Chapter 6 (Minho's POV)

The Librarian's Story

 

"I wonder what they were doing here."

"Dating at the looks of it."

"Do you think they kissed?"

"They're dating? I thought Minho hates Krystal."

"Nah, he went past that."

 

These whispers woke me up from my slumber. 5 figures block me from the blinding sunlight. Sunye, Donghae, Jonghyun, Luna and Key. They were standing in front of me perfectly aligned with arms folded across their chest. A sudden numbness hit my shoulders as I turn to see Krystal laying her head at the crook of my neck. Krystal? What happened? Where am I?

 

"What were you doing here?" Donghae-hyung asks.

"Huh?"

"Were you..... dating?" Luna giggled at the end of her question.

 

My brain is still processing all that is happening. Where am I? What am I doing here? Why is Krystal beside me? What happened last night? Krystal starts to wake up too. She lifts her head from my shoulder and yawned before stretching her limbs. Then confusion showed on her face as she stares at the 5 figures in front of her.

 

Everything starts coming back to me. Last night, I was locking all the doors and windows when I stumble upon Krystal, enjoying the peaceful night atmosphere. The last thing I remember is her falling asleep and I lay her head on my shoulder and then I slept too..... Oh My God!! We slept together!

 

"Huh, no use asking them anymore. Come on guys, let's leave this lovebirds alone. I'm sure they need some sorting out to do betwen them." Sunye said after they got no reply from us. A s they were about to leave, Key turned to our direction. "You better go down now. Your mom has been looking for you."

 

Mom! I totally forgot about her. She must've been worried sick since we haven't come home last night. I stood up and did a little stretching before exiting the balcony. Krystal followed me from behind. We said nothing to each other until we arrived at the dining room. Mom is already waiting for us with a smile on her face. The table is decorated with a lot of food.

 

Mom made an English-themed breakfast for us. There's Eggs Benedict, toast and omelettes. The scent of all of it was captivating. We took our seats right away. We fill food into our plates in complete silence. Mom is watching us like she expects us to say something but we haven't spoke a single word to each other since last night. I mean, what is there to say? The atmosphere was filled with awkward silence. That is, until mom decide to break it.

 

"So.... Where were you two last night?" The question almost got me choke on my food. I glanced at Krystal to see her reaction only to caught her eyes with mine. I gave her a signal that I'll answer.

"At the library. Working some late night shift." I answered. Krystal nodded to back me up.

"Oh, really?" She said, almost not believing. "I hope you two are not hoping for a raise." We broke into laughter. It was a joke between us. Mom would always say that when I work more shifts then I was supposed to. We continued eating our breakfast but now with a more relaxed feel.

"So, what are you two suppose to do today?" Mom asked again.

"I'm on stacking duty."

"I have to watch the counter."

"Well, you don't have to do that today."

"WHAT?!" We asked in unison. Her response shocked me. Mom wouldn't do this unless she has something else on her mind.

"Exchange it with someone else because today I want you two to do something for me." We looked at each other, trying to figure out what her words mean. "It's nothing too difficult. I just want you to do all this for me." She handed us a piece of paper. I scanned through it's contents. It's basically a list of chores. Go to the bakery and order a cake, the party shop for some streamers and party stuff, etc. After reading it, I give it to Krystal.

"You want us to do chores and skip work?"

"Why? You don't want to do it?"

"No no no! I'm just curious."

"Actually, i would do it myself but I have too many stuff to do here and Donghae's birthday is coming up so we need proper planning. Besides, all of this involves going outdoors and I'm too tired to do that now."

"Alright mom, we'll do it."

"Great! All of this is for Donghae's birthday party next week. Use my credit card for all the expenses. Remember, the theme is formal so bring Krystal to the boutique after that, okay?"

"It's ok, eomonim." Krystal spoke after being quiet for a long time. "You don't have to buy me a new dress. I can just wear a skirt and a long-sleeved shirt for the party."

"Nonsense! You MUST wear a dress. That's not proper dressing. I would end you mine but I only have one and I'm wearing it that night. It's not gonna be a bother, right Minho?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll take her." And I really meant it.

"So, off you go! If you don't hurry then the shops will be too crowded.

 

 

~o~o~o~o~o~o~

 

 

 

I'm walking down the streets of my neighborhood with Krystal beside me. The black asphalt covering the road is wet with the rain that just stopped a few minutes ago. It maybe summer but the sky seem to be always sad as it rains often in this province. The after rain breeze hit me hard on my face making me shiver.

 

Krystal is walking quietly beside me. The cold doesn't bother her even the slightest bit. She's fiddling with the hem of her coat and keep her head low at all times. I ignored her and check the list given by my mother again. First stop, the bakery. All of this stuff is for Donghae-hyung's 23rd birthday party next week. He's graduating this year and after that he has to quit. He got an offer as a choreographer for one of the famous entertainment company. This is more like a farewell party for him.

 

We arrived at the bakery shop. It is owned by one of mom's close friend. Recently, she retired and handed the shop down to her first born son, Jinki. He is married to a Chinese woman named Victoria. I can see that he is happy with his life as there'll always be a glint of happiness shown in his face every time I meet him. I push open the door and the sound of the shop's bell made it's way to my ear. Krystal followed me from behind. She's still not familiar with the surrounding, I guess.

 

"Hey Minho!" Jinki greeted me from behind the counter.

"Hey!" I replied with a smile.

"It's been a long time since you last came. How's your mother?"

"She's fine. Busier than ever. The library business is booming, you know. How's the wife?"

"Fantastic! We just found out that she's pregnant yesterday. Three months!" There. The sheer happiness shown by him made me feel happy for him. 

"That's great, hyung! Let's hope your baby will come out healthy and happy."

He chuckled. Then he noticed Krystal behind me. "Hello, who's this?"

"This..." I brought her closer to Jinki. "..is Krystal." She bowed as a sign of respect and so did he.

"Finally found another one after Yoona, eh?"

"Wha..? No! You must've been mistaken. She's not my girlfriend."

He chuckled again. "Sure, Minho. So, what can I get you?"

"Mom wants to order a cake for Donghae-hyung's birthday party next week."

"Ah, Donghae. He's graduating this year, right?"

"Yeah, this is like a farewell party. Are you coming?" Jinki knew Donghae from middle school.

"Maybe, maybe not. How many people are coming?"

"Roughly ten to fifteen."

"Got it. How do you want to style your cake?"

"Surprise me."

 

 

~O~O~O~O~~O~O~O~

 

 

 

"What about the food?" Krystal asked as we exit Jinki-hyung's bakery.

"Huh?"

"What about the food?" She repeated her question.

"Oh, don't worry about that. Jinki-hyung's shop got it covered."

"I thought they were just a bakery."

"Nah, since he took over, they offer catering service too. His wife is an amazing cook."

"Oh." She nodded knowingly.

 

There was a brief silence as we head over to the our next stop, the party shop. We have to buy streamers, banners and party hats. The must have item for every party. There's also the amount of paper cups and plastic cutleries to consider. I wonder how much all of this will costs...

 

"So, who's Yoona?" Her sudden question brought me back to reality.

"Yoona?"

"You know, the one that man mentioned earlier. Who is she? Your ex-girlfriend?" 

I chortled at her curiosity. "I wish."

"Ah, I see. An unrequited love, huh? So, how long have you like this girl?" Wow, she caught on fast.

"A little over 10 years. I've known her since we were in diapers."

"So, where is she now?"

"America. She had to follow her family because of their business."

"You must missed her so much."

"Yeah."

 

The rest of the trip to the party shop was filled with silence. I silently reminisce the good times I had with Yoona. Our close intimacy. Our open relationship. I miss everything about her...

 

 

~O~~O~O~O~O~OO~OO~OO~~

 

 

We finished everything on mom's list easily. There's only one last shop we have to visit before going home. Ji Eun's Boutique. Key used to work here before deciding to work for us. Yoona always wanted to work here too. Yoona.... My mind brought me back to a distant memory...

 

"Minho, do you know?"

"What?" We stopped in front of a shop. She stared at the building in awe. We just got back from the candy shop.

"When I am old enough, I'm going to work here." I read the sign. Ji Eun's Boutique. Hmmm....

"A boutique? Why?"

"Well, I love fashion. Don't you know?" She smiled sweetly at me before running off.

"Yah! Wait up." I shouted from behind as I try to catch up with her.

"Last one home is a rotten egg!"

 

 

"Minho!" Krystal called me back to the present. I didn't realize we're already in the boutique. She didn't waste much time since she has already pick a dress. She's wearing a baby blue mini dress.

"So, what do you think?" she asked.

"Beautiful."

"Should I take it?"

"Yeah, take it."

"Well, the price is okay too."

 

Krystal changed to her original attire and went off to search for the shop assistant available at the time. The image of her in the dress is stuck in my head. Beautiful. There's no other words to describe this goddess. My reverie of Krystal was abruptly halted when I see my cell phone blowing up. There's someone calling me. I look at the caller ID. Hongki.

 

"Hey Hongki!"

"Dude, you're never going to believe this."

"What?" I asked, a bit uninterested.

"It's about Yoona." That caught my attention. 

"What about her?"

"She's coming back to Korea tomorrow."

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

===========

____________

Yes, another long chapter....

Here's the pic of Krystal's dress...I photoshopped it with the help of my sis..THANKS SIS!!!

 

Say hello to my new subscribers!!!

 

why89loveshinee

taeng_sicc

trangd

GorjessKrystal

sicappuccino

asiansunite96

 

 

I also want to say that this would be the last update because i'm going on a hiatus for a few weeks..

It's because my exam is coming and it's fasting month so I don't have much time to write....

I'm still available on AFF so if ever you want to contact me whether through this story or hit me up on my wall, do it cuz I'm still here!

It's just that I won't update my stories and I have a lot of unfinished stories here....

Maybe through this break, I can finish writing this story and also a few other one shots not to mention my biggest project ever that I stilll don't know what to do about it....

Well, see you guys in September cuz then I'll have a long break from school!!!

 

hERE'S A CUTE GIF I found while browsing through the internet..

Hehehehehe...iSN'T IT CUTE?!!!