Surprise

Meant to Be?

 

SURPRISE

Baekhyun’s phone rings at 6:30 and he’s just groaning and trying to find his phone. He doesn’t realize it’s a call and turns off the volume. The phone rings again and looks at the time.

 

Who the hell is calling at 6:30 in the morning?

 

“Hello?” Baekhyun’s tired voice answered.

“It’s snowing and there’s no school! Which means a WHOLE day with K-” Baekhyun hung up the phone knowing it was Kyungsoo and didn’t bother congratulating him. Baekhyun never feels bad for doing any of this stuff because in the end he knows he’ll always be Kyungsoo’s best friend. Through everything they’ve been through, this was far from bad.

 

“That jerk! He hung up on me! And everything we’ve been through!” Kyungsoo dialed Baekhyun’s number again. This time he picked up quite quickly.

 

“WHAT COULD YOU WANT WITH MY LONELY LIFE?!” Baekhyun was not kidding when he screamed over the phone.

“Well sorry someone has their up in a bundle. But didn’t you hear me?!”

“Yes lover boy, I heard you. Congrats, whoo. Can I go back to sleep now?”

“Come on get ready! I’m outside!”

“What?” Baekhyun looked outside his window, but couldn’t find Kyungsoo anywhere. “What’re you talking about? You’re not outside.”

“I meant outside your room.” Kyungsoo said as he was walking in.

“AH! Get out!” By this time they both hung up and Baekhyun threw his pillow at Kyungsoo.

“Why? I want to stay for a while! It’s lonely in my house!”

“I’m… umm not ready.” Baekhyun said with trouble.

“What do you mean? If you need help getting out then-“ Kyungsoo lifted Baekhyun’s sheets to realize he was sleeping without any clothes. Luckily for Kyungsoo and his eyes, Baekhyun was facing the wall. “Erm… I’m sorry about that…”

 

***~~~***

 

“You can’t give me any privacy can you?” Baekhyun finally finished dressing and walked downstairs to meet Kyungsoo waiting on the couch.

“You never told me you slept like that! How was I supposed to know?”

“It was too hot in my room yesterday and… And I can see now that you’re totally oblivious to what I’m saying.” Kyungsoo was just smiling and texting on his phone while Baekhyun went to go an air horn.

“HOLY…” Baekhyun gave it a loud push and Kyungsoo jumped off the couch and dropped his phone. Baekhyun couldn’t help, but laugh so hard.

“YAH! THAT WASN’T FUNNY!”

“Got you back from school!” Baekhyun stuck out his tongue and went into the kitchen to make some food.

“What’re you doing?”

“Making food… is that a crime?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and quickly ran into the kitchen.

“OH NO YOU’RE NOT!”

“Chillax, what’s your problem?” Baekhyun was reminded of the time he almost burned down his entire kitchen. “Oh… But that was-”

“Only a couple weeks ago…” Kyungsoo told Baekhyun to wait in the dining room while he prepared breakfast. While Kyungsoo was cooking, Baekhyun looked through Kyungsoo’s phone and looked at the messages between Kai and him.

 

Aw, you’re such a nice person! :)

 

I can’t wait to see you tomorrow!

 

Your hair seems really cool!

 

“Ew, this is so gross I want to gag.” Just as Baekhyun was about to put down Kyungsoo’s phone he saw an incoming message from Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol:

Can I talk to you about something… It’s gotten be thinking since last week…

 

Baekhyun thought back to last week and that was around the time when he met Chanyeol. This was his chance to find out.

 

Sure… what is it?

 

“And… send. That’s how the dork texts right…?” Baekhyun was now anxiously waiting for Chanyeol’s reply. And just as the phone rang with a text and Baekhyun went to pick it up, Kyungsoo snatched his phone from his hands.

“You want privacy, but you don’t give me privacy!”

“Ah, come on Kyungsoo! I wasn’t doing anything bad.”

“You texted Chanyeol…”

“He texted me first-”

“Back.” Baekhyun was so curious as to what Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo wouldn’t tell him.

“Come on, let’s eat.” Kyungsoo sighed and they made their way to the kitchen to grab the food.

 

***~~~***

 

As always, the two would always argue on who should clean the dishes. It was Baekhyun’s turn, but he didn’t think he should since Kyungsoo interrupted his sleep. But then Kyungsoo lashed back and argued about his phone situation. In the end, being the best friend that he is, Kyungsoo ended up cleaning the dishes.

“Heh, LOVE YOU!” Baekhyun screamed as he was dropping plates into the sink.

“I don’t love you.”

“Oh, right I’m not your Prince Jongin.”

“Shut up! I don’t love him…” Kyungsoo felt his cheeks feel a little hot.

“Say that like it’s the truth!” Baekhyun was smiling waiting for Kyungsoo to say that he didn’t love Kai. There was only silence in the air. Well, besides the running water and dishes being hit together.

“EXACTLY!”

“Ah, shut up and leave me alone already!”

“What’re you so worked on? You’ve got your chance with Kai and I’ve got zit with Chanyeol so far.”

“You have some chance. Remember the lunch incident?” Baekhyun looked back to that and how protective Chanyeol was of Baekhyun.

“Maybe you’re right, but it’s whatever. Too long ago.”

“Baek, it was yesterday…”

“Your point…?” Kyungsoo finally finished up with cleaning up the dishes and the kitchen and just threw the apron and towels to Baekhyun.

“Hey what was that for?!”

“Throw these in the laundry would you?”

“Sure thing... I’m glad I didn’t have to clean dishes.” Kyungsoo let out a breath now that he’s finally finished cleaning up everything. He checked his phone to text Kai back, but noticed his phone was still on his conversation with Chanyeol.

 

Sure… what is it?

 

It’s about Baekhyun…

 

--------------------

OH SNAP! Wonder what’s going to happen next. ;D