Why do I have to feel pain like this?

Holding Back

"So who's this girl?" I asked.

"Huh, you don't know her?" Onew smirked.

I closed my eyes to think who's that girl could be. Hmm.............

"I don't kno-- huh?" I looked around and realized that Onew has gone. He waved from outside the bus and chuckled looking at me. Gosh, seriously he's been weird these days. Not that I'm watching him, but I know he's different now. Ah~ he's in love with someone! kekeke~ how nice. I smiled to myself.

-




Early in the morning I entered the classroom and found Nicole sitting on her chair, resting her head on the table. I walked towards my desk and poked her arm, but she didn't budge. I poked her again, and she looked at me with sad eyes.

"Are you okay?" I touched her forehead with my palm. Hm, nothing wrong, her fever has already gone.

"Minho....... He.. already have girlfriend." Nicole pouted. *Well, of course he has, who doesn't want to have boyfriend like Minho?* I thought.

I gently Nicole's hair.

"I'm sorry about that" I said. "Maybe you should look for another guy. There are still millions out there." I added. Nicole giggled hearing my advise and I'm glad she's laughing again.



I opened my bag and took out my math notebook. I told Nicole that we have math homework and we have to collect it today, but I haven't finish it yet.

Suddenly a teacher came in and told me to go to the teacher's office immediately.

In the office, the teacher asked me to help her checking some students' assignment. I worried that the Mr.Jungsu will come to my class, and he will punish me for not doing homework, but she said Mr.Junsu is sick, so this is the reason why she called me here.

After about half an hour, I went back to my class. Nicole was writing something on her notebook. I looked at it, and noticed that she was copying Onew's homework. I looked at Onew's notebook, he already finished his homework.

"Jinki-ah. Where did you get the answers?" I asked Onew.

"I got the formula from the internet"

"Ah~ you still smart as ever Lee Jinki" I praised him, but he just smirked.

Wait, he's right. I should look from the internet too.

Nicole finished copying Onew's work and thanked him. I guess she's alright now, and I hope she won't feel heart broken anymore.


---

The school has finished, as usual, Nicole and I took the bus to go home. Onew followed us again.

"Onew, why are you following us?" Nicole asked.

"I told you before, I'm NOT following you." Onew glared at me. I giggled looking at him, his expression was cute. Nicole haven't know about this yet because I haven't had girls talk again with her again since yesterday.



We arrived at Onew's destination. He walked out of the bus and waved at us. As soon as Onew leave, Nicole poked my arm and I know she has something to tell me.

"Guess what? I'm not sad anymore~!" said Nicole.

"I knoe that, because I never see you so sad before. You always laugh even when you're sad." I looked at her and she was like dreaming of something, and it's kinda creepy.

"Don't tell me you've fallen for another guy!" I giggled. Nicole nodded

"Guess who?"

My, this world is full of mystery. First Onew, then Nicole. *Why do I have to guess questions like these?* I thought. I lifted my shoulders.

"Really, you don't realize it? That.... someone. You said yourself that you can read minds of person close to you." Nicole said with sparkling eyes and one wide smile plastered on her beautiful face.

"Yea, I might have said that, but... this is different, and besides, I think I'm not that close to this person." I pouted, looking out the bus window, thinking who is this person that Nicole talked about.

"You know already, I only having crush with a guy that is close to me, Hae." Nicole said unpatiently, waiting for me to pop a name. Nicole's voice was making my heartbeat getting faster.


"Y-you mean Onew? L-Lee Jinki Onew?" I answered with hestitation in my voice. Nicole kept silent for a moment.

Nicole nodded. "Wah! You can really read minds, Hae!"

I gulped. My heartbeat was getting faster.

" NO. DON'T--"

I quickly shut and covered my mouth with my hand.


"Why don't?" Nicole asked. "You like him?"

I suddenly became quiet. I didn't know what to answer, though it's only between Yes and No. I like him? No, I think I don't. But why am I feeling pain inside my heart right now? The pain was inside my chest then it went to my neck, and it's making me hard to say something.


"N-No." I forced myself to say this word. I don't know why but I really really really wanted to say YES, but I don't want to say it in front of her, because I promised her, that she wont feel pain anymore from loving someone.

"Great!!!!" Nicole smiled. She then asked me lots of things about Onew since I was his classmate from middle school. I answered with hestitation, and only answered her questions based on my mind. The atmosphere was kinda different from before, I wanna change it back to normal, but I just can't...

Ah~ I hate myself.....!
 


Mianhae, boring chapter, i know~ ^^ hehe

don't forget to criticize me <3 kamsahamnida :D