Chapter 4

Hey, I'm your future husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It will be a little angst, so do not kill me :D And special thanks to my lovely beta and friend Sekar aka Kutunakal for her amazing helps ^^. I'm sorry if i'm to old to update , hehehe....and as always thank you so much for your supports! ^^ Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Seungri followed behind me, his body still shaking and it made my head hurt. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing or not, but I can't leave him alone.
 

You better believe your own decision Jiyong!!
 

I opened my apartment door, turned to look at Seungri and let him in first. He bent down to me and took off his shoes.
 

" Please sit down..., I'll make you a drink " I said, pointing to the couch. He nodded and stepped towards it. I put my keys and bag on the kitchen counter. I boiled water on the pot to make his tea.
Seungri just sat there and continued bowing his head. He's not even interested in touring around the house, being the curious brat he is, nor did he look around my apartment.
 

He must have been very confused...
 

I approached him and gave him a cup of tea and then sat down beside him.
 

"Drink it first…, it will make you feel better… " I looked at him. He just stared at it for a moment, before he took a breath and then obeyed my words.
 

" Thank you hyung ... " he said looking at me. I couldn't understand what he's feeling right now. The expression on his face showed that he was afraid, confused and deeply anxious.
I smiled although I don't understand why I have to smile because I kinda feel afraid too and I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing now.
 

You bring in a fugitive into your apartment, stupid!!
But ...
He's Seungri…, he's not a bad guy. He doesn't do bad things...
At least to me...
 

" Tell me everything…, what's really going on? " I asked, putting my cup on the table. Seungri let out his breath again. I'm trying to hold my patience, waiting for him to speak up.
 

" But first…, I want to apologize to you..., I'm a bad guy " he said.
 

" What do you mean? ' I frowned. I didn't understand his words.
 

" Hyung ... , I'm not like what you think…, I'm not that good of a person…., I'm a criminal, a thief. And I'm a dropout. I lied to you "he said looking at me. My eyes widened hearing every single word he said. I distanced myself from him.
 

Oh my God!
What should I do?!
 

"You lied to me Seungri!" I yelled angrily.
 

" Hyung.., I know you're angry! Please forgive me! ... But hear me first…it was not my intention to hurt you... , I couldn't do that to you... I just... I had to do it ... , I don't want you to know who I was because then you'll leave me and wouldn't want to see me again and maybe you wouldn't want to be my friend anymore " he touched my fingers.
 

" Don't touch me..., I don't know if should I believe you or not " I got up from my seat. I'm angry, confused and scared. I don't know what is right and what is wrong anymore.
 

" Hyung! I'm begging you…, listen to me first ... , I'll tell you everything ... , I need your help Hyung…, only you can help me ... they are arresting my yo dongsaeng! " Seungri kneeled in front of me and cried. I'm very shocked. It's like being strucked by a thunder in the middle of summer when I heard what he just said. My brain was shrinking.
 

What?
His sister?
Who did?
 

" What do you mean?! I don't get it! What's going on? Tell me the truth! Arrested? Why? Do you know the police are looking for you because of Zico's death!! " I shook his shoulder.
 

" I'll explain everything... , but.. that's why I need your help ... " he grabbed my hand again. I let out my breath. I help him to sit back on the couch. He really looked so messed up and I think I look exactly the same as him.
 

Jiyong!
You'd better be ready with all of this !
 

" How could they arrest your dongsaeng? Who is this ‘they'?  " I looked at him. He lowered his head and began to tell me everything.

 

Seungri and Zico are bestfriends. They used to do stupid things together, like stealing and selling drugs. One day they tried to steal a car and it turned out that the car was Seunghyun's. And Seunghyun caught them, but he was kind enough to not throw them to jail, so the both promised him that they will not steal again. According to Seungri, Seunghyun wasn't entirely an angel because Seungri felt Seunghyun had other intentions behind it. Indirectly they are indebted to Seunghyun and he wanted them to give any information for each case that he was signed on. Seungri and Zico had fought about this, because they have different opinions about Seunghyun. Zico thought Seunghyun was a good cop and wouldn't do bad thing to them but while Seungri didn't want to get involved too much with Seunghyun, he didn't want to be friends with Seunghyun because he was worried it would became a boomerang for him. Seungri lived in the world of gangster, where the police are their biggest enemy and dealing with them means suicide. So, Seungri choose not to get too involved, he tried to improve himself by working in the coffee shop and there he met me. And I guess that 's why Seunghyun knows quite a lot about Seungri like he told me.


They know each other?
And no one ever told me!
Seunghyun! You're fooling me!
 

But the problems didn't stop there, one day Zico met Seungri and said that Changmin, Seungri's cousin is involved in a series of bank robbery that occurred a couple times in a row. Seungri had introduced me to Changmin before. He wasn't actually Seungri's cousin. Changmin was a good man who's helped Seungri when he first came to Seoul and he considered Changmin as his own Hyung.
When Zico told me about Changmin involvement, Seungri didn't believed him because he and Changmin had promise each other that they will try to live better and leave their bad habits. Changmin now work as a bartender at a night club.
Seunghyun asked Zico to find out how much Changmin and Seungri was involved in all of those bank robberies. Then Zico and Seungri had a big fight in Seungri's apartment. Zico said he was concerned about Seungri and his safety. But Seungri didn't believe Zico, because he was sure as hell that Changmin wasn't involved and he thought Zico was trusting Seunghyun words too much when it wasn't yet proven. Seungri thought Zico was defending Seunghyun just because he was very nice to Zico. Seungri also thinks that Seunghyun doesn't like him because of me, because we are so close. Seunghyun met him before and said that he was worried about how close Seungri and I was. According to Seungri, Seunghyun was always making him the black sheep because Seunghyun was very jealous of him.


I can't believe Seunghyun didn't tell me all this...
Why is he jealous with Seungri?


Seungri and Zico had a quarrel and accidentally Changmin heard their conversation. Changmin told Zico to go. The next day, the police found Zico's dead body at dumpster. Based on eyewitness confession, the police suspected Seungri because the last person with Zico was Seungri. They also found his fingerprints at the crime scene.
Seungri was in panic and and very confused. He was sad too because he just lost a best friend of his. He never thought that there was someone who wanted kill his best friend. Seungri began to attack Changmin with questions. They had an argument and finally Changmin confessed that he was involved with the bank robberies. Seungri was very shocked and didn't expected it at all. Changmin tried to convince him that it was his last robbery. He had a plan to bring Seungri and his little sister who was in an orphanage in Gwuangju to move to Canada. The robberry gang knew that Zico befriended  a cop, Changmin told his gang and then Zico being beaten and stabbed to death. The robber gang was scared that Zico would be a problem for them and the police would start to sniff their existence.
 

Oh God Zico......
I understand now..., Seunghyun...., he felt guilty for Zico's death...
 

According to Seungri, based on what Changmin said, their leader is very cruel and Changmin won't tell Seungri who they really are. Changmin didn't want to Seungri to get involved because he didn't want Seungri to have the same bad luck like Zico. But Seungri didn't understand what was going on then, until one day Changmin gave him a apartment key and he should keep it very well because there was where Changmin kept the things he took. Changmin also asked Seungri to pick up Hana, his little sister immediately.
But it was all too late, before Seungri did what Changmin had asked him to, Seungri saw the news announcing Changmin's death. He was killed with a bullet through his head. Seungri got scared and panicked. He was also very sad and confused. He tried to return to his apartment and when he got there, he found a message on the table. It told him to give Changmin's stuff to them, if he refuse to do that then they will kill his sister. Seungri was very the robber gang did not only took hostage of his little sister but also killed Zico and Changmin too. But Seungri really had no clue about who they are until now.
 

" ...., that's why I need your help Hyung...., I don't know who I to ask..., I can't go to the police, they threatened to kill my dongsaeng if I do it!" he said again squeezing his knees.
 

I don't know what to do...
Come on Ji ! Think!
 

" Maybe we can tell Youngbae ... he's my cousin , he's also a cop... , he's Seunghyun's partner " I said rubbing my chin with my fingertips.
 

" No! Don't involve the police, they will kill my dongsaeng Hyung! " Seungri pulled my hand. I let out my breath. I'm confused very aware that our situation is very unfavorable.
 

" It's very dangerous Seungri! Our lives are at stake " I began to get angry. Seungri wiped his face with his palms.
 

" I'm sorry I had to involve you in this ... , I know this is very dangerous ..., and maybe I might get killed... but I don't know who to run to anymore ... , I want to ask you a favour... , if something happened to me ... , I want you to tell Seunghyun hyung everything ... And please take care of Hana, that's the main reason I come to you and ask for your help Hyung ... " his said again. His eyes were filled with tears and he looked like he had lost hope. And I'm very sorry for him, I want to help him.
 

But what can I do?
 

" I'll talk to Seunghyun,we are going to explain everything to him. Maybe he will understand " I suggested even though I'm also not convinced by my own idea.
 

"No. He'll kill me Hyung ! I'm sure of it! Once Zico and now, I, involve you, he won't believe me and will immediately shoot my! No Hyung ... , it will just cause chaos, he won't let me act by myself and then they will kill Hana ... "he shook his head several times. I sighed again. Actually, I agree with what he said. Instantly I remember our argument this afternoon.
 

Seunghyun must have been mad at me!
There's a possibility..., that he won't help me...,  just like what he said this afternoon ...
 

And I'm sure if we tell Youngbae, he will report all of this to my mother. It's gonna ruin everything.

 

You could die!  They'll kill you! And then kill Seungri and Hana!
But ..
Seungri ... needs my help..., I can't let him meet them alone!
Somebody has to protect him...
Protect me....
Come on Ji..., think....
 

I took my cup of tea again and drank it until it's last drop. I put it back and then I leaned my back on the couch and closed my eyes for a moment.
" Hyung ... I'm sorry ... " Seungri said. His voice sounded very heavy. I opened my eyes and looked at him.
" I'll help you . But with my own way " I said, squeezing his shoulder. Seungri bit his lip and nodded.




 

I asked Seungri to tell everything from the beginning and I recorded his story. I need a proof if something ever happen to us. I keep the recording on my phone and send the copy to Chaerin's email. I asked her to open it if within 2 days she had no news about me and she must tell Youngbae immediately. At least if something happens to me and Seungri, Youngbae can do something and help us.
I can't let Seungri go alone to see the robbers because I'm sure they will kill him. So, the exchange between what they want and Seungri's little sister should be done in different places. We have to protect each other. I know they must have wanted the money and the evidence of their crimes that Changmin had taken before. I have decided, I'll take the money and documents to a club that they told Seungri to go to. Seungri will pick up his sister in a different place, at the edge of the Han River.
I don't know if the plan will go well, I don't really believe it will. I'm very scared and tomorrow night might be my last day in this world.
 

You must be crazy Ji!!
You could die stupid!!
Seunghyun ! !
Help me!
Yaaa!!
Why am I calling him?!
He doesn't care about me anymore...
 

I gave Seungri a blanket and a pillow. He really needs rest and I need it too, though I'm not sure if I could fall asleep.



 

Seungri is still sleeping on the couch. I didn't want to wake him up, because he looked very tired. I walked slowly towards the kitchen, as quite and as slow as possible. Actually, my mind kept drifting all night thinking about all the plan. I drank a full glass of water and tried to organize my breath slowly. I’m well aware that I can’t back out now because Seungri needs my help and my pride is making me determined to keep doing this plan, I need to prove to Seunghyun what he said was wrong. Seungri didn't kill Zico and I had to prove to him that I was not that weak that I needed his protection.
 

Who do you think you are Seunghyun?!
 

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door several times. It was extremely loud. I was shocked and the same went to get the door with Seungri, the knock woke him up. We stared at each other. I was scared someone came to attack me, because I know for sure I'm not waiting for anyone.
 

" Hyung ... " said Seungri as he got up. I waved my hand to ask him to sit back and try to remain calm. I stepped to the door and looked at the monitor, there is someone standing in front of my door.
 

Omma?
 

I let out my breath and immediately opened the door. She glared at the sight of my face.
" Scallywag! " she cried and suddenly hit my with her bag many times.
 

" Yaaa!!! Omma!! " I screamed in pain but she didn't care. She continued to hit me and got into the apartment. Seungri looked confused then he bowed to her. My mother stopped hitting me when he saw Seungri and turned to me and gave me a confused expression. I rubbed my with a frown.
 

" This is my friend, Seungri ... , and Seungri this is my Omma .. " I introduced them. Seungri bowed again and my mother responded him.
 

" I need to talk to you! " my mother pulled my hand.
 

"What is it? Is it important? ' I sulked.
 

" Sorry.., I think I better leave... " Seungri looked very shy on me and my mother. Maybe he was also very surprised by my mother action who hit her own son without feeling. My mother smiled at him.
 

Don't trust her!
My mother is a monster!
 

" No need to ... , we can talk in my room. You can have breakfast first... " I said, smiling at Seungri. And he shot back with a nod.
 

My mother immediately pulled me into my bedroom and shut the door. I sat on the bed while she looked around my bedroom. My mother rarely come to my apartment, she doesn't really like the fact that I live alone. She prefers me staying at home with her and my father. But I'm too stubborn and continued to stay at my apartment, I want to be independent. And besides that I want to be free because if I stay with them at their house, my mother would always control me, my life and everything. Moreover, she is fuddy-duddy.
 

" Are you crazy?!! " she hit my head.
 

" Yaaa! Omma are you crazy!? Why do you keep hitting me? " I yelled.
 

" Don't yell at me!! I'm your Omma!! " He shouted so loud. I'm sure Seungri can hear us from out there. Maybe the whole building can hear her voice. I let out my breath. I did not know what to reply anymore , because she will always win .
 

"Okay.., what it is? Can't we talk calmly and nicely " I pouted.
 

"How can I talk to you nicely when your brain is gone from your head?! Why did you break up with Seunghyun?! " she looked pissed off.
 

Yeah ...
Of course!
 

" We never dated.., so it's not actually a break up " I shrugged my shoulders .
 

" Yaaaaa! He's your fiance idiot! Your future husband!" she hit me again, this time on my left arm.
 

" Omma!! It hurts !! Stop it! I never agreed to all this... , you and Seunghyun planned it without my agreement. I hate him! " I walked away from my mother and walked towards the window. My mother sighed. I could hear it clearly. I can feel her disappointment. Omma sat on the bed.
 

" What happened? Maybe it's just a misunderstanding Jiyong... " she said looking at me.
 

" He must have told you right? " I said biting my lip.
 

" Seunghyun didn't say anything to me. Earlier in the morning, his omma called me, she apologized to me and she said Seunghyun wanted to end this engagement. Seunghyun didn't say his reasons even to his own Omma. So.., we are sure that you both had a fight. Jiyong..., what's wrong? What happened? Both of you are starting to get close right? " my mother said. I turned away and stared out the window.
 

I'm confused Omma ...
Seunghyun fooled me ...
I don't know who he is? What are his intentions to me?
And how he's feeling towards me?
Do you really love me Hyunie?
 

" Omma ..., I think it's for the best.  And Seunghyun knows it too ... , this engagement will never work..., useless.... " I said. I know I have disappointed my mother by the decision that I made, but I can't risk my heart to fall for the wrong person. I don't want to get hurt again, I don't want to make anymore stupid choices. I had to find the right person for me that can make me happy forever. It seems like Seunghyun is not that person.
 

If he really cares about me ...
If he really loves me...
If he wants us to get married ...
He would fight for me right?
Not ... , just give up..
No Ji ...
It's not him ...


 


Me and Seungri arrived at Changmin's apartment. We stood inside the bedroom, in front of 2 very large bags that we put on the mattress from under the bed. Seungri opened those and found a lot of money were inside. We looked at each other. Seungri closed the bags again. My heart is pounding and my body is shaking. It's just a matter of an hour ahead.
Seungri tried to contact them and said that we had the money. They asked us to go to a night club.
According to what I've planned, I'll go to the club with those bags while Seungri using a rental car drives to a park near Han river.
My heart doesn't stop pounding and I am nervous as hell. I didn't stop praying, hoping that God will help me. I like being in the scene of an action movie, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter