Cooking! Cooking!- D.O

Fluffs for Megs

Babe, do you need help with something?” Kyungsoo called from your living room.

 

You muttered to yourself and hurried to grab the box of pasta as the pot boiled over with water.

 

“No! I'm fine!”

 

He obviously didn't believe you because there he appeared in the kitchen a matter of seconds later.

 

“Do you want me to-” He began.

 

“No, I'm doing this.” You were determined, breaking the handful of noodles in half into the boiling water. “You always make dinner.”

 

Kyungsoo smirked, “There's a reason for that.”

 

You gave him a look and shooed him out of the kitchen. He laughed and raised his hands in surrender.

 

“I'll be here if you need me!” He sang.

 

“I won't!” You sang back.

 

Minutes later, the pasta was cooked and you were feeling good.

 

Until it came to cutting the carrots. The knife wouldn't stay in your hand, seemingly cutting everything but the carrots.

 

You jumped slightly when you felt arms snake around your waist from behind but then relaxed into Kyungsoo's familiar arms. He pecked light kisses on the top of your head.

 

“I can't concentrate if you're doing this,” you warned him, resisting the urge to turn around and return his kisses.

 

“Good,” he murmured into you hair. With your loosened grasp on the knife, it was easy for him to take it from your hand.

 

“Hey!”

 

He smirked and bumped you to the side. “I'll finish this off.”

 

                                                                                                                                         ******

You eyed the plate Kyungsoo placed in front of you and watched him as he took a seat across from you.

He noticed and asked, “What?”

 

“I was supposed to make this!” you whined.

 

Kyungsoo twirled some of the pasta onto his fork and took a bite.

 

“Great job with the noodles, babe. They're perfectly cooked,” He exclaimed, obviously exaggerating his excitement.

 

You kicked him under the table. He gave you a thumbs up and wink simultaneously. Even after all this time his actions still caused your heart to melt and flutter and stop all at once.

 

“If you weren't so cute,” you muttered.

 

“Ah, but I am,” he smirked.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever.”