07

Speechless

"Hello?"

"Avi?"

"Yea, who is this?"  

"You can't recognize your eggplants voice anymore?" 

"OMG dude, where have you been?  Do you know how many times I tried calling you?  Last I heard you were supposed to be in LA, and then you were supposed to come up to SF to see us.  What the hell?  Do you know how upset I was.  You let everyone down, dude--"

"I'm so sorry I uh uh." My voice was cracking the tears started coming down.

"Heyy no don't cry.  Hey I didn't mean to make you upset.  Babe it's cool.  We are cool, calm down, we just missed you".  He tried to comfort me.

"No it's not that.  Avi I just needed someone to talk to.  I know I was supposed to come, I was gonna call and tell you.  How could I forget, but something happened.  Avi, I uh.. Avi, Jay he, he cheated on me.  I caught him in bed with another girl. ". I started balling.  This is so embarrassing, I needed to tell someone but this I can't believe these words just came out of my mouth.

"Hey calm down, calm down.  Breathe, you're going to be okay. This punk, .  Don't cry, he isn't worth it.  Breathe.  Where are you?  Korea?  Okay I'm coming.  I'll take the next flight out tonight."  

"No no it's okay.  Don't do that."

"I took this whole month off thinking you would be here with us in Cali.  So don't think you can stop me.  I'll be there. You need me, this is what bestfriends are for."

"Avi.." I started crying more, Avi was coming.  "Don't tell anyone else."

"I won't, don't worry.  Okay there is a flight out tonight", I heard some typing, " I will be in Seoul at 2 tomorrow.  I'll call you when I get there and I will text you the details.  Don't cry anymore, I'm coming."  He hung up.

 

***

I hung up and was sitting in the lobby, my break should be over soon.  I have to go back to the studio.  My phone buzzed.  Cha cha was calling.  "Hello?  Yea I am coming."  I went up to the room.  I walked in and I locked eyes with Jay, where was Cha Cha.  I can't be in here alone with him.  My phone buzzed again.  I looked down.  It was Avi's flight details.  I got busy with my phone and tried to ignore Jay.  I could feel his eyes boring into my head.  

I felt him move and start coming closer.  Then the door opened.  Cha cha came in.  I let go of breath I didn't even notice I was holding.  

"Hey boss said you're done.  He just listened to today's set.  Your done recording for this album, he said your emotions came through perfectly, you finished in one shot.   I guess comin back early was good for you.  Now just go test.  Boss's orders.  We are ahead of schedule!"

"Really?? " you could hear the excitement in my voice.  I started packing up my stuff.  "Thanks, bye."

I walked out the door so fast without even looking up.  This is exactly what I needed, time away.  

"hey!" I heard his voice, and a door slam behind me.  I didn't look back.  I started walking faster.  I felt something on my elbow, I tried to pull away.  He turned me around and punted me against the wall.  "When I say hey, that doesn't mean keep going."  He snarled into my ear.  

Just then someone opened the door next to us.  Jay quickly let go, and I slipped away.  I got lucky again...