Chapter 9 ~ Krystal's Story (Krystal's POV)

The Librarian's Story

So.. Krystal's past is finally revealed!!

Read it and coment below!

And please don't comment something like 'update soon!'

It's just that it's getting a bit tiring..

Have you seen the trailer? If you don't go now!

 

ENJOY!!!

P/s: This chapter is in Krystal's POV

 

 

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

 

 

 

 

"Come on Krys, you need to pick up your speed," he stopped in his track and waited for me to catch up.

 

"Easy for you to say. You're scrawny so you run faster."

 

"Excuses, Krys, are not accepted." He smirked and continued to run full speed ahead. I yelled at his direction and tried my best to catch up with him.

 

His name is Lee Taemin and he's my childhood friend. He is only a year older than me. Our families have been friends ever since the beginning of time. He is also my best friend and my crush. I liked him since I was 13 and he was 14. But I know his heart doesn't belong to me. He already has a girlfriend whom he cares and loves. He thinks the world of her.

 

His girlfriend is Sulli. She's my age and she's a nice girl. She's not up to par to our status but Taemin doesn't care. He loves her even if the situation was the opposite. Yes, my heart did break to pieces when I first found out about the news. i cried and cried and I even tried to kill myself. I figured, what was the point of living if he didn't even notice my love for him? But then, I got realistic. There's no point crying over spilt milk. There's so much to live for, right?

 

"Okay, I guess that's it for today. Go home and shower today, Krystal. You smell worse than those guys at the fish market!" He waved his hands in front of his nose to prove his point.

 

"Yeah, right. Like you smell any better," I sneered at him playfully. He chuckled at my remark.

 

"See you tonight, Krys."

 

"Tonight? What's with tonight?"

 

"Did you forget? Our Jung Soojung is already old that she can't even remember the simplest thing in the whole wide world!" He said excitedly while patting my head. I backed away from his patronising hand. Nobody calls me old!

 

"I'm only 17, oppa! And the last time I checked, you're older than me so if I'm old, you're older." He chuckled again. He always thinks of me as a little sister and a sister only. Never more than that.

 

"Don't be angry, Krys. You know I was just kidding! There's a meeting between our families tonight and they wanted us both to be there, remember?"

 

"Oh right! That thing. I almost forgot. It must be something about us being the heir and need to work on our studies."

 

"Correction. You need to work on your studies. I'm doing just fine!"  I rolled my eyes at his remark. He chuckled for the third time. 

 

"Right Krys, I got to get going. I'm meeting with Sulli for lunch. Bye!" He waved and took off to his house. 

 

I decided to stay for awhile for some fresh air. It's only 8 in the morning. Taemin dragged me to go jogging ever since 6 o'clock. The sun hasn't even rise yet. But I am used to it. I have been his jogging partner since he raised an obsession for sports. Not only jogging but he even made me join other stuff like tennis, bowling swimming, whatever it is, you name it! He loves all of them. And I can never reject his offer as I felt that it was the only time that I'll ever get to spend good quality time with him. It's mostly when we have fun together! 

 

His free time is filled with dancing, sports and of course, Sulli. Dancing is another thing of his. He's very good at this skill. Yet, he seldom show me his dancing. I guess he's just not that confident enough to show me though I've heard from his friends that he always show it to Sulli. That's how they met anyway. UGH! I need to stop thinking about him. Move on, Krystal! There's a lot of other fish in the sea. After all the stench that came out of my body, I decided to go home. 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

It was evening when my mom woke me up from my nap. She told me to get up and get ready to help her in the kitchen. I sit up and did a little stretching before I finally get out from bed. While rubbing my eyes, I descend lazily down the stairs. There wasn't much to be done in the kitchen since the maids have taken care of the rice and the side dishes. Mom always cook the main course, of course. She said she couldn't stand her own family eat something not made from her own hands.  I took over kitchen duty after Jessica, my older sister, went to study abroad. She used to make the best caramel pudding but now I took over the task of making desserts. 

 

After 30 minutes of sweating in the kitchen, mom ordered me to go upstairs and take a shower as the guests will arrive in about an hour. I nodded obediently and dashed upstairs. Truthfully, I myself can't stand my own stinky smell right now so I'm definitely glad to be excused for a nice, clean shower. At my room, I quickly grab my towel and dashed to the bathroom. I was glad to feel the cold water running on my skin. I really felt like staying in there forever. 

 

15 minutes later, I got out of the shower to find a green mini dress that was already layed on top of my bed. It is very pretty and not too flashy but unfortunately, I hate the colour. Green is Taemin's favourtie colour. My mom had always assumed that I like it too but I actually love blue the best out of all colours as it symbolizes peace and serenity and at times, I truly need that. 

 

I remember the first time I came to Korea. I used to live in the good old United States of America and I loved it there. I was seven when my parents decided to move to Korea. My sister who was already twelve and just starting to enter the teenage phase threw a great tantrum everyday just like when she was five. I was mad too but not as furious as my sister. She just had her first boyfriend and then mom said we need to live in Korea. If I'm not wrong, she was popular there too. It's quite a big loss when you think of it carefully. 

 

I cried every day and night when we finally moved here. My sister used the silent treatment on my parents. They were deadlock on how to cure our situation. Then one day, my mom advises me to explore the neighborhood and I did yet I still cried when I stepped out of the house. I don't know why I kept crying. Maybe it's because I wasn't use to the new surrounding and my Korean just isn't that great. I don't want to be the laughing stock of all of my future friends.. 

 

As I moped around the park, I saw a bench that was quite far from other people that was jogging around or picnicking. I sat down and cried again. My tears stopped when I finally noticed a boy sitting beside me. He asked me what was wrong and I try my hardest to explain in my broken Korean and checking back my words. He smiled and told me everything will be fine. For some odd reason, I believed him. He said he will be my bestest friend and he kept his word. That certain boy was Taemin. 

 

He helped me adapt to the foreign surrounding. With his assistance, I finally stopped crying and started to smile and laugh more. My parents were happy with my positive attitude. Jessica eventually got by with the atmosphere. She even found a new boyfriend back then. His name was Jonghyun but after 3 months, he dumped her. She was devastated but by then she had accumulate to her 8 best friends, all at which are close to each other exactly like close sisters. 

 

Out of all of them, I'm the closest to Seohyun as our is not that big compared to the others. We are only three years apart and she loves books. Now, she's furthering her studies to Japan, studying Politics. She used to work at a library for a while. I didn't see the need to work part time but she said it wasn't because of the money, she just loves to be around books. 

 

My mother knocked on the door, signaling our guests have arrived. I took another look at the mirror and I was satisfied. I looked great in the leopard printed green dress. But then again, I look great in anything. That's just a mere fact that everybody knows. I descend down the staircase in an elegant manner. I still need to impress the guests, right? I saw my parents at the end of the stairs. They ushered me to go down faster. I did a 90 degree bow to Taemin's parents and smiled lovingly when I saw Taemin. He responded back with a smile, too. 

 

We made our way to the dining room. The maids have done a wonderful job in decorating the table. We all took our seats and started eating dinner. My parents were busy talking to his parents about business stuff. I never understand all the business things they always talk about even though I'll be the one taking over the family's business. Jessica had signed off the idea earlier so they had to turn to me. I didn't care, though. It's nice to know I have somewhere else to go after college. Taemin and I didn't make any conversation and ate our meals silently. While waiting fo the dessert to arrive, dad cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. 

 

"I want to thank everyone for coming tonight. The reason we gather here tonight is because we all have an announcement to make." We turned ourselves to my father's direction. 

 

"We're happy to announce our daughter's marriage with a boy we deem to be appropriate in helping her with future business." I was shocked to hear this. I never told anyone about my crush. I never told mom nor dad about any boy ever. I usually kept all of this to myself, I don't even write it in my diary. 

 

"Who is the lucky guy, Mr Jung?" Taemin asked cheekily. Our parents looked at each other and smiled. 

 

"That person, would be you, son." Mr Lee answered. 

 

That definitely took me to cloud nine. I am too happy to hear about this. I will marry my best friend! My future husband will be Taemin and not some stranger! I am ecstatic but I didn't show it. Inside, I feel like jumping around, doing cartwheels and somersaults until my legs turns to jelly. I shifted my gaze towards Taemin to see his reaction. Would he be happy? Does he feel the same way I do? 

 

No, he's not. His face looked like he's hurt, angry and mostly furious. I suddenly came down crashing, falling to the Earth's core. Realization hit me as I remembered, he still has Sulli. Of course, Sulli is the centre of his existence. He wouldn't agree to our parents' plan. I remembered he once said he will make Sulli his, one day. He wants to marry her, not me. I'm just a little sister to him. He stood up from his seat and everybody was shocked to see his response. 

 

"But I didn't even agree to this!" He started to yell. 

 

"Sit down, Taemin! Be a gentleman in others' homes!" Mrs Lee told him. 

 

"No, mom! I've had enough of following your orders. Enough!" 

 

She was most definitely shocked to see her own son yelling back at her. "I disagree! I don't want this and I'm pretty sure Krystal doesn't want this too. Don't you, Krys?" He turned to me. 

 

"Um.. yeah. I don't" I lied. I don't want to but I have too, for the sake of Taemin. 

 

"Taemin..." my father started but Taemin was faster at cutting him off.

 

"I won't do it Mr Jung. I'm sorry, but I can't marry someone I don't love. Thanks for the dinner but I have to get going." He bowed and stormed out of the house. 

 

 

 

   

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

 

NEW SUBSCRIBERS ALERT!!

shinshana

moonGY

THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING!!

 

 

HEHEHE.. aNOTHER  ONE OF MY manips...

 

 

Sorry, but I just can't resist adding TaeLli since they are my OTP!!

And with that the shineeeffects pairing is complete!

LOL, my fic has everything!

MinStal

MinYoon

JongNa (though I like LuNew more nowadays)

JongSica

KeyBer

TaeLli

TaeStal (I'm not really fond of this couple.. mianhae!!)

 

The next chapter will be a continuation of the last chapter..

And My next update will be next sunday or SATURDAY OR NONE at all...

I'm not sure when I'll start writing the next chapter cuz I want to do the first chapter of Blue Roses too...

Check the fic out, kay?!

The link is in the previous chapter...

 

 

 I should have an official color when writing my author's note...

Like candyredhearts is pink...

wHAT ABOUT blue or purple...

Or better yet...

PERIWINKLE!!!!

tELL ME WHAT YOU THINK CUZ BLACK IS STARTING TO make me sick....

Here's some tryouts...

AND ALSO...

Did you hear about f(x) JAPANESE DEBUT??? (=> BLUE!!)

I seriously can't wait for it but all the people at Tumblr said it's too soon and how they pity AMBER...

But I want more SHINEE EFFECTS!! (=> PURPLE!!)

Lately, it's been either Shinee Generation or Super Aff(x)tion....

Anyways, wait for the next chapter patiently, kay?!

(Am confused about Periwinkle.. Is it blue or is it purple?? O_O)

 

 

F(X) 2ND ANNIVERSARY COMING UP SOON!!

P/s: to appleicecream, the creator of the poster and bg image, my sis said yours waS CUTE!! and she's somewhat an expert in poster making...