Pretty Faces

I'm Pretty Ugly but Beautiful

Yongguk POV

‘Does she know who I am….?’

“It doesn’t matter…” She shrugged as she stood and brushed the dust of her knees

“Anyway sorry little guy…” she said and she ran off to my house.

I followed her back to my house. She pressed the doorbell and stood there staring blankly at the door.

My uncle came and answered the door.

“Oh! Ha Jeong-ah!!! How are you?!” He shouted looking very happy.

“Hello! Is Yongguk here??” she asked as she casually walked in.

“Well….” He glanced over at me and realised I had not or could not tell her anything.

“He has gone away for a bit…I think he will be back soon…” He said.

“Is he going to be here in time for the half yearly tests? Because he can’t graduate unless he gets even 50%.” She said looking worried.

“He will be. Anyway can you baby sit his...cousin?” My uncle said pointing at me.

‘Oh so now I’m my own cousin. I hate my life. I can’t hook up with girls anymore, well at least for now. I need to save 3 for the test weeks.’

She turned around and looked at me.

“You’re Yongguk’s cousin…? Well you definitely have his attitude…” She said nodding but staring at me.

“I am busy with work so can you look after him often for me.” My uncle asked.

‘NOOO!!’

“Sure but-“ She said.

“Oh!! Thank you!!” He cut her off then pushed us out of the house and locked the door

“Okay…?” she shrugged and turned to look at me.

“Do you want to come to a party…? I’m sure Hyosung won’t mind.” She said.

“Yea….awesome…”

She stared at me with a puzzled expression.

“You are so like Yongguk….please don’t be like him when you grow up!!!! You will ruin the earth!!!” She begged me.

“Hey I’m not that-….I mean he is not that bad…”

“What’s your name anyway??” She said as she walked towards Hyosung’s house.

“I’m….I’m….mmmmm…..Min Jun!!! Yeah! That’s my name.”

“Min Jun, cool.” She just walked casually towards her friend’s house.

‘Awesome. I should check out some hot girls that my break my heart although I doubt anyone actually can but I hope there is I don’t want to be like this forever!’

“MIN JUN!” I heard her yell.

“ What?”

“We are here but be nice.” She said and she knocked on the door.

I heard footsteps coming to the door.

“Hi!!!! You are here!!!” Hyosung squealed and squeezed Ha Jeong .

‘Ha! Take that! That’s how I feel when you put me into a headlock!’

Hyosung let her go and then her gaze turned to me

“Who is he?” She asked while staring at me with judging eyes.

“He is Yongguk’s cousin. I am supposed to babysit him but can he come to the party too?”

Hyosung shrugged. “Yea why not…” she then let us walked in her house.

Her house was pretty big and clean.

“Where is everyone…?” Ha Jeong asked looking around.

“They went out to the pool… I tried to push they over there because Sunhwa got a new Bikini and she wanted to show it to Himchan and yea…” Hyosung told Ha Jeong.

We helped her take a couple of soda cans outside for her guests.

I spotted Krystal. They girl I used to date and she was hanging out with another guy.

‘She used to cling onto me…whatever…’

I walked towards her and she got up and came walking my way and I accidentally bumped her causing her to spill her pink soda drink all over her white summer beach dress.

She screamed in horror causing every head to turn and look this way.

“WHY IS THERE A STUPID KID HERE?!” She then shoved me and continued to scream her head off.

“I’m so sorry. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t planning to. Apologise Min Jun!”  She pushed me head down and made me bow down to my past girlfriend.

Krystal stared at me in disgust.

“Why would you bring a child here…?” Krystal snorted and stared at Ha Jeong.

“He is Yongguk’s cousin…” Ha Jeong said.

Krystal’s eyes widened but a couple of seconds later it turned into a smirk.

“Tell your stupid cousin that I’m so much better than him…” She then flicked her hair at me.

“I will also tell him how much of a you were…”

Krystal froze and turned around.

“E-Excuse me….” She snorted and glared at me.

I suddenly felt myself get lifted by my hip.

“I’ll just go and…” Ha Jeong dragged me away from the crowd.

She dragged me inside and sat me on a couch.

“What is wrong with you?” Ha Jeong asked.

“I just told her off for being a …”

Ha Jeong shook her head.

“I know might not be a big fan of kids but seriously, your cousin left her in the middle of an ice rink and left her there. Even I would be pissed…” Ha Jeong said.

‘I did that?’

We sat in awkward silence.

“Why aren’t you hooking up with guys…?”

“Because…why should I tell you??”” Ha Jeong asked turning red.

“I’m bored! I will spill another drink on another girl!”

“Fine…It’s because I like someone. I want to wait until that person likes me. Why does a little kid I just met care so much…?” Ha Jeong said sighing.

“Are you serious?? Are you telling this to a 7 year old now?? Let him grow up and have fun with girls!!” A girl shouted at Ha Jeong as a joke.

We both turned around to see Hyosung coming back inside for more cans.

“Just forget him! I will set you up on a blind date! Please!! I don’t like seeing you like this… Don’t you remember why he rejected you that bastard called you ugly!!” Hyosung shouted.

“He was 12!” Ha Jeong exclaimed.

‘Ugly…I guess she kind of is. I mean, even as my friend, she isn’t too bad but still a little…wait a minute…’

~~~~Flashback~~~~

“I-I-I like you…Yongguk…” Ha Jeong said blushing.

I just stared at her.

“Sorry but can we just remain as friends…I only date pretty and skinny girls…and as a girlfriend you are a bit ugly and really fat but as a friend you are fine…is that okay?”

Ha Jeong was silent for a moment. She did not move or talk, she just stood still. Suddenly she lifted her head and smiled at me.

“I was joking why are you so mean!!” Ha Jeong slapped my shoulder really hard.

“Ow…”

“Okay I need to go to the toilet…” Ha Jeong then ran off.

I felt a drop of water land on my cheek. I looked up to see if it was raining.

“What was that…?”

“Dude…you are so mean…” Himchan said shaking his head at me.

“What did I do???? I don’t like her and she is not that pretty to be my girlfriend!! I have a reputation you know!!”

“You basically called her ugly and fat…” Himchan said as he shot a goal into the hoop.

I saw Ha Jeong coming back and she ran right past me and tried to steal the ball from Himchan and we just began to play.

I guess it was a really awkward and sensitive topic so as the years went by we just swept it under carpet, hoping it would never come up again.

After that day Ha Jeong slowly lost 10 kilograms but she never wore a skirt or a dress, she didn’t even try on any make up. It was almost like she had given up on her face completely.

~~~~ End of flashback ~~~~~

‘M-M-Me….? She still likes me???‘

“Still!! He called you fat and ugly!!!” Hyosung shouted in frustration.

Ha Jeong remained still just like she did 5 years ago.

“Ha Jeong…” Hyosung called in her name in an apologetic voice.

“I’m tired of this…I must look so stupid in front of you, you’re his cousin…” Ha Jeong said smiling at me even though I could see her eyes filling up with water.

“It’s fine. I understand-… I mean I will keep this secret from him….”

‘I mean me…I’m fine…’

“Hyosung…can you help me??” Ha Jeong asked holding back the tears.

“Sure sweetie!!” Hyosung ran over and hugged her tightly.

I just sat there in shock.

‘I didn’t know that thing I said a few years ago would hurt her that much…’

Ha Jeong screamed and cried in her arms.

I had never felt so awkward and confused my whole life.

All I could do was sit there and regret what I had done in the past.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

I unlocked my phone to see what it was.

‘A notification from Facebook…’

I checked the latest newsfeed, it was a photo.

‘Tell a girl she’s beautiful a million times and she’ll never believe you. Call her ugly once and she’ll never forget’

“Ha Jeong….I’m sorry…”

~~~~ End of Chapter 2 ~~~~~