Out of the Closet

Shacking Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Kyuhyun’s in love with me.  That was still the predominant thought in my head, even as all our hyungs were looking at me and my cheeks were burning from embarrassment.  What was I supposed to say to them now, after Kyuhyun had revealed that there was more to our relationship than friendship?  I looked down at my lap, unable to make eye contact with any of them.  Eunhyuk was beside me and began to rub my back and Leeteuk, whose reaction I feared the most, grabbed my hand.

            “Ryeowook,” he softly said.

            I looked up at him.  Of all the people in this room, the one I wished not to disappoint the most was our leader, who I knew sacrificed a great deal just to keep us all happy.  He was always under such great pressure from everyone: the members, the managers, the company, the media.  I didn’t want to add to that unnecessarily.  I felt the tears well up in my eyes as I stared at him.  A relaxed smile spread across his face and he sandwiched my hand in both of his. 

            “We already knew.”

            I looked around the table in disbelief and realized that none of my hyungs looked startled by Kyuhyun’s admission.  Most of them were just smiling at me.  Except Sungmin, who was scowling down at his cup of tea for some reason and sticking his finger into the drink.  I looked back at Leeteuk, giving him a perplexed look.

            “We were getting a little tired of you keeping secrets,” he explained.  “But we’ll talk about that in a few.  I think right now you should go to Kyuhyun and settle him down a bit.”

            I nodded my head and Leeteuk released me.  I jumped up right away and ran down the hall.  I opened the door, sighing in relief that he hadn’t locked it, and found him sitting on his bed with his legs pulled up, his arms wrapped around them, and his face buried in his knees.  I climbed onto the bed and crawled over to him and waited a moment.  When he refused to look up at me, I grabbed his hands and pried them away from his legs.  His head popped up in surprise and I shoved his chest hard, making him fall back against his mattress.  Then I straddled him.  I had his attention now, as he looked up at me with wide eyes.

            I lowered myself over him and kissed him passionately, for a long while, until we were both running out of air and I forced my lips away to take deep breaths.  “I love you,” I told him.

            Kyuhyun was too out of breath to speak yet and just nodded his head. 

            I lay down and rested my head against his chest and he s his arms around me, his hands rubbing in circles over my back.  The rise and fall of his chest began to slow down and he kissed the top of my head.  “I love you, too.  I’m sorry that I told the others without your permission.”

            “They already knew about us, Kyuhyun.”

            “Really?”

            “That’s what Leeteuk just said.”

            “So…all along those bastards were just saying that to get a reaction out of me?”

            “I don’t know.  You’d have to ask them.  I don’t know if this means they’ll let us room together or not.  I just know that not a single one of them actually looked surprised to hear what you said.  I think I was the only one who was.”

            “I’m sorry.”

            “I don’t want you to apologize.  It makes me feel as if you plan on taking back what you said.”

            “I’m not taking back what I said.  I just feel bad because I know you wanted us to keep quiet about our relationship, but I was so angry at them for not listening to me.  There really couldn’t have been a valid reason to argue against us rooming together and I knew that.”

            “You realize that sharing a room together would be the equivalent of moving in together—or as close as we could come to that for the time being—are you sure you’re ready for that?” I asked.

            “Of course I am.  This isn’t just about ,” he said, his grip unconsciously tightening a bit.  “This is about being with the person I love most as much as possible.  And sleeping.  I can’t fall asleep without you anymore.  I don’t know why it’s suddenly a problem, since we’ve never slept together on a regular basis to begin with.”

            I tilted my head back and kissed his cheek.

            “Unless you don’t want to,” he suddenly said, as if he realized he hadn’t asked my opinion on the matter.  “I’m not trying to pressure you into sharing a room with me if you’re not ready to.  I know that I can be kind of a pain in the and that I sometimes snore a little and I’m kind of messy, but I promise to work on cleaning up after myself and—”

            I stopped his rambling by rising up enough to look at him and pecking his lips.  “Yes, I want to room together.  I’m just nervous about how everyone will react and who else might realize that we’re together.”

            Kyuhyun only nodded and sighed deeply.  Despite his earlier outburst, he wasn’t one to talk about what he felt, but I could tell that my words put him at ease.

            There was a knock at the door and I sat up and turned towards the door.  “Come in.”

            Leeteuk opened the door a little and stuck his head in.  “Can the two of you rejoin us so we can finish our talk?”

            We both got up out of bed, since neither of us could ever manage to say no to our leader, and headed back out into the dining room.  I reached for Kyuhyun’s hand and he squeezed my fingers.  When we reached the dining room, the members had moved around a bit so that there were two spots next to each other by where I was sitting previously and we took the seats next to each other.  Neither of us said a word as the members all stopped talking and turned to look at us.

            “Well, now that we have everything out in the open, perhaps we can continue on with our discussion,” Leeteuk said, his sparkling eyes belying his calm exterior. 

            “Why didn’t you just tell us that you all knew?” Kyuhyun asked moodily.

            “Why did you hide it?” Leeteuk asked back.  “We didn’t know if we should be interfering in your love life or not, but it’s been going on a little too long to ignore now.  We all agreed that we would prefer having the whole thing laid out on the table.”

            “And out of the closet,” teased Eunhyuk.

            “Yeah, no doing it in the closet.  The idea of it disturbs me.  I have in there,” Yesung spoke up.

            “Not in the shower either!  That’s used by everyone,” Heechul added.

            “Nowhere in the bathroom.  If you don’t specify the whole bathroom and you just say shower, you know that Kyu’s going to interpret that how he wants to,” Hangeng cut in.

            I grew steadily more embarrassed as the conversation continued and thankfully Leeteuk picked up on how uncomfortable I was and put a stop to it.  “That’s enough now.  I’m sure that once they have their own room, they won’t have to go to such extreme lengths to be together.  So, that’s enough of that talk.”

            “How long have you known, hyung?” I asked.

            “Since about Christmas,” he answered.  “Am I close?”

            I covered my face with my hands, so amazed that he’d known all along and I was still trying to hide it from him. 

            “Christmas Eve,” Kyuhyun confirmed.

            “How?” I asked.

            “I’m your roommate,” Leeteuk reminded me.  “I’m going to notice when you start spacing out for no reason and smile like an idiot when Kyuhyun walks through the door.”

            “And then you two stopped flirting all the time and we knew something had to have happened,” Donghae pointed out.

            “See,” Kyuhyun said, elbowing me.  “I told you they’d get suspicious if we stopped.”

            “As for me, being in a subgroup together put things into drastic perspective,” Yesung pointed out.  “I felt like I was a featured guest on the KyuWook show or something.  I know that even before you got together, you tried to include me in your world as much as possible, but it was so clear that you two only had eyes for each other.  I mean, the mushiness almost made me vomit a few times.”

            “You know, personally, I was relieved when you two finally got together because I was starting to lose hope that it would ever happen and you were both going to pretend never to care more for each other than you let on,” Hangeng said.

            Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around my shoulder, as I was still so overwhelmed by the whole discussion.  “So, this means none of you have any objection to us rooming together in actuality.”

            All of the members shook their heads or said no.  Immediately, I released the tension throughout my body and rested my head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder.  Was this really as simple as telling the truth?  Wasn’t anyone in objection?

            “The only thing is, in order to ensure that rumors don’t get around, we’re going to fudge our roommate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter