Chapter 5 (Minho's POV)

The Librarian's Story

 

This chapter is personally one of my fav...

And it's a bit longer than the others too...

Somebody unsubscribed... :(((((( T_T...

Is my story getting boring?

 

 

==================

 

 

 

Krystal has been working here for a week and she has invaded my home for 2 weeks, 3 days and a few hours to date but still shows no sign of leaving. I've been trying everything I can think of to get her out but it's becoming harder with everyone against me. At home, there's mom. At work, there's always Key, Amber and Sunye with her. When I try to make her feel miserable, i end up having a friendly chat with her. I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

 

I'm becoming more and more invinsible in everybody's eyes. It's as if this girl is replacing me and the worst of it all is she's doing a better job than me. I think I may have to reconsider this plan. Let time tell when she's ready to go. Maybe I'll be friends with her. You know, if you can't beat them join them. She's not a bad person so, why not right?

 

It's almost lunchtime and i thought maybe I'll take Krystal out for lunch. Today she's on dusting duty. She's been in perfect condition and so mom let her do more heavy stuff. All of my colleagues have gone off to lunch so there's only me and her left. I walk to the Literature section where she's supposed to be.

 

As I approach the place, I can hear faint peals of laughter echoing from the empty place. I see Krystal sitting on a stool with one leg on someone I couldn't see, laughing as the invinsible person make jokes to her. A far as I know, everyone has gone out for lunch so who could that be? I approach her further to find out who it is.

 

To my surprise, I saw Hongki sitting in front of her, massaging krystal's leg. He's working up his old playboy charm again. Krystal endured the pain but she can't help it from showing on her face. A surge of rage and jealousy flows through my body. I really want to march right over there and stop whatever they are doing right  now but I decided on something else. I hide behind the poorly stacked books to see if I could spy on them. But my plan backfires when the books fall with a loud thud. and reveals me in front of them. I try to run but they notice me before I can.

 

"Minho, is that you?" Hongki called out. I dismissed my plans to run and decided to confront them.

"Hey Hongki.. Care to explain? The reason you're here?"

"I was just thinking about going out for lunch with you when I saw Krystal here, trying to dust off the highest part of the shelf. She fell and hurt her leg so I'm just easing the pain for her," he explained. It helped tone down the raging green monster inside of me.

"Well then, I'm here. Let's go!"

"Sure, I'm almost finished." He squeezed her leg for one last time and put it down gently before standing up. "Want to join us for lunch Krystal?" Hongki asks her.

She looks at me guiltily as if asking for approval. i nodded and her face brightens. She said yes to Hongki and me and we move out of the building.

 

 

~ - ~ - ~ - ~

 

 

"You're such a tease Krys."

 

We're now sitting in me and Hongki's favourite hang out place, having our lunch with Krystal. So far, they only talk with each other, flirting and teasing like a real couple. I feel like a third wheel. It's as if I am non-existent over here. I'm sitting here fuming over the suden closeness between her and Hongki. Even the food feels tasteless now. 

 

"Excuse me for a second. I need to go to the ladies room for a sec," Krystal excused herself and went to the toilet. My eyes trailed her until she was out of my sight. Then, I feel a slight tap of my shoulders.

"You're jealous of me aren't you?" Hongki asks suddenly. I chortled at that question. 

"What? Why should I? It's not like she's my girlfriend or anything. As far as I know, we're mortal enemies."

"Yeah? Well, she doesn't acknowledge that."

"What?"

"She's always talking about how great you are. So much that it makes me sick inside. If only she knows you close enough lke me, huh?" What is Hongki talking about?

"Yah, what are you talking about? I don't have any feelings whatsoever on her."

"Please Minho! Yo're the worst liar I ever met. But I can see why you want to hide her from me. She's really beautiful."

"So, what now? You want to make her yours?"

"No, I won't do that to my friend. You like her now don't you? What happened to the get-rid-of-her-from-my-house plan?"

"No, I don't like her" I replied, quite unsure with my answer. "And the plan well.." Should I lie? "...is pretty much still going on."

He snickered. "Yeah right. All I can see is she's enjoying the stay here more than ever. I think you're really falling for her."

"NO, I am not, Lee Hongki!"

"Deny as much as you want my friend but you failed my test."

"Huh?" I ask in curiosity. Test? What is he talking about?

"I may not be great in studying but one thing I know is when someone likes someone else. And I am positive that you like her."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

 

He opened his mouth to explain but before he can, Krystal came back from her short trip to the ladies room. She took her seat and we return to our original place, eating our meals as if nothing happened. Krystal and Hongki didn't talk so much after that. We finished our meals and paid the bill. After that, we say our good byes and return to work.

 

 

 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 

 

I spent my time that day replaying the conversation I had with Hongki again and again. Is it really possibleto fall in love with this invader? She has given me nothing but grief. Taking away my mother, attracting my co-workers attention and even fascinate my best friend. But still, I feel the urge to know her better. To protect her from certain harm. It's as if she is my own little sister.

 

Little sister...

 

That term echoed in the depth of my mind. Maybe that's it. Maybe that's the answer. I do like her but only as a sister. Maybe thats why all these feelings came to me when I saw her with Hongki. Maybe that's why I decided to help her out on her first day of work. Maybe that's why I feel jealous whenever mom pays more attention to her than me.

 

Yeah, she's my own personal sister. All the things I did came from my brotherly instinct I guess. I mean siblings always pick on each other, right? But we don't argue. It's only me picking a fight with her but most of the time she didn't even acknowledge it. I nstead at the end of it, we have a friendly conversation. So, could it really be a brother-sister relationship? UGH! I really don't know anymore. Maybe time will tell....

 

The bright room suddenly went dark. The electricity is out again. I sighed. There has been a lot of power shortages recently. I don't know why it's always happening. When I ask mom, she said not to worry so I didn't acknowledge it. I glanced at my watch to see that it is almost midnight. By now, everybody has gone home. Except me and Krystal.

 

We had our dinner a few hours ago. Samgyetang and rice served with lettuce kimchi as a side dish. After cleaning the dishes, mom told us to watch the library for a while more so that's what we're doing now. An hour ago, mom left us with some tuna sandwiches and a tall glass of milk to keep us from being hungry. But that was so long ago and my stomach is rumbling.

 

I guess it's time to lock the place up. First things first, find Krystal. I can't possibly leave her alone in this library. Mom will kill me. I searched through this place. She's not in the first or the second floor. Not even the third floor or the fourth floor. Where could she possibly be?

 

Then a gentle blow of wind hit my face. I know it's the wind because the air-conditioner has been turned off. But the weird thing is all the windows had been closed and locked so where could the wind have come from? I searched the highest floor, checking if there is any windows unlocked when I found a door, fully open.

 

The gentle breeze hit my face again. My body moved itself towards the opened door. I've never noticed this place before. A balcony with a set of chairs and table appeared as I approach the place. I know that there's a door at every floor but I've never thought about opening it let alone enter the place. So it's a balcony. I walk closer and closer until a figure of a girl appeared at the corner of my eyes.

 

Her waist-length black hair swished to the gentle movements of the wind. Her milky white skin seems glowing in the darkness of the night. The night breeze made me shiver but this girl didn't waver a bit as the cold wind keep slamming her body. She seems peaceful in her own entity. Beautiful..

 

"Minho?"

She turned around as she notices my existence. Her hands that was folded on the walls of the corridor has changed it's position to wave at me, asking me to join her. I make my way to her slowly and steadily as she waits for me with her beautiful smile.

"What are you doing here?"

I asked as I stand right next to her. She smiled at me and closed her eyes, enjoying the peaceful night breeze. Realizing this, I changed my question.

"Aren't you cold?"

She thought for a moment before answering. She is only wearing a pair of shorts and a hoodie topped off with a pair of slippers. That hoodie is mine so it's a bit baggy for her to wear but she doesn't seem to mind.

 

"A bit but I love it. It's.. peaceful."

"That's peculiar."

"Yeah, well I love it even more when it's raining."

"Well I don't." She seem surprised by my answer.

"Why?"

"i gues it's because rain reminds me of the day I first met you."

She is quiet after that. I shuddered as the bloody image of my first encounter with her crossed my mind. I really don't like rain. It's depressing and only gives me grief.

 

She moved to the small bench tucked neatly at the corner of the balcony. I followed suit and sat right next to her. We sat in silence, enjoying the quiet and peaceful atmosphere surrounding us. The birds have all gone home to their nests and all that can be heard now is the sound of trees rustling in the chill of the night. Yes, this place is undoubtedly the most peaceful place I've ever been. I wonder how she found this place when I have never seen it before. Maybe I should ask her.

 

I cocked my head to the side to questioned her. "Hey Krystal..'' I let my words trail as I see her head hung down, already fast asleep. I smiled to myself before laying her head at the crook of my neck. I cuddled her head with mine and enjoyed the calming atmosphere.

 

After a few minute of counting stars in the sky, I too fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

================

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

===============

 

 

 

Hey guys! Did you like the chapter?

The story still have a long way to go...

So please bear with me until the end of this story!!!

Thank you very much, guys!!!

Thank you for these subscribers and hope that you  guys will enjoy the story!

s3car91

minosujeong

kimchijjang

 

When I got back, I saw that I got 50 subs but then around yesterday I saw that I lost one....

NVM, I will only write this story for those who still want to read it...