What is your name?

I'm Pretty Ugly but Beautiful

The boy leaned on the window sill staring out at the world

He remembered how his mother wanted him to attend a normal high school and quit his Basketball school. In frustration he messed his hair up and sighed heavily before returning to his hospital bed his arm hanging in a sling.

Near the hospital Ha Jeong was walking to the nearby coffee shop to meet her blind date partner and also to drop Min Jun off at Himchan’s.

“I feel so nervous!!”  Ha Jeong continuous swung her handbag around in circles.

“I can see that…” Yongguk said as he just shook his head and rolled his eyes at her.

The boy tied the little message onto the dove’s feet and set him free.

“Please Ha Jeong stop swing the bag around…”  Yongguk said as he tried to stay away from her bag swing side.

The bag which was swing at a dangerous speed was accidentally released and hit a flying bird causing the small creature to squawk.

Ha Jeong and Yongguk ran over to the injured bird.

“And that is why you don’t swing a handbag at that speed…” Yongguk said to Ha Jeong raising his eyebrow at her.

“Oh no!! I need to take this bird home!” Ha Jeong shouted in panic. She reached into the bag and called Hyosung.

“Sorry but I injured a bird so I need to kind of take him home, I’m sorry I can’t go okay you can kill me later…bye!” She hung up on Hyosung. She gently placed the bird in her handbag, grabbed Yongguk’s hand and rushed home.

“Why do I have to be here?” Yongguk asked himself in annoyance.

She bandaged the poor bird’s leg and found a little note tucked in the bird’s feet.

She pulled it out and read the note.

‘Dear who ever might be reading this I need help…

I love basketball but my annoying mother wants me to attend TS High School

Should I listen to her?....

Signed a boy who is lost….’

Ha Jeong POV

“Poor boy….”

“I want to go home…” Min Jun whined.

I rolled my eyes I placed the note on my table and picked up my bag and took Yongguk home.

~~~~ 2 Weeks later ~~~~

The boy looked out his window and smiled when he saw his bird fly back.

“Hi Ash…” He called out to his pet dove.

There was a different coloured scroll Ash was holding onto. The boy pulled it out and read the reply.

‘Dear lost boy

Just go to TS High School

You might meet me!

There are a lot of basketball courts and a lot of nice and some mean people!

Hope to see you there one day…

Signed Ha Jeong…’

“Ha Jeong…?” The boy asked himself the person sounded nice.

He smiled to himself as he put the dove back in its cage. He called his mother telling her what she wanted to hear. He packed his bag for the first day of school that was coming up in a few days’ time.

~~~~ A few days later ~~~~

“Kikwang!! Hurry up!! You are going to be late!!” the boy’s mother shouted

Kikwang POV

“Okay!!” I grabbed an Apple and a piece of bread and ran out the door hoping to catch the bus.

I saw the last person slowly get into the bus. I dashed to the door and just made it in time.I looked around the bus for a spare seat and found one next to a high school girl.

‘She has the school’s girl uniform, she must be from my new school….’

“E-Excuse me… can I sit there…”

The girl continued to stare out the window and did not even bother to look at me.

‘I guess she is one the mean people at the school…’

I thought and smiled to myself.

I shook her gently her head roughly turned and she was facing me. She continued to snore and couldn’t hear me. I just laughed and shook my head.I sat next to her and waited for my stop. A few minutes later the bus stopped infront of the school. The moment the bus stopped the girl got up and grabbed her bag and jumped over me and ran out the door. I sat there a bit shocked but quickly got up and exited the bus as well. I stared at the other students walking into the school I shrugged and walked inside too.

“Kikwang!”I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

I saw Joong Ki’s arm hang around my neck.

“I didn’t know you moved here too!” I was actually happy I had someone I knew here as well.

“Can I see your time table…? I want to know what classes you took…” Joong Ki asked.

I gave him my timetable.

“Oh…you have Photography with me…cool…”

Suddenly the bell rang and we were forced to go to our first class.

“See ya…” Joong Ki said and left me there while running away with my timetable.

“Bye-…wait! I don’t know where I have to go…” Joong Ki had run off and I was standing here feeling confused.

I walked into the school building and tried to look for the principal’s office.

“Kikwang…what are you doing here…you should be in Photography with me…” I turned around and Joong KI was standing there.

“You stole my timetable…”

“Sorry….” Joong Ki smiled he’s cheeky smile and tried to get away with it.

I followed him into a classroom where everyone turned to look at me. I have never felt so awkward.

“Please introduce yourself to the class that you are late to by 10minutes…” The teacher said trying to make me feel guilty.

I bowed to the class.

“Hello, my name is Lee Kikwang I just moved here from the Seoul’s Targeted Basketball High School…” Everyone clapped and just looked at me well everyone except one person again.

“Go sit next to Joong Ki….and I will begin my class again…” the teacher mutteredthe last statement under his breath.

I walked to the empty table to the left of Joong Ki, there was a window next to it. As I sat down Joong Ki pulled out my timetable and he gave it to me.

“I can’t believe you came to my school! Let’s play basketball at lunch…Everyone at this school …well except this guy called Yongguk, Himchan and this girl called Ha Jeong…they are so good they actually might be able to beat you one day…” Joong Ki continuously chatted to me.

‘Ha Jeong…?’

“Who is this Ha Jeong…?”

Joong Ki pointed at the girl sleeping in class. She was sitting diagonally from me.

‘The girl from the bus…’

“Ha Jeong how about you tell me what angle and shot this is…” The teacher asked in a really annoyed voice.

A girl next to her pushed her to wake her up but she fell off the chair and landed on the floor.

Thump

She immediately stood up and looked around and slowly came back to reality.

“That sir is a high angle long shot. The cameraman or woman shot it up there so it would make the man seem more insignificant and lost compared to the gigantic forest he was in…” she said as she yawned.

The teacher nodded in amazement.

“Very good…but don’t sleep in my class…” The teacher then continued to drone on about what she had said.

“That’s her…” Joong Ki whispered to me.

I watched her till the end of class. I smiled to myself. She was really cute. I mean it wasn’t in a little girly cute kind of cute but a clumsy spontaneous cute. As the class continued on every few seconds I would somehow end up looking her way. I saw the girl next to her glaring at me.

‘H-Hyosung…?’

The bell rang and it was time to go. The girl got up and just shoved everything into my bag and ran out the door.

“Go to gym that’s you next class. See you later…” Joong Ki said and left the room.

I was going out the door but I was stopped by a short girl standing in front of me she slowly lifted her head and glared at me.

“What. Are.You. Doing. Here?” Hyosung asked.

I was still staring at the back of Ha Jeong walking down the school hall amongst the other students.

“Going to school….look I have to go…”

I ran past her.

Hyosung POV

“Ya!!! You should have told me earlier!!!”

‘I would have lost a couple of more kilos to look more attractive!! Stupid Kikwang!!’

“Wait for me!!”

I ran after him.

Kikwang POV

“Today we are playing poison ball…” The teacher stated spilt us into two teams.

“Ready set go!” He chucked the ball into the middle and everyone ran for the ball.

We began throwing and begin people got out.

I just watched Ha Jeong she continued to get people out and also dodged she didn’t go in too often just once in a while.

“Oy! Hyosung! When will you let me touch you big melons…” The guy said almost drooling at Hyosung.

I turned to look at Hyosung she was turning beet red in embarrassment.

‘What’s his problem…?’

I was about to say something to him when I saw a ball flying at dangerous speed towards the guy. It had hit his most precious area.

“That…is what you get for insulting my friend….you filthy bastard. Who’s next…?” I turned to see that Ha Jeong had chucked the ball at him.

The guy yelped in pain and had to be dragged to the nurse’s office where he could be treated.

Ha Jeong POV

‘That , who does he think he is??? He is not suitable for my best friend…’

Looked over at the new guy, he seemed shocked but amazed too.

‘I think I saw him somewhere but oh well…’

‘What was his name again…?’

~~~~~ End of Chapter 3 ~~~~~