes slowly.

 

  Someone was looking at you, hiding beneath the dark shadows. He went near you and pulled you closer to him, you leaning to his strong shoulders. He gently caressed your hair, examining your beautiful features. He admired your chocolate-brown eyes, how they would go wide when you're shock, your pink lips that is too tempting, your smooth pointed nose, and your brown hair that complements your features.

 

It's rising to the jam jar's surface--
A card that tells everything
About the world that will become

Your destiny follows any path you choose
Create your own world today
And power it with the strength of your wish

Don't try to stop me now, baby
There's no one who can keep me from you

Fairy blue I live my life for you
Forever and again I'll follow this path for
Eternity
If you call for me into the night
I will find you, my dear
Wherever you have gone
I will break the curse that keeps you there
So we can all go home

There isn't a soul who'll believe in me now
And sometimes I'm lost in myself in madness
But even then I hear your voice from somewhere
Your melody echoes in my heart

 

  Both of you slept peacefully, not caring what will happen to the future with each other’s tight embrace, the moon and stars witness this endearing and sweet sight.

 

~~~

 

  President Shadow was watching a boy and a girl through a hidden surveillance camera on the rooftop, a smirk formed on his face.

 

  “The game starts now. This will be interesting,” he said and laughed evilly.

 

~~~

 

Hohohoho…so who’s the mystery boy? I’m so excited to type now…I’m so hyped up with this fanfic. I’m so inspired because of the continuous wins of the boys…AWOOOO~ Saranghaeyo Exo~

 

Thanks for reading this anyways guys~

 

XOXO<3