여덟 (Eight)

Heart Over Mind
여덟 - Accident
 
The next morning, Hayoung helped Hime arranged the hotel's dining table for breakfast.
"Hayoung-ah, how's he?" Hime asked while cleaning the tables.
"He? Oh, I don't know. Today I'm going to visit him." Hayoung said gloomly.
Hime smiled sadly and patted Hayoung's back. "It'll be okay. He'll be okay soon, I hope" Hime whispered the last words.
Hayoung nodded lightly and keep cleaning the table. Hime hesitated, but finally speaks.
"Hayoung-ah," Hime said.
Hayoung didn't looked up, but Hime know that Hayoung is listening to her.
"Is he.." Hime glanced at her.
"How long he in the hospital?" Hime asked in a faint voice.
Hayoung didn't answered and just keep cleaning. Hime sighed, knowing her friends won't answer that question. And Hime continued her work. And then Infinite entered the room, wearing their disguise of course.
"hey hyung, should we ask Hayoung again?" Sungjong whispered and nudged Sunggyu.
"N-" "yes" L cutted Sunggyu before he could even talk.
"Myungsoo!" Sunggyu yelled lowly.
L just shrugged, earning a glare from Sunggyu. Before Sunggyu can even talk to Sungjong, Sungjong already greeted Hayoung.
"Good morning!" Sungjong cheerfully greeted.
Hayoung looked up and bowed. "Good morning"
Sungjong grinned. "Can you serve for us again today? Please?"
Hime looked at Hayoung and Sungjong, back and forth. She looked at both of them suspiciously.
"Okay," Hayoung said bluntly.
Hime widened her eyes. "Aish, her mind is blank right now!"
So Hayoung followed Sungjong absent-mindedly to their table. Seeing this, L grinned secretly.
 
A few minutes later, Infinite already talking happily while eating, well, except L.
"That girl look so lifeless" L commented in his mind while looking at Hayoung.
Hayoung walked in a despair. Every thursday, she always visited someone, no matter what. And she always a little moody every thursday.
"Hayoung. Hayoung!" Hime called her.
Hayoung snapped from her daze. Soon after she snapped, the tea she served for a client make it way to Hayoung's hand who is holding the cup.
"Ow!" Hayoung screamed and quickly released the cup, and the cup almost fell from the table.
Hayoung looked at L's eyes but quickly busy with her hand. L put the cup back to the table safely and stare at Hayoung deeply. Hayoung shivered under his gaze, but pretend not knowing anything.
"idiot" L muttered and pulled Hayoung.
Hayoung gasped. "Y-yah! Why are you pulling me??"
She looked from Hime, to Infinite and back to Hime, searching for help. However Infinite just gave her a reassuring smile, while Hime is currently busy moping the wet floor.
"Yah!" Hayoung pulled her hand again.
"Can't you just shut up and follow me?!" L snapped.
Hayoung became silent and followed L. Her mind goes back to her precious person that she's going to visit today.
"Can I say today is the worst Thursday ever?" Hayoung blankly thought.
 
L reached a the toilet and entered, even though he knows it's "Ladies" toilet. He didn't mind, he just hope Hayoung is okay.
L quickly pulled Hayoung to the sink. He pulled her hand and run the tap water down her hand. He observed Hayoung's hand.
"Her hand really red. I think it's really hot and painful" L thought.
He looked at Hayoung's blank face and sighed. "Sorry, hand. Your owner is still thinking something very deeply and didn't took a good care of you" he pitied Hayoung's hand.
Pretty ridiculous.
L looked around. The 'ladies' toilet is empty. Should he thanks the god that there's no one around here and thought he's a ert that entered ladies toilet? Maybe he should.
"Oh Hayoung." L tried to call her.
But failed. It looks like she's disconnected from this world and her soul is flying around recklessly. L frowned.
"what make her like this?" He thought, somehow felt curious and annoyed.
"Where's the sarcastic girl I knew?" He thought while pulled her out from the toilet.
L felt weird. He's  not supposed to help this girl. He barely knew her, yet he can't help but feel everything she does has a connection with him.
"I must be crazy," L thought and shook his head, still pulling Hayoung to the closest infirmary.
"I never cared! Why I'm so concerned over her??" L thought as he looked at Hayoung irritatedly.
 
"Excuse me, do you have some bandage?" L asked to the infirmary guardian.
After a few minutes, the guardian came back holding a bandage. L quickly took it and murmured a small thanks. He focused to bandage Hayoung's hand who is still a bit red. He gave her a oinment first and then bandaged it.
"Done," he said, looking straight at her empty eyes.
"Be careful next time" L flicked her forehead, making her goes back to earth.
Hayoung watched as L went out from the infirmary, leaving her alone. She looked at her neatly bandaged hand, and sighed deeply.
"I don't know what makes you, the jerk, wants to help me. But I just want to say.. thank you" she caressed her bandaged hand and walked out from the infirmary.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author note :

finallyyy~ I thought this story is going to end soon ;-; L is being sweet with Hayoung~ bye guys!