Chapter 3~

Speed Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 03~

 

 

 

“Okay! We’ve got a bomb here. Pretty big.” Sungmin yelled with his head inside the access panel on the floor of the bus.


Zhoumi pressed the phone against his cheek and spoke,”He says there is a pretty big bomb.”







Sungmin added,”Brass fittings!”

“With brass fittings.” Zhoumi relayed to Henry.




Sungmin bellowed,”I think I can reach the circuit board.”

Zhoumi repeated,”He thinks he can reach the circuit wires.”




Henry sat up straight on his seat and murmured into the phone,”No no no. Dont, it’s a trap”


Zhoumi yelled urgently,”No no. It’s a trap.”



Kyuhyun pursed his lips anxiously as his eyes roamed over the young officer’s hunched back. He couldnt help but think that the man was way over his head.

 

Like wow.

 



All the while the only thing that plagued his mind was- please dont let him fall.



“No ing way.” came Sungmin’s surprised muffled voice.



Zhoumi stared at Sungmin as he smoothly maneuvered himself out of the access panel to safety, much to Kyuhyun’s relief.





Sungmin snatched the phone from Zhoumi’s grasp and exclaimed with air of urgency,”Henry, there is enough explosives to blow away an entire building.”




Henry scrunched up is eyebrowsin distaste,” Okay okay. Just stay calm, Sungmin. What else can you see?”



“Triggers to the bomb and a timer attached to a wristwatch.”





“A wristwatch you say?”




Kyuhyun swallowed nervously before calling out,”Mr.Officer!”





Sungmin briefly glance to Kyuhyun who had both of his arms clutching the steering wheel of the bus


Sungmin answered,”A cheap imitation of a gold wristwatch.”

 




Kyuhyun trembled slightly with his eyes glued to the gray expanse of the road.


Sungmin raised a hand motioning Kyuhyun to remain calm before squashing the phone to his cheek.



Kyuhyun pressed on urgently,”.  What do I do?”




“What are you thinking of, Henry?” Sungmin questioned.




“Officer, help!” Kyuhyun screamed.




Sungmin raised his head exasperatedly only to be caught by a fresh wave of horror.





The bus was approaching a long line of waiting cars..

 

In other words..





Traffic.





Kyuhyun yelled helplessly,”What do I do? Tell me what do I do?”




Sungmin’s eyes ran over the stretch of road before them, the gears of his mind quickly accessing the situation on hand.





Kyuhyun winced as the bus drove very close to a couple of pedestrians who scrambled out of the way of the incoming vehicle.




52 miles per hour.



The speed of the bus was decreasing slowly due to the unforseen traffic. And the moment it falls below 50 miles per hout, we know what would happen right?




Kyuhyun screamed with his eyes glazed in panic,”Stay on or get off?”





“Stay on or get off?!”





Sungmin wound his arms around the metal pole behind Kyuhyun to balance his weight as the bus swerved off course.



“Tell me now!” Kyuhyun yelled with his eyebrows scrunched together in worry.





Sungmin leaned over Kyuhyun’s hunched form at the steering wheel and exclaimed,”Off! Off!”





Zhoumi let out a small squeak of terror before rushing to sit down quickly.



Kyuhyun pursed his plump lips together,”Everybody hold on tight!”



Nari wrapped her arms around a wincing Shindong, and making sure she wasnt pressing into the bullet wounds, she held on firmly to the metal bar.
 



Sungmin brazed himself as Kyuhyun stepped down on the accelerator peddle and maneuvered the bus into the second lane.




“. Hold on!” Kyuhyun screamed as the bus hit the side of an empty parked car completely smashing the door.



“Mr.Officer! It’s red light!” Kyuhyun whimpered as his eyes widened at the traffic light blinking for the bus to stop.




51 miles pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter