Chapter 11 (Krystal's POV)

The Librarian's Story

I know the last chapter was kinda boring but I had to write that one...

Sorry if I bored you to death with that one and this would probably be a boring update too..

MIAN!!!

And Yoona really is nice... so please don't hate her!!!

I've made a mistake while trying to type out this chapter...

I forgot to check the Hide Chapter before I press update, thus the confusion happen..SO

MIAN!!! (again..)

 

~O~O~O~~O~O~O~O~O~~O~

 

 

 

 

 

It had only been a day from the last time I've been in this car. The last time was after my short trip to the hospital. Now I'm back here heading towards my real home. After the fall, my memories suddenly came back. I may not remember every single thing yet but I do remember the important parts of my life. I remember my real name, age, and my family. But how I got to Choi's household is still a mystery to me. I remember having dinner with a family's friend the night I disappeared but I vaguely remember how it happened.

That's a part of my reason to come back home. Another was because of him. The one who is currently driving this vehicle. Choi Minho. He's the one who made my mind in a state of chaos these few days. I was used to his presence, glad even to have a good-looking guy who actually cared about me.  But then he stopped giving all his attention to me and diverted it to this girl who chose to walk in when we're just getting along better.

I don't hold any grudges towards Yoona. In fact, I think she's a sweet and nice girl. Always so kind and caring to those people around her. But I blame the air-headed doofus called Minho. He was the one at fault for not dividing his time for the both of us. The first few days when Yoona returned, I'm still fine. I always convinced myself that it will be just a matter of time that he'll start talking to me again. So, whenever he was late coming home, I'd wait for him. And when he did , I'll always appear with a bright smiling face in hopes that he'll notice me or something.

But he didn't. He only smiled back with a tired face and went straight to his room. Then I started to get more and more frustrated as I barely see him, only at work. Even then, he would do his assigned job and quickly get out of there. Not even bothering to make any small chats with us. Nobody even had a chance to talk to him. He spends every time he has with Yoona. After that, I started to cry more. Luna and Jonghyun were the one always comforting me. Key and Amber sometimes, but they're busy spending time with each other as their relationship just recently kicked off to something more. Key has finally found courage to ask her out and she agreed happily. I'm happy for them. Really I do. But the news is not enough to surpass my problems.

So then, I started having fainting spells. Quite a lot actually. The first few times, I was brought to the clinic and the doctor had said something about depression which I was at the time, vaguely hearing. Then it got quite common and people would just pull me to the side and fan me or occasionally spraying water on my face in cases I was out longer than usual. None of it was fatal until the night of Donghae's party that I suffered the worst headache of all.

I was in a sullen mood and I don't feel like partying at the time. I sat at the corner, away from others so none of them can bother me. I plan to stay quiet and avoid company for the rest of the night. Maybe wish Donghae-oppa a happy birthday but that's it. It didn't help when Minho chose, of all times, to approach me suddenly that night. He was just starting a conversation but I was too irritated to give a polite reply that I almost blew out on him. Thankfully, Sunye interrupted me. 

When I stood up to leave him, I suddenly felt dizzy. But I couldn't show it in front of him so I gathered all the strength I had and walked wobbly to the stairs. I figured I could take a second to let the pain go away but I was wrong. It became worse when I approached the stairs. Right at the first step, I out. I vaguely remember a thing and I keep hearing muffled voices. Key's voice, full of shock, and eomonim's voice, ful of concern, couldn't be missed. At the time, i thought it was finally over for me.

But then I wake up in a hospital bed. My hand was still throbbing but I was conscious enough to realize something. I and remember everything. Everything about my life before though the details of a few recent memories were still uncovered. I felt like telling someone about this sudden discovery. When Minho walked in, I forgot about my dispute and the cold war I secretly declared on him though he was too busy too notice this too. I told him I remembered everything and he starts questioning my name, age and where I live. But he wasn't surprised of all this. In fact, he looks quite disappointed and sad, like he doesn't wish it was true. It even occurred to me that he could be the one behind my disappearance. But it couldn't be true because he was the one who resented me the most when I first came into his life.

I stopped my train of reverie and came back to the present. There's no point to dwell over the past, right? I glanced at the view outside the moving car. To my surprise, the street seemed quite familiar. I happily recall the time I had a walk with my sister after we quarreled about something silly. The walk together was something my parents would made us do whenever we got into a fight with each other and the method has never failed. After the long silent walk, everything seems alright again between us two but that is just a memory now. My sister has gone off to L.A. for studying purposes.

As the car moved further, the view outside became more and more familiar. I realized that my time in the car is almost up. I'm almost home. It was just a few more minutes and the car has arrived to its destination. It stopped in front if a grand wrought-iron gate and waited for it to give entrance to the grandeur house behind it. As the car stopped after its long drive, I feel a lump in my throat. I feel like crying but I stopped myself. I don't know the reason of the sudden lump, whether it was because I'm happy to be back home after spending time away for so long or the fact I'm leaving the new-found life with the Chois. Probably both.

Minho got out of the car and rang the doorbell while I bring my luggage out of the trunk. A maid got out and asked his purpose here. He pointed towards me and I waved at the maid with a thin smile on my face. Her eyes widened with realization as formed a smile. She told him to wait while she calls her employer. In other words, my parents. My heart thump faster as time goes by. I wasn't ready to face them. What if 'm not who they think I am? What if-

The door opened and the maid ushered us in. There, in front of me stood two figures with a broad smile across their faces. I let out a single tear as I ran to them. I gave my father a hug first and he muttered welcoming words as he pat my back. I then gave my mother a hug and she responds by hugging me tighter and cried. I can't help it any longer and cried with her. I didn't realize how much I missed my parents up until now. I had thought they didn't care about me. It is obvious now that I was wrong and I'm glad I was.

 

My father approached Minho who was standing silently, watching our reunion. He didn’t say anything from the moment we left the house until we got here. My mother and I have stopped crying and I am now standing with my mother’s hand across my shoulders. My father offered him to wait while he goes to fetch the reward they promised but Minho said it was alright. There was no need for any of that. He explained that having me was a pleasure and he certainly didn’t do it because of the money.

But my father, being the man of his own rules, insisted. He took out a big wad of money from his pocket and roughly took Minho’s hand and put the money in his palm. He was a bit shocked and tried to give it back. My father refused to take it and said with a stern tone that if he didn’t accept it, he can never leave this house. And then, Minho thanked him and walked out of the mansion with something I deciphered to be either disappointment or something else I’m not quite sure of. Sadness, maybe? But why? He had just received a huge amount of money that could buy him a sports car! It’s even in cash! Now, he can spend more time with his precious Yoona and no longer need to think about me.

                                                                                   

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 

 
 
 
 
I followed my mother up to my room. Two butlers behind me helped bring the luggage upstairs. I told them I could deal with the bags and that they’re not heavy at all yet they still insisted. Even mom said to let them be, saying something like it’s their job. So with a bit of resistance, I let them do it.

I knew my house is big but it seems I’ve forgotten how big this house really is. The kitchen was big and I can remember a bit of how I would help my mother preparing meals for the entire household. The living room consists of two love seats and a massive sofa which can seat up to ten people of my size. My mother wrapped up the tour and lead me up to my room. As soon as I step into the room, I was completely awe-strucked. I hadn’t realise how big my room was until now. I hadn’t even realise how big my wardrobe and my selection of clothes are. Nor had I realised how big my bed was.

“So...” My mom said and I turned to her. “What would you want for dinner, Krystal?” so people still call me that at home.

“Um.. anything will do! Do you want me to help?”

“No, no. You stay here and rest. Things must have been pretty rough for you these few weeks. Rest, dear. I’ll call you when dinner’s ready.” she smiled and closed the door. I quickly jump into my bed and giggled as I felt the familiar warmth and comfortness of the bed. After a while, I stopped and wind my train of thoughts yet again.

I started thinking about my life here. It on good, I must have had it and all my friends here. Do they miss me? I can’t remember that part quite clearly. I can’t remember who was I closest to at school. I must have been quite a loner. I can only remember one boy and his name, if I’m not mistaken, it’s Taemin. It’s coming to me, bit by bit so I can’t really remember much about him except that he’s my best friend and I used to have a crush on him.

I quickly dismissed any thoughts about my life here. I’ll figure that out later before I have a headache. Instead,  thought about Minho. I haven’t got the chance to sort out my feelings for him. I still don’t know my reason for crying almost every night though I know it was because of him. What I meant was, the specific reason. Why was I so devastated that he stopped spending time with me? I was perfectly fine before he even payed any attention towards me. So why was I bothered when he wasn’t?

I have got to admit, the first time he talked to me, my heart fluttered and butterflies suddenly flied around in my stomach freely. Though I knew he wanted to get rid of me in the first place, I still tried my best to be friends with him. Whenever I see him, I would greet him cheerfully so he won’t think of me as a fake girl who’s trying to keep up a facade so everyone likes her. I guess it must’ve worked out because after a while, he started warming up to me. I don’t know why I did that, if anyone asked me about this at the time, I would have said I don’t know. But now, I think I know. I think I love him.

I guess that’s why my heart broke when he stopped spending time with me. As if that wasn’t enough, the night after I got back from the hospital, he offered to send me home. It was kind of obvious wasn’t it? He really wanted me to get out of his home. He must be very happy now that he has everything now back to normal. I agreed to go back because of this. Because I don’t want to be a burden to his family. Because I don’t want to be a part of a love triangle with Minho and Yoona. Because frankly, I couldn’t take it anymore.

I’m kind of glad, actually, to be where I am now. Far away from having to deal with the problems. My mind drifted off to the night at Donghae’s party. I cringed as I remembered how close I was to confess to him without even knowing my feelings for him at the time. It was a good thing that he is slow in picking things up. For some reason, I’m glad I chose to not tell his mother about my departure. I only left a note of thanks and explained a bit about my true background. I really appreciated all the things she had done for me over the past months. The clothes, the food and even the nice room so I couldn’t leave her if I saw her face for the last time. She was like a second mother to me.

The sudden knock on the door brought me back to reality and out of my thoughts. It must be mom, calling me to dinner. I answered her and told her I’ll be right down. I changed out of my current outfit into something I randomly picked out of the closet. It didn’t take me long since it’s just dinner, so there wasn’t much to be fussed about. After being completely dressed. I descend down the staircase.

“Krystal!” My mom called. “Look who decided to join us for dinner!” she exclaimed cheerfully. “Do you remember him?”

I stopped on my track and looked at the boy in front of me. His good looks and his face seems familiar from somewhere. For awhile, I looked at him with confusion, trying to remember this boy. He then held out his hand, smirked, and introduced himself. He said his name is Taemin. And as the sound of the name reached my ears, I remembered the vital piece in completing the puzzle of my past.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~O~O~O~O~O~~O~~O~O~O~O~O~O~

 

 

Did you like it??

It's boring right? 

This chapter focus more on Krystal's side of the story while Minho's gone. And you can even see how Krystal felt about this.

And Yoona IS NOT the bad guy in this fic.. There's none in this one cuz I don't like bad characters...

Krystal's past will be continued in the next chapter and it would be another long one!!

WAIT FOR IT!!!

 

Meanwhile, New SUBSCRIBERS!!

 

MarshmallowCandy

TaeLi05

sooojung

WritingIsLife

 

Sorry for the confusion earlier!!!

 

Guys!!! I created an FB page for this story...

If you have a FaceBook account go like it!!!

 

The Librarian's Story