Storm

Babysitter

Minho

I paused at the top of the staircase as everything went black.  , I didn't know how to find the flashlights in the dark.

I could hear Byunhun crying downstairs and Key and Chanhee nervously talking, so I slowly felt my way back down the first flight of steps.

"Minho?  Where are you?" Key called from the basement.

"Upstairs!" I shouted, making my way down the second staircase.  "I'll be down there in a second!"

"I can't see anything." Chanhee squealed.  "This is so cool!"

I got to the bottom of the stairs.  "Key? I'm over here.  Where are you?"

"Right by the bedroom door.  Follow my voice."

I felt my way along the wall towards Key's voice.  I bumped against something and ran my hand over it.

"That's my shoulder." Key murmured to me.

I hadn't realized that I was this close to him.  I suddenly became aware of his breathing andfumbling over the sound of the rain hitting the windows and Byunhun's sobbing.

Key grabbed my hand, making me jump.  He slowly pulled me into the bedroom with the twins.

There was another roar of thunder, and Key jumped away from me, breathing quickly.  We all lost each other in the commotion.

"Ow!" Key exclaimed to my right. "Minho, that was my foot!"

"Sorry.  Byunhun, is this you next to me?"

"No, it's me, Chanhee.  Byunhun's on the bed."

"Where's the bed?" Key asked.

"Over here." Byunhun said shakily.

"Where are you?" I asked.

Key sighed.  "Minho, take my hand.  I'm on your right."

I felt for his hand, and then I brushed something that felt like the fabric of his jeans.

"Yah, Minho!  Don't touch me there!" Key shrieked, jumping away.

I blushed furiously, grateful for the darkness to hide my red face, and felt his hand slip into mine.

"Thank you." He breathed. "Chanhee, take my other hand."

I heard them scurrying around a bit a few feet away from me.

"Good." Key said after a few brief moments.  "Now let's all make our way over to Byunhun..."

We all stumbled, hand in hand, towards the direction of Byunhun's whimpering.

"I have his hand." Chanhee said.  "I'm getting onto the bed."

Key briefly pulled his hand away to help Chanhee onto the bed, then slipped it back into mine.

Another crack of lightning lit the sky, and Key jumped onto the bed, bringing me with him.

I felt my way between Chanhee and Byunhun, and Key crawled in next to Chanhee.

We pulled the covers halfway over us and all huddled there.  Chanhee started to climb over Key's legs next to me, shoving him closer to me.

"I want to sit on this side."  He said.

The thunder roared outside and I felt Key jump, a small whimper escaping his lips.  I barely stiffled a laugh.

"Key...are you afraid of the storm?" I asked, a hint of amusement in my voice.

"N-no." He stammered.

I smiled and put my arm around his shoulders, causing them to stiffen.

"Don't worry...I'll keep you safe."

"Very funny." Key said quietly, not pulling my arm away.

"When is the storm going to stop?" Byunhun whimpered.

"I don't know-"

Chanhee gasped.  "The radio!"

He leapt off of the bed and there was a brief silence as he the radio, switching between stations.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"We can find a weather station." He said from across the room. "Then we can know when the storm will end."

He quickly settled on a station and crawled back into bed next to Key.

Another flash of lightning illuminated the room while we listened, followed by a loud rumble of thunder.

The weather station announced that the storm wouldn't be over for at least an hour, and Key sighed, his shoulders sagging.

"We're going to be here for a while." Chanhee mumbled.

Another roar of thunder caused Key to nuzzle his head into the crook of my neck and whimper.  A chill went down my spine as his lips accidentally brushed my neck.

He whipped his head away.  "I-I'm sorry..." he mumbled.

I shrugged.  "I'm not complaining."

I could practically feel the heat radiating from his face.

"Minho..." Byunhun asked after a few awkward seconds.  "Can you scoot over? I'm falling off of the bed."

I moved a bit closer to Key, pressing myself against him.  I hear him sigh, but he doesn't move away.  I still can't believe that he is allowing my arm to be around his shoulders.

"How's that?"  I ask.

"A bit more."

"I can't go any further, Byunhun."

"But I'm falling!"  He whined.

"I'm falling, too." Chanhee piped up from the other side of Key.

"How the hell are you falling? This is a double bed."

"Yeah, a double bed...not a quadruple bed." Chanhee said in a cocky tone.  "There's four of us, smart one."

Key heaved a sigh.  "If Minho and I were any closer, I'd be on top of him."

There was a brief silence.

"That's not a bad idea." Chanhee said.  "Key, sit on Minho's lap."

Key flinched.

"Why can't one of you two sit on my lap instead?" I asked, not throughly convinced that I would perfer them over Key.

"I don't want to." Byunhun whimpered.

"Ew, I don't want to be on your lap." Chanhee laughed.  "Just do it."

"Excuse me," Key said from beside me.  "Who do you think is in charge here?"

"Me." Chanhee said proudly.

"No, I am." I said.

"Neither of you are." Key sighed.  "I'm supposed to be in charge, so-"

"Oh, just do as the kid says." I said irritably.

"Excuse me?"

I leaned close to him.

"Look, the kids are scared.  We're in charge, so we need to do whatever it takes to make them happy." I murmured.

Key cleared his throat. "We?"

"Fine, you.  But you know what I mean."

A few silent moments went by, and with a sinking feeling I thought that Key was just going to ignore Chanhee's request.  Then I heard him sigh as he lifted himself up onto my lap.

I scooted over to give Byunhun more room and put my arms around Key to steady him, but he pushed them away as he settled himself into a comfortable position.

"Thanks, Key!" Chanhee said cheerily as he and Byunhun scooted into the empty spot next to me.

"Yeah, no problem." Key mumbled.

A crack of lightning illuminated the room, and, as expected, a loud roar of thunder followed.

Key drew a shaky breath and leaned into me, burying his face in my chest.  I put my arms around him again.  He was shaking like crazy.

"I'm cold." Byunhun squeaked, tugging at the covers.  "Can we all cuddle?"

"Yeah, I'm cold, too." Chanhee said, heaving a very believable shudder.  "Aren't you guys?"

"I guess." I sighed, feeling the goosebumps on my arms.  Although, I wasn't sure whether or not they were from the cold...

"Lie down, Minho." Chanhee ordered.  The bed shifted as he and Byunhun crawled under the covers.

I sighed and gently scooted my body into a laying position, bringing Key with me.  I don't think he noticed because of how afraid he was, but if he did notice, he didn't protest.

The twins pulled the blankets up to our necks.

We all just lied there.  I enjoyed the warm feeling of Key's body pressed against mine.  I ran my hand through his hair, making him twitch.

Another bright flash of lightning occured, and a roar of thunder made Key wrap his arms around me, still shaking in fear.

"Key..." I soothed.  "Are you alright?"

"Y-Yes..." He whimpered.

"If you're afraid..."

"I'm not afraid of the storm!" He snapped.

My body screamed in protest as he lifted himself off of me and crawled out from under the covers.

"Why don't we just...look for a flashlight...or a generator or something?" Key said as his weight was lifted from the bed.

I sighed and followed suit, crawling off of the bed. "Fine. Whatever you want."

"Good."

"We'll break into groups.  Key, you and I will look upstairs, and Chanhee, you and Byunhun-"

"Are you kidding me?" Key hissed.  "You're really going to send two terrified six year-olds out into the dark house alone?"

"I'm not even scared!" Chanhee scoffed.  "You and Minho can go upstairs.  I'll watch the kid."

"No.  Byunhun needs someone older with him."

"Come on, Key.  They'll be fine."

"I don't trust that, and I'm in charge of their safety, so what I say goes."

I slapped my forehead.  Why wasn't Key picking up any of my hints?

"Fine." I spat.  "Chanhee, you and Key will search the second floor,  Byunhun and I will search down here."

"What about the main floor?" Key asked.

"We'll meet up there and search together if we don't find anything."

"Fine.  You have to keep Byunhun safe and calm.  He's terrified enough as it is without you scaring him again.

I rolled my eyes in response, but, sadly, he couldn't see it.  He didn't need to be such a to me.

A flash of lightning lit up the entire room, and for a brief second I caught sight of the bed.  There was about the length of space that I took up alone between the twins.  On either side of them, there was at least three feet of space between each of them and the side of the bed.

Those sneaky little bastards. 


 

:D

LOOONNNGG CHAPTAA!

I wrote this all in two nights!  Hallemothainluyah!

Tell me what you think please.  I was really tired earlier because I havent slept in a while, but I drank a whole bunch of soda and now I'm just BUZZZZZED.  So, there might be some editing mistakes -.- get some sleep, silly girl!

Comments?  The storm continues next chapter >> which will be up tomorrow! :D