Chapter 1 (Minho's POV)

The Librarian's Story

This chapter will be in Minho's POV until I don't know when. It's his story after all so he should tell it but there would be Krystal POV sometime later in the story.. I don't have it all planned yet....

Here's chapter 1!!! Enjoy!!

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

I flipped through the channels on the tv. It's raining cats and dogs outside so the cabel is out. There was just countless number of statics appearing on the small box. I don't know why I'm even doing this. It has been so boring around here ever since school ended.

 

My name is Choi Minho and I'm 19. I just graduated a few weeks ago and now works with my beloved mother as a librarian. Yup, my mother works as a librarian. You don't hear any kid went around bragging about their mother being a librarian but I was that kid. I love the job as it only requires you to stamp stuff and make people pay fines for overdue books and mostly just doing nothing.

 

My mother owns a library that is situated right above our apartment. It's only 4 story high but it's filled with every genres you can find.  From comics to literature. Fictions to facts. Textbooks to plain-old novels. You name it. The library has it all. As for the customers who come, well their not much but there will always be some.

 

To tell you the truth, I was kind of forced by my mother to do it. Her trustful worker, Seohyun, had to quit because she is furthering her studies to Japan so I had to fill in for her until my mother can find another bookworm to replace me. I didn't mind because I'll get more money during this long break and it basically involves doing nothing.

 

Speaking about my mom, she's a wonderful and caring person just like any other moms out there. She's a strong-willed person and works hard since my father's death when I was 5. She took his role and she's done a wonderful job ever since. She's both my parents and handled me very well during my wild teenage years. I'm still a teenager now...a very old teen but nevertheless a teen. My mom seems to disagre with this since she always refer me as a young adult.

 

She's always going on and on about how much I've grown up and it'll only be a matter of time that I'll get a job and settle down with the girl of my dreams and start a family of my own. Whenever she says this, I'll laugh it off and say '' You're my one and only family, eomma and I won't leave you for some girl," which is true because I'll never want these things because I'll stay by my mother's side forever.

 

I can't remember anything about my father. He died when I was just 5. My mother always tell stories of him so I would know about my own father. Truthfully, the only moment I can remember about him is when he piggybacked me and play with me all day. From what mom told me, he's a very warm and caring person. I am always told that I am the spitting image of my father. His personality, his looks even his skills in sports. He was once his school's MVP in the basketball team. And that's all I know about him.

 

Our fridge is completely empty in capacity so mom went out to buy some groceries. I told her to wait for the rain to stop but she insisted. She said she has an umbrella with her and she is wearing a raincoat. I know my mom and once she made up her mind, there's no turning back. Whatever she says goes. With a heavy heart, I let her and now I'm praying for her safety.

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

 

The sudden knock on the door interrupted my train of thoughts. It must be mum, ome from her grocery shopping. I ran to the door, not wanting my own mother to stay out in the cold any longer. Sure enough, when I open the door, there she is with a lot of plastics in her hand but her face looks like she rushed to get home. She puts down the plastics and took my hand and dashed out of the house dragging me into the harshness of the mid-summer's raind. Luckily, I managed to snatch an umbrella so I wasn't thoroughly soaked.

 

She brought me to the bus stop in front of our house. I'm still confused over why my mother did this. Then, I saw the reason. There's a girl laying on the cold pavement of the bus stop. Her head is oozing with blood and she's unconscious. The blood covered half of her face. Her knee has a big gaping hole of a wound that has been left unattended. Her arms and legs are full with scratches that covered her milky white skin.

 

"Minho-yah, pick her up and bring her back to our house." 

 

I nodded and follow my mother's orders. Fortunately, the girl wasn't too heavy so I carried her with a bit of ease. My mother sheltered us from the rain that's only getting heavier by the minute. I rushed home as fast as I can to get al three of us from the rain. I put hte girl on my bed as my room is the closest. My mother told me to make some kimchi soup while she took a wet cloth and dabbed it gently on her face, wiping away the blood. I went out of the room and left my mother to attend to her injuries.

 

I stored the groceries she bought earlier into the many cabinets of our kitchen. Then, I took out all the stuff needed to make the soup. I'm not the best at cooking but I know how to make this though I only made it twice. As my hands chop the vegetables carefully, I can't help my mind wonder off to the girl I just saved.

 

Who is she? Why was she covered in blood? And the scratches, not to mention the big, gaping hole on her knee. Perhaps she was involved in a gangster's fight. Maybe she's one of the top black sheep in the alley and was evicted to murder by her own gang for a mistake she did. Huh, stop thinking weird things, Minho! I've clearly been watching too much dramas with my mother. How can that girl with a sweet face like that be a gangster? Well, looks can be deceiving...

 

I shuddered the thought out of my head and put the remaining ingredients into the pot. All there's left to do is to let it simmer and it's done. The rain is now just a soft shower. It'll stop at any minute now. That was one of the harshest rain we've had all summer. After a few minutes, I close the stove and taste the soup. It's a bit bland. Needs more salt....

"AAHHH!!" I hear someone screaming in pain. Guess that girl woke up already.

 

I put in a pinch of salt before rushing to see what is going on. Yup, that girl has woken up and she has rerally big eyes. My mother is rubbing some iodine on her wounds and scratches. The girl gritted her teeth enduring the pain, sometimes letting out moans of pain. It must hurt a lot. Just llok at the wound! I can fit my whole fist in there. My mom takes out a roll of gauze and wrap it around her  knee and her head. The girl relaxed a little as mom finish off the bandage.

 

"Minho-yah, go take some of your old shirts for this girl."

"What? Are you giving it to this girl?"

"Well, you don't expect her to wear an old lady's clothes do you?"

"She's a girl! Why would she wear boy's shirts?"

"Just go and fetch it, Minho."

 

I sighed in anger but I followed her orders nevertheless. I tok my old jersey and shorts and gave it to my mother. I walk out of the room so my mom can help her change. When the door unlocked, I step in to find the girl wide awake with bandages wrapping her head and her knee. My mother was asking questions to this girl.

 

"What's your name, child?"

"Um..Uh..Krys..Krystal," she answered with uncertainty.

"You don't seem sure. How old are you?" I asked impatiently which got me a smack on the head.

"Minho, she's hurt. Be more considerate. How old are you, child?"

"I-i can't remember. 18.... 17..... AAHH! My head hurts."

"What? Don't you have an ID?" It's ridiculous! How can someone walk around without an ID?

"AAHH!! It hurts!" She clutch her head with both of her hands. My mom urges me out of the room leaving the crazy amnesia girl alone.

 

"I think it's best that we leave her alone for now. Let her stay in your room until she's better."

"What?! Where would I sleep?"

"Sleep on the couch or anywhere for that matter. But don't go in that room until she is in a clear state of mind. Are we clear?"

"Yes, mother."

"Good."

 

From then on, I made a decision to hate this mystery girl forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

=====================================

 

 

Sorry for the late update guys!! I'm a late typer and I've school. I'll update with a chapter a week from now on as my previous fic is done...well on paper at least.......

Thanks to all these guys who waited for a long time for this story....Hope it's what you expected.....

 

SicaNsa

luvminstal

appleorange

febrielia

Kibora

taem-thenanana

HoneyCates

Kekeke123

Juliey

YoonWon

teddy310

flamingice

xelectricskies

raspberricca

 

THANX FOR SUBSCRIBING!!! LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AFTER READING, KAY!!