Chapter 4~

Speed Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Leeteuk, we’re facing serious problems.” Sungmin gritted his teeth as a couple of children jumped out of the way of the speeding bus.


Leeteuk promised,”I’ll get you out of there, Sungmin.”



Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as three police cars and two bikes with officer’s swerved themselves in front of the bus, effectively clearing the road for them.

Sungmin offered a small smile in comfort and he mouthed,”Relax.. You’re doing a great job.”



“Sungmin?” Leeteuk spoke into the phone slowly.


Missing seeing the tip of Kyuhyun’s ears turn red Sungmin remarked,”I’m here, Teukie hyung.”



“Listen carefully..you’ve got an entrance coming up in a mile. But it’s got a real nasty turn.”



Sungmin scrunched up his eyebrows in distaste,” How nasty?”



Kyuhyun swallowed nervously and asked fervently,” What’s nasty?”











Looking back at the passengers, Sungmin bellowed while clutching the metal bar firmly to balance his weight.





“Everybody, we have a very sharp turn in one mile!”








Kyuhyun spluttered,” You mean at the construction site?!”





“Mr.Officer that’s a dead end!” Kyuhyun whimpered as his eyes flickered between Sungmin’s face and the police on the bikes, guiding them.








Sungmin leaned down closer to Kyuhyun and urged,” You can make it. Keep to your left.”








Kyuhyun shook his head and yelled,”Oh God, we’re gonna tip over!”





“We’re gonna tip over, Mr. Officer!” Kyuhyun looked into Sungmin’s eyes in frantic worry.



“You’re right. We’re gonna tip over.” Sungmin mumbled as his eyes widened in realization.





He roared while turning to the frightened passengers,” Everybody on the right side of the bus now!”


Zhoumi squeaked in surprise as he hurriedly stood up and scrambled to the right side of the bus.





Sungmin urged the frantic passengers to move,” As much as you can, please. Hurry up!”








Nari tightened her arms around Shindong with her eyes widening in fear as Kyuhyun screamed,” Hang on everyone!”




 Sungmin clutched the metal bar tightly and spoke hurriedly into the phone,”Hyung, please tell me you’ve cleared the site.”


“Mr.Officer!” Kyuhyun screamed as the sharp bend in the road came closer.




Sungmin wound his arms around Kyuhyun’s shoulders and placed them over the steering wheel.

“Hold on!” Kyuhyun yelled as the both of them swung the wheel as powerfully as they could.


Sungmin cursed softly as the bus tilted over on the right side as the speeding bus turned over the nasty turn.


“Oh God! Here we go. Here we go!” Kyuhyun screamed while completely leaning into the strong shoulders of the young LAPD cop as the duo wrestled against the momentum.

 

 

 


With sweat trickling down his neck, Sungmin gritted his teeth as the bus tipped over the right side slightly but much to his relief, the weight of the passengers seemed to balance the speeding bus again.


Kyuhyun exhaled shakily as the bus hit the side of an empty car, successfully making the ugly bend in the road.



A childish grin broke out his face and he cheered,” Oh my God!”



Looking up into Sungmin’s eyes, Kyuhyun beamed,” We did it! Is everybody alright back there?”


Zhoumi let out an unmanly squeak of relief as the bus sped steadily on the road. It was his first day in L.A and alas, here he was stuck on a bombed bus, battling for life and death.



Leeteuk commanded into the headphones,”Pilot, take me to the site.”


His eyes narrowed seeing the bus speeding ahead of the helicopter as the pilot made a landing on the site.




“Kangin, I want aerial units set up and the roads ahead must be completely free, got it?” Leeteuk commanded as the both of them ascended from the helicopter and proceeded to rush to the waiting car.

“Boss, the oversized load truck is ready.” Kangin remarked as they passed by the long stretch of the vehicle

“Let’s go Kangin-ah.” Leeteuk spoke grimly.
 


~~



Sungmin sighed in satisfaction as there were three policecars and two men on bikes, guiding the bus from the front and the behind. Looked like Leeteuk had kept his word after all.



Kyuhyun groaned softly as his gaze on the wide stretch of road ahead of the bus flickered. He grumbled while trying to shrug the coat off his shoulders.


“Ugh.” He groaned while glancing at the concentrated side profile of the young cop standing beside him.


“Hey-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter