Painful Memories

Babysitter

Minho

I ate my sandwich in silence, enjoying the way that the twins put peanut butter and cheese together.  They always seemed more content with things that didn't belong together.  It was adorable.

I found my mind constantly drifting to Key.  Damn, he was a good looking kid.  Obviously not gay, though.  His whole appearance screamed homoual, but I could just tell that he was straight.  I'm gay, I know these things just by looking at people.

Maybe he just doesn't know what it's like to be with a guy...

, Minho.  Why are you thinking about this?

I walked over to my computer and the monitor, sighing at the picture on the screen.

I was obsessed with my desktop background.  Well, I wasn't as obsessed with the background as I was with my boyfriend...I mean...ex boyfriend.

I had a picture of Kevin and I on my computer for as long as I could remember.  He was smiling into the camera, his eyes shining with happiness, while I was next to him, my lips on his cheek.  We had our arms around each other lovingly, holding on to each other tightly.  Nothing ever got between us, ever.  We were so happy together...

But then he cheated on me...and broke my heart.

Nobody knows, really.  I just tell everyone that we decided to be friends.  My umma thinks that I never come out of my room because I'm upset about my dad, but she doesn't know the half of it.  My father let me down, and my boyfriend let me down.  I'm just afraid of being hurt by someone else.  Shutting myself completely away from everyone is the best way to prevent that.

God, I miss Kevin.  I should remove this picture.  I brings me so much pain.  But I can't bring myself to do that.  Kevin may have hurt me, but I still love him.

My eyes burned, but I held back the tears.

I just lay on my bed for hours on end, staring at the ceiling.  Thinking.  That's all I ever do.

I could hear laughing from downstairs.  I could hear three different voices of laughter, and it pained me to know that Key was making my brothers laugh.  My brothers.

Feeling incredibly jealous, I crept out of my room.

I made my way silently downstairs.  They weren't on the main floor, they were in the basement.  I slowly crept down the staircase, carefully setting my foot down on each step as to not make any noise.

I peered down through the railing. It was dark down there, but I could just make out what was there.  The couch wasn't visible, because there were cushions and blankets all around it.

They had built a fort.

The fort wasn't opaque enough to hide the dim light that glowed from inside.  I could here giggling and hushed talking from inside.

Byunhun crawled out of some hidden opening and hung another blanket on the fort.  He turned my way, caught sight of me, and let out a terrified yelp.

I ran down to the bottom of the stairs to make myself fully visible. "Byunhun, it's just me, Minho.  I-I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to scare you..."

Chanhee and Key crawled out from the fort.

"What did you have to scare him for?" Key asked me, looking appalled, before he grabbed the hand of the now crying Byungun.

"I-I didn't mean to..."

Chanhee hugged Byunhun.  "It's okay.  It's just Minho.  Don't be afraid." He said soothingly.

Key smiled down at the boys for a moment, and then he looked at me, his eyes burning with anger.

He looked so hot when he was angry.

"Why were you down here, anyway?" Key demanded.  "I thought you were going to stay in your room."

"Look, buddy.  Just because you're taking care of my brothers doesn't mean that you're suddenly the boss of me.  This is my house." I said through gritted teeth.

Key stepped intimidatingly towards me.  It wasn't until we were about a foot apart that he seemed to realize our height difference and stopped.

"Just...leave us alone until you get a better attitude."

My face burned in rage and embarrassment.

"Fine." I spat before storming back upstairs. 


 

Another short chapter n.n

Thanks again for your comments!  I was suprised that I got so many on both of my new stories OVERNIGHT.  Like, seriously.  I fell asleep, I woke up the next morning, I checked my story on my iPod, and then I was suddenly very happy :D

Teehee...Kevin...from U-Kiss...poor Minho...

Leave more comments!  They make me feel warm inside ^.^