Greeting

Babysitter

Key

I packed up my bag, bit my parents farewell, and nervously made my way over to the house down the road, reading the address over and over in my head to make sure I get the right one.

I rang the doorbell and listened to the squealing and stumbling that occurred on the other side of the door.  It opened, and two little boys stood there, grinning broadly.  They looked almost exactly alike.

I noticed that one was slightly taller than the other.  He was jumping up and down, looking to be filled with energy.

The other was a little bit smaller and thinner.  He was grinning, but stood back a bit and hid behind his brother.

"Hi!" The energetic one squealed. "I'm Chanhee!  Are you Kibum, the babysitter?"

I smiled and nodded.  Chanhee grabbed me by the hand and instructed his brother to take my bag before dragging me inside.

"Umma!" Chanhee called.  "Kibum is here!"

The smaller one was struggling with my bag behind us, so I took it from him with a warm smile.


"Oh, yeah." Chanhee said. "This is my brother, Byunhun.  We're twins, but I'm obviously much better looking than him."

Huh, cocky six year-old.

"Kim Kibum?" Their mother walked down the staircase, carrying two suitcases.  "Oh, thank goodness you're here.  My flight leaves soon, so I have to hurry with this..."

"Oh," I interrupted. "I-I'm sorry.  I didn't know that you were in such a hurry..."

"...I left my cell phone number on the fridge..." she said hurriedly, ignoring me.  "You can take whatever food you want, and I left you some money for groceries in case you need it.  The twins will lead you through things.  Chanhee might try to do things that he's not allowed to, but Byunhun usually stops him before he can cause trouble, so they shouldn't be too much of a problem for you.  Am I forgetting anything...Oh! Minho is upstairs, and he will probably stay upstairs most of the time.  Alright, I have to go..."

"Wait, who's Minho...?"

"The twins will explain everything! I have to go!  Boys, give your umma a kiss." 

She leaned down to their level and the boys kissed her on either cheek.

"I'll call you when I'm coming home!  Annyong!" She called, stumbling out the door, leaving me standing there with the two boys.

"...Who's Minho?" I asked them.

"Our older brother." Chanhee answered.  "He's your age, but he doesn't go to school because he was expelled for hurting some kid, so he has a tutor.  He never really leaves his room that much...wanna meet him, Kibum?"

After that description, meeting him would be the last thing I wanted to do.

"Sure." I sighed, feeling as if I was going to meet him at some point, anyway.  "And, actually, I go by 'Key'."

The boys both nodded and excitedly ran up the staircase.  I walked up after them, chuckling at their adorable enthusiasm.

They both ran up to a door at the end of the hallway.

"Minnnnnhoooooo!" Chanhee yelled, pounding on the door. "Do you want to meet Key?"

There was silence, then, muffled through the door, I heard a plain "No."

"Come onnnn, Minho!" Chanhee whined.

"Please, Minho." Byunhun spoke for the first time, his voice softer and higher than Chanhee's. "We never see you anymore.  Come out and meet Key."

"Go away." Minho called from inside.

The boys sighed and turned to me.

"He'll come out eventually." Chanhee said confidently.  "Come on, we'll show you to your room.

The three of us walked downstairs, and I grabbed my bag before we went into the basement.

"This is the guest room." Chanhee opened a door and led me inside. There was a double bed, a nightstand, a dresser, a closet, and a radio.  It was a pretty nice room, and in good condition. 

"We spent a long time cleaning it for you yesterday," Byunhun said, helping me with my bag.  "Chanhee, umma, and I."

"That's sweet of you guys."

"We'll help you unpack!" Chanhee squealed, heading for my bag.

They were so cute.  So innocent.  They just helped me with my clothes, happily putting them in drawers and hanging them up clumsily in the closet.  It was like I had two little helper-munchkins.

Chanhee my radio, and I watched him and Byunhun dance around the room, singing along.  They were both so full of energy.

When we were done packing, it was just past lunchtime.

"May we help you make lunch?" Byunhun asked politely.

"Please, Key? Please, please, please?  We love making food!" Chanhee bounced around me.

"I...don't see why not." I smiled as they cheered and ran into the kitchen.

We agreed on making sandwiches, because I figured that would be simple enough for them to make.  Sadly, simple didn't mean clean.  They got more food on the counters and floor then they did on the plates, but they were still proud of their work.

"Can we take one to Minho?" Chanhee asked me.

"Do you think that he would want that?  It doesn't seem like he wants any attention."

Chanhee sighed, looking downcast.  "You're right.  He doesn't like us that much."

"No, thats not what I meant!" I said quickly. "I mean...he just obviously just wants to be left alone..."

I wasn't helping the cause.  Both boys stared silently down at their plates.

"...You know what?  I think we should bring Minho a sandwich.  Maybe he'll like that."

Their faces both brightened, and they got to work on his sandwich, focusing on making it neat and nice-looking.

We took it up to Minho's room, and Byunhun knocked on the door.

"Minho," He said softly. "We brought you a sandwich...if you...if you want it."

He heard someone fumbling around in the room, and then he heard a lock being switched before the door opened.

A boy slightly taller than me stood in the doorway, his muscled arms holding the doorframe by both sides.  He frowned down at his brothers, and then his eyes wandered to me.

His eyes were beautiful.

Byunhun smiled and held up the plate.  Minho took it from him and patted him on the head.  "Thanks, dongsaeng."

His eyes landed on me again, and a small smirk played on his lips.  I quickly looked away.

"This is Key." Chanhee grabbed my hand.  "He's our babysitter."

Minho nodded a greeting to me, still smirking.  I nodded shyly back and looked down.


"Well...bye then." Minho closed the door.

"I told you that he would want it!" Chanhee cheered as he and his brother ran back downstairs.  I followed them, looking back at Minho's door to see if he was there.

I kicked myself for being upset that he wasn't. 


 

My first REAL chapter of this fic XD

Minkey will soon be formed.  Mwahahaha.

Oh!  Points for anyone who can catch the refrence of the twins' names.  They're OC's, but I kinda stole thier names because I'm too lazy to think of good names.  I was thinking about using the Jo twins (Boyfriend) but decided against it because I don't want to slaughter their personalities n.n

Comments? Questions? Guesses? Toast?