Because I am a girl

I'm Pretty Ugly but Beautiful

“We are finally going to camp!!” Hyosung and Sunhwa screamed in excitement.

“Where is Yongguk…He said he was going to be here this week for school and camp…” Joong Ki said.

“I’m here you idiot…”Yongguk said standing behind Joong Ki.

“You made it!!” Everyone shouted.

We got into the bus.

Hyosung apologised to Ha Jeong because she had promised to sit next to Sunhwa. Yongguk was ditched by Himchan who went off to sit with Joong Ki. Leaving Kikwang, Ha Jeong and Yongguk standing in the bus Yongguk and Kikwang and Ha Jeong ended up together at the very back of the bus with Ha Jeong sitting in the middle. It had been a while since Yongguk had talked to Ha Jeong as Yongguk. He did want to apologise to her about the incident at the movies but his ego and pride would not let those words come out of his mouth. Kikwang and Ha Jeong continued to chatter and smile and talk with each other about finger sandwiches.

“So in these finger sandwiches do you actually put fingers in them…?” Yongguk asked trying to break the ice.

Ha Jeong stared at Yongguk and made sure he understood how lame the joke he just made was. Yongguk regretted trying the break the ice with a joke.

“Look Ha Jeong…about last time…” Yongguk was cut off by Ha Jeong.

“It’s okay…I forgot about…I don’t care…”Ha Jeong smiled and then stopped talking to Kikwang.

“So how long have you guys been friends for….?” Kikwang asked her.

Yongguk and Ha Jeong was silent for a moment. They just remembered how they met when they were younger.

~~~~~ Flashback ~~~~

12 years ago

“You can’t be a girl! You are too ugly!!” Yongguk said.

“I am a girl!” Ha Jeong yelled at Yongguk he just laughed and left.

Out of anger he picked up a rock and chucked it at his head.

“Ow!!!” Yongguk began to cry and Ha Jeong also began to cry because he had called her ugly.

~~~~ End of flashback ~~~~

Yongguk thought about how they met he thought it was pretty funny but he also regretted what he had said.

“We met when we were 5 years old…” Ha Jeong said.

~~~~ A few hours later ~~~~

They arrived at the camp and toured around the countryside.

~~~~ At the farm ~~~~~~

“Eww!! Don’t come near me!!” Hyosung and Sunhwa screamed at the poor dog.

Ha Jeong went over to the dog and scratched his belly.

“There’s a good boy…but how long has it been since your last bath…” She asked as she feed him a few treats.

“I need 4 volunteers to wash this dog…”

Yongguk, Kikwang, Hyosung and Ha Jeong were picked.

Everyone else either feed or cleaned the places the animals stayed in.

“Fill the bucket up with water and Hyosung and I will get the sponge….” Ha Jeong said and she ran off with Hyosung and returned with the soap and the sponge.

They washed the dog but he kept shaking the water off and made the four of them wet.

Ha Jeong and Kikwang burst out laughing but Yongguk and Hyosung was not pleased.

Hyosung and Yongguk couldn’t stop staring at Kikwang and Ha Jeong. The two ended up falling for their friend.

After this they went to make so traditional Korean candy. The next day they played more traditional Korean games and helped the elderly.

That night there was campfire.

Hyosung POV

I walked to Kikwang who was sitting by himself looking at Ha Jeong.

‘It’s now or never…’

“Kikwang…”

He turned around to look at me.

“What’s up…?” he asked me

“I-I-I need to tell you something…” I was barely getting the words out.

“Yea…?” He waited for me to talk.

“I-I like you….”

There was a moment of silence and it made me feel really uncomfortable.

He then smiled.

“I do too! You’re my friend…”He said as he got up.

He tapped me on the shoulder and walked away.

“No…I like you….more than a friend…”

Kikwang froze and he turned around.

‘Please don’t say anything…please…’

“I-I’m sorry Hyosung…I don’t like you in that way. I like someone else…” Kikwang said and he walked off.

I felt the tears roll down my face. I wanted to stop him and beg him but I couldn’t because of my pride as a girl.

‘Please don’t walk away…’

“Is it Ha Jeong…?”

He stopped once more.

“Yes…it is…” He then walked off really fast so that I couldn’t ask him anymore

Yongguk POV

I sat with Ha Jeong staring at the stars in the sky.

“You know we wouldn’t be able to see the stars if we were in Seoul…” Ha Jeong said laughing.

She was truly beautiful, inside and out. I don’t know what I was thinking when I had called her ugly two times.

“Ha Jeong….do you still like me…?”

Ha Jeong froze and I just realised what I had just asked.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to-“

“Yes…I do…but now I’m trying to give up on you…because I want to move on….” She said smiling at me.

“I want to sleep now the camp was tiring…” She got up and left me there.

‘You are giving up on me…That’s good…’

Ha Jeong POV

‘I was sick and tired of loving you…it’s never going to happen. I want save my pride as a girl while I still can…’

I walked off and wiped my tears. On the way back home I sat with Hyosung who didn’t talk to me. She seemed really angry at me.

Yongguk POV

I was sitting next to Himchan and I watched Ha Jeong she was just looking out the window. She had never looked so sad before.

~~~~ At school ~~~

Ha Jeong ran late to her food tech class again. After what Kikwang had said anything she did pissed Hyosung off. She was always early for class studied harder and tried harder but she always got the better marks. She didn’t even try hard but she stole Kikwang’s heart.

“What are we doing…?” Ha Jeong asked me.

“You figure it out….you should learn to come on time. “ Hyosung said to Ha Jeong in a cold voice.

“It’s not my fault the teacher held me back again because I messed up the experiment…” Ha Jeong said.

“It is your fault you were stupid enough to make your mistake…” Hyosung snapped at me.

Ha Jeong stared at Hyosung she did not know why Hyosung was being such a to her theses days.

“What is your problem…?” I yelled at her.

“You are so irresponsible and you expect me to help you with everything….” Hyosung shouted at me.

“I have been putting up with your grouchy behaviour for 3 weeks so it up and stop being a stupid baby….your 17…” Ha Jeong yelled back at her.

Hyosung grabbed an egg and smashed it on Ha Jeong’s head. Out of anger Ha Jeong grabbed the bowl of butter and wiped it all over her school dress. Then the war began. Ha Jeong chucked flour at Hyosung and she splashed milk in Ha Jeong’s face and they started to rip each other apart they also through all the food at each other.

They ended up in the principal’s office.

“I’m sorry…” Hyosung whispered to Ha Jeong.

“I’m sorry too but can you tell me why you were so grouchy…?” Ha Jeong asked.

“I like Kikwang but he likes you….but if it’s you I can give up on him….” Hyosung said smiling at Ha Jeong.

“I don’t even know if I like him….” Ha Jeong sighed.

“I want you to get over Yongguk…” Hyosung said.

“Yea…I’m almost over him….but I still like him….” Ha Jeong said.

“Save your pride as a girl…” Hyosung said

Then they hugged.

Ha Jeong POV

‘It has been 5 years…can I give up on him….?’

~~~~ End of chapter 7 ~~~~