The Concert and Many Troubles

Chen's Pen Pal

Your POV

Rae had paid for our food and then she dragged me too the concert so we could get good spots…

Did it really matter to me?

Nope, but Rae can see while I can’t so I’m okay with this.

Still when other fans started piling in it got a little crowded and I had to close my cane.

At least they kept the lights on until the concert was about to start.

I sigh as I look up at the lights that are shining on the stage at how bright and brilliant they are.

I feel someone bump into me and I turn around, “Ya, you should be more careful.”

I hear a snotty girl say, “Why should I? You’re the one in the way, idiot.”

I clench my fist and I feel my phone buzz as I open it too see it’s a message from Chen.

I smile as I have Rae read it too me.

I smile as I place my hand over my screen, “He’s too sweet.”

I feel someone grab my shirt and horrible kimchi breathe as.. I guess the girl that bumped into me pulls me down too her height.

“What the hell are you ignoring me cause your boyfriend messaged you blindy?”

I look at what I believe to be her face as I pinch my nose, “I’m not sure what your problem is, but I’ll give you too the count of 3 too apologize and let me go.”

I hear her scoff, “What can a blind girl like you do too me?”

I sigh as I start counting, “1… 2… Are you sure you don’t want too let me go and apologize?”

Again she scuffs in my face as she says, “Why should I?”

I sigh as I say, “3.”

I peel her hand from the jacket Chen had given me as I quickly flip her over my shoulder onto her stomach and then I twist her arm behind her back.

“I hate girls like you. You harass people for being different and try to act high and mighty when really you are nothing but a with only bark and no bite.”

I let go of her arm as I feel someone pull me up, “Miss, are you calm?”

I look up trying to figure out the voice, “Yes. I’m sorry if I caused a ruckus, but this girl was harassing me.”

I feel Rae hand me my cane unfolded and everything, “Here. I’m sorry about my friend she’s a bit temperamental since she lost her sight. I know it’s stupid too bring a blind person too a concert, but we love their music.”

I know she’s pulling her cute eyes and lovely face as she bats her eyelashes at the security guard, “That’s fine ‘mam. Still can you try to keep her under control.”

“Of course. Hei Ryung, please apologize too the nice man and the… annoying girl.”

I sigh as I look up towards where the voice was as I bow my head down, “I’m sorry for causing a small issue cause of this rude . I'm not apologizing too a girl who can’t see that she was the 1 that was wrong.”

I hear Rae sigh as she bows slightly pushing my head down. Still she lets it go and walks over to the girl that I had thrown to the ground and says something quietly.

Rae’s POV

I had pulled the girl’s arm back as I whisper to her, “Be careful who you mess with it might blow up in your face later. My friend maybe blind, but she has a black belt and not afraid to use it. Also if she doesn’t do something I will cause she’s my sister and I will mess you up.”

The girl pops up on her feet and runs off too the other side fo the stage.

I stand up straight as I look at the girl, “Better run away little mouse before you get eaten.”

The girl runs off and I chuckle to myself as I look over at my best friend who is smiling.

“What’s got you smiling?”

“Nothing just knowing you, you had made my day.”

I laugh as I look over at her as I smile, “Course I am your sister and it’s my job to protect you.”

She laughs as she nods her head, “Just tell me when the concert starts,” she leans towards my ear, “Help me watch Chen while he’s on stage.”

I laugh as I nod my head as I pat her head, “Of course.”

It’s my job too protect Hei Ryung… but that may end soon and I’ll have Chen looking after her.

Your POV

It's funny knowing your friends as well as I know mine, especially when you can't see their faces.

I smile as I look down at the bright whiteness of my phone screen as my phone goes off.

I slip my headphone into my ear as I answer my phone, “Hello.”

“Hey, how is my girl?” I hear Chen’s cheeky voice over the phone.

“I’m great so when is it supposed to start?”

“In about 5 minutes where are you?”

“I’m not sure right by the stage is all I know.”

I hear him laugh as he says, “Alright, just be sure to listen for a cue to lift up your cane.”

“Shut up, you make me sound old saying it like that.”

He laughs again and I sigh, “Alright. I will. Just look by the stage outside of the blockade if they have 1.”

I hear him chuckle and I can picture him nodding his head.

I smile as Rae and I listen too people start cheering as the concert starts.

As the concert goes on I hear Chen start talking, “So tonight we have a special guest. She’s come here by chance even though she can’t truly see.”

I hold my breathe as I look at where I sense the stage to be located.

“She’s a very kind girl who loves music and wants to support EXO. Her friend had brought her to come to our concert hoping that our music will help heal us. She had sent us a small video telling her friends story. Though too help save her some embarrassment we’re just playing audio.”

I hear Rae mutter, “I'm so going to kill that Jongdae.”

I laugh as I squeeze her hand.

“Here we go have a listen.”

“My friend Hei Ryung I’ve known her since we were little kids, but then she almost died a year ago in a car accident and since then her eye sight has been failing her. I had hoped too have her come to this concert or another one of EXO’s before she lost her eyesight, but it seems that I’m too late. She is blind, but that doesn’t stop her from being herself and I know that she’s few people that won’t let something like this destroy her. What will is not seeing the boy that she loves face before she’s blind. She’s scared for her check up and if she can her surgery. We all are and I know her childhood guy friend would be to. She hasn’t seen hi for a long time and now. It’s almost like it’s too late. I hope that Hei Ryung will at least enjoy that I had tried to plan this before her sight would fail her.”

The recording stops and I know I’m crying like a little baby.

“So we’d like the 2 best friends too come up stage and show us what true friendship and strength is all about. SO please EXO-L’s welcome Heir Ryung and Rachelle.”

I smile as I lift up my walking cane and Rae holds my hand tightly.

I smile as the security guard from before walks over to us and helps us on stage.

I smile as I pull out my glasses placing them over my eyes since the light that I do see hurts my head and scares me.

I smile as I feel Chen’s hand touch my shoulder and I look over in the direction that I believe that he’s in.

“So please tell us what you think of your friend’s message?”

I feel a microphone being held up in front of me as I carefully take it from whoever is holding it out in front of me.

“I think that was a beyond sweet thing of her. Like she had said we’ve known each other since we were kids and for the last few months I believed that it’s only been a few months since the accident when really it’s been a year. It’s true that I knew she was planning on taking me too this trip to Korea since my childhood friend and pen pal lives here. Though I haven’t listened too EXO as long as she has I really do love the music and that I got too come here today.”

I hear someone shout about be faking it too take off the sunglasses and I grip my cane tightly in my hand. I carefully with a shaking hand take off the glasses andd close my eyes the second the light hits my eyes.

“I’m not fully blind I can still see light and with these stage lights it hurts my head, but for those who wish for me too prove that I’m blind. Here you go.”

I open my eyes knowing that I’m showing off eyes that are glossing over and a few scars around my eyes were the glass shards had hit me. I Rae usually helps me hide them with makeup, but today we were too lazy.

“The car accident had not just taken my sight and made me sickly… It had taken the life of my father and unveiled many secrets of my family that I’d rather not know. If all lf this could be a lie and none of it was true I’d be much happier, but sadly this is the sad truth for me.My father died after being thrown out of his own car then it partly crushing him. I was found with glass shards embedded in my face and eyes they said I was lucky. When in truth I wish that I was the 1 that died.”

I hear a microphone drop and I know it was Chen’s. I might have told him almost everything that goes through my head, but not this. I had never told anyone that I wish I was the 1 that had died and my father was still alive.

I smile as I say, “A friend of mine from Korea made me realize that I was being selfish. That there would be many people who would miss me. Many people who I’d never get too meet like my friend Kim Jongdae. He was always there for me and sadly he’s never been with my physically since he lives here. Still if he’d hear me while I say this and wish too take up no more of EXO’s time. Kim Jongdae thank you so much for being with me since our mother’s introduced us. Thank you for letting me fall in love with you time and time again.”

I know everyone else is quiet so I try to act confused so only EXO and Rae know the truth of this confession.

“What’s going on? Why so quiet?”

Right away I hear Suho and that laugh, “Miss you must not realize that our member Chen’s real name is Kim Jongdae.”

I pull a perfect fake gasp as I say, “Really. Ahh I’m sure he wouldn’t know my nickname if he was my Jongdae.”

I know Jongdae laughs as he seems too think for a bit, “Coco.”

I laugh as I pat my purse, “What Coco as in Coco Channel?”

I feel Rae grab my arm, “Ya, Gaia let’s go before you make more of an idiot of yourself.”

I nod my head as I hold the microphone out as it’s taken from me I try to place my glasses over my eyes only to drop them.

I start muttering as I reach down my feet too find the glasses only too have a wave of dizziness hit me. I fall down hearing a breaking sound and a bit of pain in my legs.

I hear people start shouting and all I can think of is why now. I had gotten away from how bad this was for how long…

Why did it have to do this too me now?

Why now?

I feel a full wave of nothingness start to drift in and take over my mind as I ‘black out.’

Chen’s POV

She basically confessed to me in front of everyone only too try and cover it up. I sigh as I quickly pick up the microphone I had let fall from my fingers.

When she finishes her talking and Rae tells her to leave the stage I almost sigh in relief until I hear her drop her glasses.

I look over and almost go too help her only too know I’d get yelled at later since she wants to do everything herself.   

When I hear a soft thud then a crunch like sound I wince as I see her on the stage.

Her hands are in front of her as she’s on all fours breathing harshly.

Before I can ask if she’s alright she’s face down on the sage and I see a little bit of blood showing from her jeans.

I lean down as I gently poke her, “Miss… Are you alright?” Before I can make more of an of myself I shout, “Call an ambulance. Miss. Hei Ryung is unconscious.”

I’m not sure how everything else went until I find myself at the hospital 3 hours later. I’m sitting next to my mother in a stupid disguise outside of Hei Ryung’s room. Her friend Rae is next to  us, but she’s silent, but not as silent and stone like as I am.

We wait for the doctor too leave the room before we stand up and basically corner him.

“Doctor… How is she?"

“Miss. Un is getting worse…”





I'm trully an evil person. I haven't written in so long then I leave you with a cliff hanger... Hehe oh well I have more written maybe a quicker update. Sorry it's been forever since I've updated I've been busy with work, physical therapy for my leg, getting ready for my move, and that's all I've been doing for the last 3-4 months. I've started to get some free time and I'll try to write during that time. So please wish me luck.