A Hurtful Truth

Chen's Pen Pal

Your POV

I smile when i walk into my mother’s room to see that she’s awake.

“Omma,” I run too her side, “Omma… Don’t you ever scare me like that again.”

She looks at me with dead eyes as she whispers, “I dreamt I saw your father.”

I look at her, “What about him, ommanie?”

Her face over night seemed to have sunken in as if she was starved since my father had left us and her eyes hollowed out like a corpse’s.

My mother is silent so I almost plead to her, “Omma, what’s so bad that you look this way?”

“He cursed me too live the rest of my life in pain. He said that the 1 in our marriage that was wrong was me… He was right about that.”

“Omma, what do you mean? Dad was the 1 having an affair and going to leave us.”

My mother shakes her head, “No, I was. Your father was at times a cruel man who had driven me into a depression and the arms of another man. I was going to leave your father with that man too New York and leave the 2 of you in our middle of no where town in the midwest.”

I know I’m crying, “So the fight I had with dad he died was it for nothing?”

“Your father was distant until that day after he found out about the other man when you were 11… I told him that day that you were really his daughter and had a DNA test done though he wouldn’t look at it. He had said too me, ‘I do not need a test to tell me that Hei Ryung is my daughter I know she is. I’ve spent the last how many years of her life raising her as my daughter. DNA doesn’t matter to me, but I’m glad that you are acting like this. You are acting like you will leave the 2 of us together when I always feared you’d take her from me.’ Your father was right. I was going to take your with me when my lover and I started too plan to run off together.”

“What happened why didn't you? Why didn’t you leave me with appa? Maybe today he would be alive.”

“The day the 2 of you got in the accident was my fault. My lover he had a wife like I had a husband. She had found out and cut the oil line in the car expecting me to take it instead of you and your father.”

I know that I’m crying as I stand… “So I hated my father for no reason, because the 1 person I thought could never do wrong was the wrong that had wronged me the most in my life. You took my father from me. This is all your fault,” I yell as I point too my eyes, “I’m pretty much blind because you couldn’t stay faithful too appa. I hate you. I hope that you do have a terrible life. I can’t believe you had me hate appa for so long for no reason.”

I hear the machines start to go haywire, “Omma, I’m sorry but I think I’m heading home I’ll see you,” I stop at see and laugh, “See something that I may never get too do again.”

I hear a sobbing coming from my mother and I have to focus even harder see her.

Still I scuff as I exit the room and run into someone.

I hear the 1 voice I was wishing to hear, “Gaia, Kenchana?”

I shake my head as I bury my head into Jongdae’s chest, “Why? Why couldn’t be what I knew be the truth?”

I hear a sigh as I’m being led to a quiet room.

As I’m being seated on a chair and I hear Jongdae sit across from me.

“Gaia, what happened? You were fine when I dropped you off here a little bit ago.”

I wipe away my tears only seeing a shadow of everything and realize that this hurtful news hurt me a lot more than my mind and heart.

I look at him and try to remember what Jongdae looks like and hope that he doesn’t look sad.

I tell Jongdae what my mother had told me and as I draw too the end I say, “How… How could my mother do this too my dad? She was going to take me away and he knew it so he became distant from me. I thought he had hated me when really my father was afraid to get hurt so he became distant. Would he ever forgive me for what I said to him?”

I feel my head being pulled too a chest and soon a lap.

I look up too see that I’m close enough and there’s a lot of light I see a small amount of Jongdae’s face as he smiles sadly but kindly at me.

“Hei Ryung-ah, I believe that your father would forgive you. He’d understand why you said what you did, and that really you didn't mean it when you said you hated him. In truth you loved your father a lot, even though he was distant and cold towards you for a while.”

I smile as I nod my head placing it on his chest, “I hope your right, Jongdae. I hoep your right.”

Chen’s POV

I can’t believe that her mother did that to Hei Ryung.

She had cried herself to sleep and she has the concert too go too tonight.

I set her down and head towards her mother's room.

I slide the door open and look straight at Hei Ryung’s mother and my own mother.

“How could you do that too Hei Ryung? You could have told her something besides what you did. Do you realize how much she hates you and herself? She’s very sensitive towards these things. Gaia, she loves her mother and she loves her father you should have given her a better image too remember you by. Instead of the adulterer who almost abandoned her and caused her father’s death.”

My mother looks at me horrified, “Kim Jong Dae… Apologize this very moment.”

I shake my head, “Aniya, I won’t apologize because I’m right. Ms. Un your daughter is angry and confused I am and I’m not even her, but I believe that she’ll forgive you someday.”

“Really?” she asks in a weak tone.

I nod my head, “I believe she will it’s just a matter when. I can’t promise she’ll do it in this lifetime or the next, but no matter what your daughter will love you.”

I walk out of the room too see Hei Ryung’s friend… Rae… I think her name is walk up to me.

xAfZuXdCE-DOzJ3EwEmg27SqKN9pSPFn1B8GWWxW

“You’re Jongdae right…?”

I nod my head a bit confused “Good. Can I ask where Hei Ryung is?”

“Follow me,” I bring her too an empty waiting area where the only person there is Gaia.

I watch as she walks up to the sleeping Gaia waking up the sleeping beauty.

I smile as I leave them to themselves without being asked too.

 

My phone starts going off and I look too see it’s manager-hyung…

I sigh as I whisper to myself right before I answer, “I guess I’m in trouble.”

I listened to manager-hyung yell at me and I ignore it only feeling worry for my best friend… my 1-sided-love.

When he’s done he says he’ll be picking me up 3 hours before the concert.

I sigh again but smile as I walk back to the area too see that Hei Ryung is sitting at the window wearing different clothing than a little bit ago.

M7CtYLvR7kDu1iMfACoIpN1XJ6Oy301vy-93RCjN

I smile at her and she opens the bag to pull out the clothing she had borrowed from me.

I shake my head, “You can keep them.”

She nods her head as she genlty puts the bag back into the big wicker like bag.

“Rae… she must have brought you that.”

She nods her head, “Rae, has always looked after me it became worse though once my eyesight started to fail me… more so after the accident she’s kept a close eye on me.”

“She’s a good friend,” I tell her.

“She is. Her family is part Mongolian on her dad’s side and Chinese and Korean on her mom’s side. She was looked down on then I came in and protected her. So she thinks she owes me something.”

I shake my head, “No, Rae she cares about you much like a sister would.”

I watch as she smiles at me and pats the spot next to her, “Can you sit down and talk for a while?”

I nod happily sitting next too her.

When I spot manager-hyung I smile at Hei Ryung and notice she doesn’t have a coat.

“Hei Ryung,” as I say her name and she looks up I slip off my jacket and hand it to her, “It’s going to get cold and I would like too see you at the concert tonight.”

qMdnLQpGJpoAEWqWeM9xY-Ob5mEGiJTP_YfB3AF-

I watch as she looks at the letterman jacket and smiles as she slips it on, “Thanks. I’ll see you tonight.”

I slip a backstage pass around her neck slipping it into the jacket, “Don’t take that off there’s 2 so give 1 to Rae. Have her help you backstage tonight. I’ll be waiting fo ryou,”

“Hei Ryung,” she looks up at me and I snap a picture ignoring how her eyes are starting to get a hazy look to them.

I lean forward and kiss her forehead where a small scar lies above and below her eye that is hidden with makeup.

“I’ll see you tonight.”

I walk over to manager-hyung and all I want to do is run back too Hei Ryung and thinking, “Screw the concert I just want her eyes on me.”

Your POV

I smile as I let my hands drift down my figure too feel the jacket of Jongdae’s smiling even more when I feel the backstage passes under it all.

I look up too see an outline and I take a sniff of the air too recognize the scent it’s Jongdae’s mother.

“Omma-nim, what do you need?”

“Hei Ryung… You remember that I had lost my brother that lived in Canada a while ago in an accident.”

I nodded my head, “Yes, it happened almost a year or so ago.”

“He was your mother’s lover. I had found out when I got a call from my brother’s wife. He died when he was trying too get too your mother too tell her that he was leaving his wife for her. I was angry about this. I knew your mother my entire life and I never thought that she’d do something like that. I was angry for a long time but when I heard that you were in the hospital because of what his wife had done in retaliation.”

“You forgave my mother?”

She shakes her head, “No, but I pity her. I pity that she had gotten wrapped up in the affair that she had lost her lover and her husband all in 1 year. Now she’s about to lose her 1 and only child. What can I say about this? In my heart I’m still angry with her, but I know my brother wouldn’t want that. He would want me to forgive and move on with me life.”

I sigh as look at her, “I can’t forgive her. I know that my father wouldn't like it, but I can’t. His wife was having an affair and he died because of it. It should have been her in that car.”

I hear no argument and look to see her a bit frustrated, “I understand your situation, but please think of what you really would like.”

I nod my head as look at her, “I’ll think about it, but that woman what she did too my father it’s unforgivable. Still she is my mother so I love her, but that doesn’t mean I have too like her completely after hearing something like that from her.”

I stand up and pull out my walking stick and snap it ‘open’ and start walking away.

I hear Rae as she runs up too me and takes my arm that’s now holding the walking stick, “Hei Ryung, let’s go get something to eat then head to the concert.”

I nod my head someone can help keep my head clear… much like Jongdae could do.

Jongdae… my best friend… Singer in the amazing band EXO… and my first true love that I’ll never forget…

I want him too look at me like I see him…

‘Screw his fans I just want his eyes on me,’ I think too myself as I’m pulled off too get food.


Hi it's alwaysdreaming just thought I'd stop in after this to tell you that I plan to update more often since I have my new job under a bit more control and have my own laptop that has a nice system installed in it. I hope to update more often so please wish me luck and cheer me on. I'm sorry it's been so long. Fighting!