Time with EXO

Chen's Pen Pal

Chen’s POV

Everyone of EXO is sitting around the small area with the piano and Hei Ryung is on the small piano bench.

It’s been about an hour since EXO walked in on Hei Ryung and me.

Hei Ryung’s slight blindness isn’t brought up yet, but I know it probably will soon.

I look over at her and poke her causing her to stop listening too Chanyeol and look at me.

“Yes?”

“Are you hungry?”

Her face brightens as she nods her head, “Of course.”

“Then let’s get some food. There was that 1 place I told you about.”

“Oh with the awesome chicken?”

I nod my head and she smiles at me.

“You mean it?’ she asks.

Again I nod my head and smile at her, “Of course. I promised didn’t I. It’s actually not that far from here.”

The guys give me a look and say, “Just give us the name of the place and we’ll pick it up. We can’t have you walking around with a girl now can we.”

Hei Ryung and I give each other a look and shrug as I tell them the name of the shop and what they are too order. They also said that they’d pay for it.

When they all leave I look at Hei Ryung and say, “They’re planning something.”

She nods her head and then rests it on my shoulder.

“Should it matter? I get too be with you longer. I was afraid that if we went out together especially after you running into the hospital that fans would get mad.”

I look at her and pull her against my chest as we just sit there facing away from the piano, “It doesn’t matter I’ll always run to you I’ve always wanted to run to you when I’d get a letter or email from you and you said you were troubled by something.”

I watch a small smile on her face, “So if I went over seas too have surgery would you go with me?”

“Over seas?”

“Why go overseas for what?”

“There’s a really good doctor who does transplants in New York. My mom set up a consultation with him next month.”

“I thought you lived in America though?”

“I’m staying in Seoul for about a month then I’m going back to the US for my transplant.”

“What noona needs a transplant for what?” I hear Sehun ask.

I want to hit myself for not realizing just how much time had passed.

I watch as they set the food down around the room.

Hei Ryung seems cautious as she answers honestly as she always does, “I'm legally blind and I’m going to keep going blind. I only see slightly out of my eyes my right eye is slightly better than the left. Like I can see most of Chen’s features or any of your features in this lightening, but if any darker or you were any farther away from me then I would just see an outline of your body.”

Everyone looks at me, “Why didn’t you tell us about this?”

“I didn’t think it was any of your business and it wasn’t my place too tell people for her.”

Rei Ryung nods her head and smiles at us, “I was kind of hoping that it would go less noticed.”

I hand her a small container and she stares at it and moves to the side so the light is shining on it.

“You know you could have asked me and I would have opened it for you.”

She nods her head, “I know. I just don’t want to be a bother.”

I can’t stop my hand as I slap her on the back of the head, “Idiot.”

She looks at me and if looks could kill I’d probably be 20ft underground.

Luckily you get used too people glaring at you when you live in a dorm with 12 other people.

“What did you just call me?”

“I called you an idiot, because you could never be a bother too me.”

I hear 1 of the guys ask, “Where’s manager?”

“Oh, that’s what you say now, but what if people get the wrong idea.”

“What idea?”

She’s silent and I stare down at her as she scoots away from me, “New rule: Keep a good 3ft away from me.”

“What?”

“You heard me cross the 3ft and there will be hell to pay.”

“Yeah, right. Why should I keep 3ft from my best friend?”

“Cause I said so.”

“It’s must be a lovers quarrel,” Baekhyun whispers loudly.

Hei Ryung and I look at him and shout, “We're not lovers.”

“Who is this?”

We look up and there's manager-hyung.

“Oh, hi you must be EXO’s manager please take care of the brat.”

Manager looks around and asks, “Which 1? Are they part of EXO-M?”

She tilts her head and she looks at me and points, “Jongdae. I’m a friend of his from when we were kids. Him and EXO brought me here too hang out since I was really sad.”

Okay this is kind of cute the look on her face.

“Really, why?”

“My mom had a heart-attack,” she states easily but I can tell she’s a bit choked up.

“Yah, hyung Rei Ryung should probably go home.”

He nods her head as he says, “I’ll show her out.”

I know it’s dark out and if she can’t even open a container in this light because of her shadow…

Nope not going to think about it.

“No, I’ll take her home.”

“Why?”

“I’m staying with his mom at the hospital. So he probably wants to check up on her.”

Okay how quick she can lie worries me… but what can I say really it’s a habit since she’s never wanted her family too worry about her.

That’s why it was handy when we started using kakao too talk then we switched to skype today when we can video call.

“Fine.” He smiles at me, but then he has to say, “Kris drive him to the hospital with her.”

“Ahh… Hyung wouldn’t it be safer if she stayed here or something?”

What is he trying to do?

Manager hyung looks between all of us then at Hei Ryung, “If she’s alright with sleeping on the couch.”

Hei Ryung looks at the time and nods her head, “It’s too late to try and drive to the hospital.”

“What’s your name?”

“Un Hei Ryung,” she answers, “though my last name had recently changed back too Un instead of Lin.”

“Really?”

She nods her head, “Yes, my father had recently died and my mom couldn’t stand his last name since they were going through a divorce too begin with.”

My manager seems to be thinking for awhile so she adds, “I’ve been living in California with my parents for a long time now. I’m just recently came to Korea.”

“Are you a mix?”

The look on Hei Ryung’s face almost makes me laugh as she looks at manager, “I’m half-Korean and half-Chinese.”

Manager nods his head, “That’s why I thought you were 1 of EXO-M’s friends. I thought you looked more Chinese than Korean.”

She shrugs, “I have my on and off days.”

Hei Ryung decides that she’s going to sit on the bench again as she picks up her food and starts to eat.

She looks up at me and flashes me a beautiful smile, “Chen aren’t you going to eat, cause if you don’t hurry up I’ll eat it.”

I frown at her even though she probably didn’t see it as I sit down by her and start to eat my own food.

It’s funny that we’re acting like this like today isn’t the first day we met in person.

Hei Ryung looks over at me and makes a face and I pinch her cheeks.

She slaps at my hands and makes a face at me.

Usually I’m very flirtatious and talkative, but when I’m sitting with her like this I feel like I want to savor the quiet.

Especially since I don’t want to look like an idiot in front of the guys they would never let me live it down.

While Hei Ryung probably remember forever.

Much like I’ll remember her smiling face and her cheerful attitude even though I know she wants to cry.