Let the Nightmare Begin

Babysitter

Key

Minho was trying to annoy the out of me.  I wasn't stupid.  I could tell.

The twins bounced around him like he was their God, and all that I felt comfortable doing was staying as far away from Minho as possible.

His hand didn't just coincidently grab my .  There was some purpose, and it was freaking me out.

I sighed impatiently at the way that Minho picked up Byunhun in his arms and swung him around, making him laugh and smile...but then whenever Chanhee came up to him, he just kicked him away.

Way to go, Minho.  Pick one of your brothers over the other.

Minho kept looking over at me, grinning.  I couldn't stand him right now.  He was so cocky.  I didn't become throughly uncomfortable until he winked at me.

What...the...hell...

About halfway through the day, it started to rain.  It began as just a light sprinkle, but then it began to downpour.  We could hear it hitting the roof, hard.

"I don't like the rain..." Byunhun said quietly.

Chanhee grabbed Byunhun's hand. "Let's go into the basement, then we can't hear it as well!"

Minho and I followed the boys downstairs and into my bedroom.

"Why are we going in here?" I asked.

"Because then we can all cuddle on the bed until the rain stops." Chanhee answered, helping his brother onto the bed.  "That's what we used to do with umma when we were younger, right, Minho?"

"Erm...yeah." Minho scratched his head nervously.

I took a deep breath.  "Chanhee, don't you think we're all a bit old to-"

A loud roar of thunder shook the house, causing us all to jump.  Oh, no.  I hate storms.  Not in like a "storms annoy me" kind of hate...but more like a "storms scare the freaking out of me" kind of hate.  How can I take care of these kids when all I want to do is hide under the bed?

Byunhun burst into tears, and Minho raced over to the bed to comfort him.

"He's deathly afraid of storms." Minho told me.

Huh...join the club, kid.

A crack of lightning split across the sky, glowing harshly through the windows.  Minho covered Byunhun's ears, and we all braced ourselves for the roar of thunder.

It followed quickly, making me jump and shudder.

"Hang on." Minho walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?" I called after him.

I heard him walking up the second staircase.  "I'm going to find flashlights, in case the power goes-"

A another roar of thunder shook the house, and suddenly, everything went black.

"...Out." Chanhee finished quietly. 


 

Another short chapter.  Next chapter will be looooonnnggggg.

Don't worry...there's a point to the storm XD

Comments?  n.n  I need to stop begging for them.