Chapter 10 (Minho's POV)

The Librarian's Story

Sorry for the late update!!

I've been busy and lazy... ^^

My official color!! Like it?

========

 

 

 

"Everything?"

"Everything." She nodded. I approach the bed and sat beside her.

"What's your name?"

"Jung Soojung."

"Age?"

"17."

"Home?"

"Kangnam."

I exhaled as my mind took in all of this. Yoona was right. She is the missing girl.

"Minho? You're here?" Mom called from a distance. "Krystal! You're awake! I'll call the doctor right away." 

In just a few minutes, the doctor came. He did a few checkups on her before he finally spoke.

"She's in a good condition. No concussion or anything. She is good to go by tomorrow." He was about to leave when I asked him.

"Doctor, what made her faint?" I can't help it. I was curious. The doctor stopped his tracks and checks her chart.

"She must have been feeling depressed lately. There's also a record showing she keeps having fainting spells. Has she been behaving strange at home?"

"Now that you mention it, she has been a lot quieter and she rarely smiles now." Mom answered his question while looking worriedly at Krystal. 

I didn't know this. Of course I don't. When is the last time I've spent any time with her? Mom was right. Maybe I have spent too much time with Yoona. But then again, it could be that she's missing her family. I mean being away from your family and not knowing a thing about yourself for a whole month must have been frustrating.

Mom thanked the doctor and he finally left.

"You hear that, Krystal? You can go home tomorrow!" Mom exclaimed and hug her. She smiled politely but her eyes were tight. It's like she felt hurt or something. It dawned on me, what I should do, as mom and I were exiting the hospital room.

It is time to bring her back to where she belongs.

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

 

"Aigoo, uri Krystal neomu kiyowo!" Jonghyun exclaimed as he pinches her cheek.

"Oppa, I'm not a baby!" Krystal pushes his hand and rubbed her sore cheeks. Luna is only smiling at the sight of them. There wasn't a slight of jealousy seen in her. Unlike Luna, I can't help feeling a twinge of jealousy. Since when is Jonghyun close with Krystal? I thought Key was the only male she is close to. I shrug the matter out of my hands.

"Now, you must not mope around after this. Smile more like me, got it?!" Luna gave one of her brightest smile to Krystal. "Got it, unnie!"

The three of them are closer than I've seen them before. I guess they must have got together over the period of my absence.

"Right, it's time to get going, Krystal." I spoke, unable to bear their sudden closeness. Well, at least it is sudden to me.

"Actually, Minho, I want to go home with Jonghyun oppa and Luna unnie." What? When did this happen?

"But mom told me to take you home. I'll be dead if you're not coming with me."

This is ridiculous! Krystal is enquiring Jonghyun to drive her home? Doesn't she know he is one of the most reckless driver in the neighborhood? She'll be lucky to come back home alive. I mean, the odds of her ending up in a hospital and losing her memory again is very high.

"But I want to go with them!" She raise her voice a bit. There's already the tension going on between us.

"Minho's right, Krystal. You'd better go hoe with him. If you go with him then you're probably end up sitting in this place again." Luna convinced her. She gave a slight chuckle as Jonghyun glared at her. "I'm sorry hon. But it's the truth. You know I still love you."

Jonghyun's face returns to normal after Luna said those words. He can never stay mad for long. 

"If you really want to go with us, maybe we can just carpool with Minho. I have too many speeding tickets to drive anyway. I couldn't risk having more."

Thank God somebody understands the situation. "Fine." Krystal muttered underneath her breath, feeling a bit defeated.

 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

After a bit of a struggle, we finally manage to get Krystal into the car. She's sitting in the back because it's either that or she's going home in a taxi. I never knew she could be this stubborn. Is she really like this or is she just mad at me because of something I don't even know I did? I am ready to explode at any second if it wasn't because of Jonghyun and Luna's presence holding me back. They're surprisingly calm about this. And Krystal just do everything they say. This is getting a bit irritating for me. If she's got a problem with me why can't she just say it?

 

"Oppa!" Krystal called, so endearingly that I almost turned to see what she wants when I remember she never calls me oppa except for last night. That was once and it may never happen again. Jonghyun, who was sitting beside me, turned to see her enquiries. 

"Yes, aegi?" I almost vomit at the sound of that. I expected Luna to say something like 'Yah, I'm your aegi!' but she didn't. She just chuckled while Krystal scowled. 

"Oppa, how many times do I have to tell you I'm 17. 18 if you count Korean age. I'm not a baby."

He chuckled at her remark. "Anyway oppa, I've only realized this now but you look like someone I know. Did you, perhaps, dated my sister before?"

"You have a sister?" Jonghyun clearly seemed surprised at her question. I don't blame him. I'm surprised myself. She has a sister? Why didn't she tell me? Come to think of it, she didn't really tell me her story last night. She only answered my questions when I asked her, never went to elaborate details on her past.

"I think so, yeah. Her name is Jessica, I think. I could've sworn I saw you around my house before..." She trailed off as she probably reminisces about her sister. Jonghyun gave it a thought before he answered.

"Maybe I did. I'm not sure I've once dated someone named Sooyeon. But people call her Jessica. Come to think of it, you do look familiar."

I guess Luna must be furious back there when Jonghyun said, "Come on Luna, there's no reason to be jealous. It's all in the past and I only have you now, ok?" She must have calmed down at his words. Luna never likes it when Jonghyun talks about his past girlfriends.

 

The next few minutes was silent except for a few occasional chatters between Krystal and Luna. Jonghyun bobbed his head to the silent music playing in his head. I keep my head focused on the road in front of me. I would wan to cause any accident. If anything happened then I'll be deemed as a reckless driver like Jonghyun.

 

It was only 5 minutes later and I pulled the car into a complete stop into the apartment's driveway. Everybody got out of the car as soon as I kill off the engine. Luna helped Krystal out as she's still a bit dizzy after the seemingly long drive. Jonghyun helped me get Krystal's luggage out of the car. There wasn't much really. Just one bag and another that is full of books that I doubt she even have time to read since she was only there for one night. The sound of the front door creaked open made me turn to it's direction. Mom and Yoona came out from the house and walk toward us.

 

Mom's cheerfulness to see her beloved Krystal again wasn't that surprising. However Yoona's presence was the thing that  surprised me. She didn't say anything about coming here again since last night's episode. And how did she get here? Did she hail a taxi to to come here? Why didn't she call me if she wants to go to my house instead of wasting money on a taxi? I could have taken her on my way back from the hospital. In just a short second, everybody came and surround Krystal to celebrate her well-being. As I was contemplating whether to join or not, a familiar hand took mine and pulled me to the side, away from the crowd of people gathering around Krystal.

 

"Minho..." Yoona called after we got away a bit farther from the crowd. She bit her lip before continuing. "Is she ok?" She spoke in a worried tone.

"She's fine. But she told me remembered everything."

"Really? Is she it? Is she the missing girl?" I let out a heavy sigh before answering.

"Yes. She fits perfectly to the details in the poster."

"So..." She trailed off as if arranging her words. "...what are you going to do?" I sighed again. I knew that was what she would ask.

"I think... I think it's finally time for her to go back."

 

 

 

=============

 

 

 

Too short?

Well, wait for the next update!!

I promise you the next one will be longer..

 

Thanks for the 83 subbies!!!

 

Andrea_Arocha

Ye_angel

minzlove

sveta89

aozora_denie

byebye12

iheartshinyeffects

KhunKrystal

PhantomThief

Saraisha

zigzaglines

 

 

Also check out my new one-shot starring TaeLli!!

Hidden Sorrows