Chapter 3 (Minho's POV)

The Librarian's Story

Thanks for the poster and the BG image!!!

They were done by appleicecream!!

Isn't it beautiful???!!!!!! And way better than the previous one...

Thank you so much!!!

 

========

Sorry for the late update


 

"Excuse me for asking but what are you doing?"

"I'm taking back what's mine."

 

I smirked at her expression. Confusion. She was busy scribbling things on her notebook when I came in with the spare mattress. She didn't notice at first so I kept making a lot of noise as I put all my stuff in. Pillows, my basketball and all my stuff that was put away because of her. I make a lot of noise deliberately and that's when she popped the question. But still she remained a sweet face.

What a hypocrite!

 

"Owh, i'm sorry. Was this your room?"

"Yes,but-" I was cut off by my mom who walks in unexpectedly.

"But you can have it. I'm sorry Krystal but it looks like my son has to share the room with you."

"Owh..um..it's okay eomonim. The fact that I'm still here is wonderful. I promise I'll leave as soon as I recover so I won't be a bother to you guys anymore."

"That's nonsense! You can stay here as long as you want. Right, Minho?"

"Right." My words were dripping with sarcasm."

"Don't worry, Krystal. I promise you, my son won't anything inappropriate if that's what you were worrying about."

"Oh no, no at all. I don't mind sharing the room."

"If Minho does anything that bothers you, remember that I'm just a room away."

 

She nodded and walk away but not before giving me the you-better-not-do-anything-to-her look. I smiled reassuringly tough my heart fails to agree with my actions. When she disappear from my sight, I quickly close the door. The sound of it closing startled Krystal. She gripped her pencil tighter. Scared, I scoffed, a total girly girl. Right, It's time to get my plan going.

 

"Um, why did you close the door?"

"Cause I like my privacy."

"Then, do you want me to go out?" She motions towards the door.

"No, stay. I'd like to get to know you better. You've lived in my house for 3 days now and I don't believe I've ever talked to you."

"Ok, then. I'd be happy to tell you what i know about myself." 

 

She smiled warmly at me. Wow.. her smile is beautiful.... What am I talking about? She's acting, of course. And so am I. I'll make her remember abut her past really hard until she cries. My plan is to make her suffer while her stay.

 

"So, is that your real name?"

"What?"

"Krystal?" She gave my question a thought. Her eyebrows starts to crease as time goes by. Looks like my plan is working.

"I can't remember. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. All I know is I have the nam 'Krystal' embedded on this necklace I was wearing. See.."

She showed me the necklace she'd hiding in her newly bought shirt. It's a heart-shaped pendant with her suppposed name written on it. Krystal. It is written in diamond. Real ones. Not just some fake zirconiums. And the necklace itself is pure gold. A thought crossed my mind as I scrutinized the necklace further.

"Are you rich?" I blurted out.

"I don't... know. The only thing I remember from my past is running in the rain from something and then I passed out. The next thing I know, I was here on thist soft warm bed." I was silenced by her answer. No witty remarks that came out of my mouth. What was she running from? This girl really is a mystery.

"Were you the one who carried me here?"

"Huh, what?" I didn't hear her last question since I was stuck in figuring this beautiful girl in front of me. She stifled a laugh before repeating her question.

"I said, were you the one who carried me to your room?"

"Yes, yes I did."

"Well then, thank you so much." She smiled her beautiful smile again. I was enchanted by her smile once again. Aishh, her smie can really kill me.

"How about you?" she continued. "Tell me something about yourself."

"Um, why would you want to know?" Honestly, her question shocked me. Why would she care about me?

"Well, I would want to know something about my saviour."

"What would you like to know?" She's turning the table on me. And like a fool I've fallen for her trap.

"Your age, maybe? And what are you doing now."

"I'm turning 19 this year and I just graduated from high school a few weeks ago. Currently, I'm working with my mom at her library." Her face brightened at the mention of the word.

"Oohh, I love libraries! Eomonim never told me that you're a librarian too." What? Mom never spoke about me in front of this girl? Is she forgetting about my existence completely?

"Yeah, I work there with the co-workers. You know just to pass the time away during the break. And the pay is quite hefty."

"Since you stay around books, you must be the smartest guy in school, huh?" I scoffed at her words.

"I barely passed high school. The traits of intelligence unfortunately doesn't fall on me. I inherited my father's skills and looks."

"Yeah, eomonim showed him to me. You look just like him." By now, her notebook and pencil are completely forgotten to the side. "Do you by any chance have a girlfriend or someone that is special to your heart?" She asked out of nowhere. Her question completely got me taken aback. 

"Why? Do you want to be mine?" She flustered at my remark. I don''t know where the words came from. I really didn't meant it.

"Um, no! I didn't mean it that way. I mean, a handsome guy like you surely wouldn't be taken."

"Well-"

Our conversation was cut short by the sound of the door slammed open. And there stood my mother. Looks like she just finished cooking.

"Hey children, lunch is ready." She stood frozen, shocked maybe at our current position. I am sitting on a chair right next to the bed while she's lounging on it. "I'm sorry. Did I interrupt something?"

"No you didn't eomonim. Minho was just telling me about himself."

"I see. It's good to see you two getting along."

"We'll be at the table in a sec, ma."

"Thanks for calling us, eomonim."

"No worries. Make sure you help her up, Minho. She still can't walk properly without falling."

"Neh, eomma." I smiled but inside I am fuming over this order. What is she? A baby?

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

We arrived at the table a few minutes later. I helped her up with ease. My plan to make her suffer earlier came to an abrupt halt as the tables turned and she was the one questioning me. And I fall to her trap like a fly trap in a flying venus. I don't know why it was so easy talking to her. I guess she reminds me of Yoona in a way I can't recall. The only females I've ben communicating with are my mom and my co-workers since her departure. I won't let this petty thing ruin my chances on getting her out of this place. I'll make sure she's out of here eventually.

 

My eyes turn to the table that was set up beautifully by my mother. The only peculiar thing was the variety of food served on it. There's Samgyupsal, Han-u, Samgyetang and a whole lot of side dishes. A luxury that can only be found on special occasions like my birthday or hers. I wonder what's the cause of all this.

 

"Eomma, why is there so much food? Whose birthday is it today?" I ask as I took my seat, between her and Krystal.

"No one. I just thought that since we have a new addition to the family, we would need a lot more food."

"A new addition? Ma, are you pregnant?" That remark got me a slap at the back of my head. I rub the back of my head with my hand while stifling a laugh. It's been so long since we tease each other.

"Yah, Choi Minho! How can I be pregnant when your father is long gone?"

"Then, what are you talking about?" I asked nonchalantly as I spooned the cut pieces of samgyupsal into my mouth.

"I was talking about Krystal." Her reply got me almost choking there.

"What?!"

"Yes, I'm glad that she came here. This is just a token of my appreciation and I hope that she would stay here longer." I began to eat slowly as the conversation progress further between her and Krystal.

"Really eomonim? Thank you very much! But... I didn't do anything but caused trouble to you guys. I mean this whole meal must be expenxive and not to mention the clothes you bought for me earlier. Not that I don't appreciate it." The food is getting more and more tasteless as I fed myself more of the dishes in fron of me.

"No no no! Not at all! If anything, It is a pleasure to have you here. My only hope is you would like to stay in our humble home longer."

"Thank you eomonim."

"Please just call me eomma."

 

I didn't respond throughout their whole conversation. No matter how much I ate, nothing feels like it's going down. My heart feels like it has been ripped apart and thrown to the ground, only t be stomped by a parade of circus elephants. Weird metaphors, I know. How could she do this? Aren't I enoughto bring joy to her heart? Her actions only gave me a whole lot more reasons to hate this Krystal. She took away my mom.

We ate in silence until halfway through the meal, Krystal broke it.

 

"Eomonim, can I ask of you something?"

"Please just call me eomma. Sure, sweetie. Anything you want." She bit her lips maybe carefully working out her next sentence.

"Um, may I work with Minho at the library?" WHAT?!

"B-but you haven't fully recovered yet. And this job involves a whole lot of physical like arranging books on high shelf and dusting shelves and-"

"Then, I'll just do the easy stuff until I do recover fully."

"Um..." Mom is starting to hesitate.

"Please!!!" She begged with her amazing eyes. "If you won't let me do it than I'll have to leave this house."

Is she serious? Mom! Please say no! Let her go!

"But-"

"I feel so guilty laying here alone while you and Minh is off doing your job just to feed me. Let me help, eomma!"

Please don't give in eomma! Let her go!

Mom let out a sigh before she continues. "Fine, but you can only work with me starting next week and I won't let you do any heavy stuff, all right?"

I should have known. Mom would never say no to her. And like that my one easy chance of getting her out flew away.

"Neh eomma!" She smiled brightly and continues eating the luxurious meal in front of her.

 

Great, this is my chance to continue with the second phase of my plan.

 

 


Ahh! I finally updated!!

Sorry if I have typos cause I am too lazy to check back...

Please don't forget to check out this new fic I came up with....

ChungDam's High School's Special Class..

It's a TaeLli fic with a lot of other suporting couples... but no MinStal, sorry!!!

I've also written a one shot....

In here there's Krystal but no Minho....

It's based on a movie I saw last year and was kind of hooked to it...

 

3 Days...

 

 

It's different than what I usually write but please do check it out!!!

It is lacking of subscribers and I really want to write a sequel for this....

YOUR SUPPORT REALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME!!!

P/S: I always squeal in delight whenever I see new subscribers or story comments.... Pathetic I know but I hope you know how much I appreciate you guys....

 

 

Here's the list of the 15 past past week subscribers that I needed to thank. for making this fic reached 41 subscribers....

changbabyjo

ChubbyChibi

StarryKelly

byebye12

secretmaknae101

yan_onepiece

appleicecream

sparklingAWRA

bubblemilkteaahh

whitebboat

stuartlittle

JaeLeeMint

milkmaniac

browneyesmouse04

Yeoniee

 

For other subscribers, don't fret cause your names will all be there in the next chapter, kay!

I'll try hard and update the next chapter before I go home tomorrow!

But no promises!!