Past

Meant to Be?

PAST

 

***~~~FOUR YEARS AGO~~~***

 

"Awe that's so cute of you! You know liking your best friend doesn't always end well, right?" 

"I know and that's why I don't want this happening!" 

"What made you start liking him?" 

"Well we were hanging out and then I just realized how much it is to be around him and... I saw how cute he can be..." 

"Baekhyun... This is your best friend. Maybe you're just having brotherly feelings." 

"Is that possible? What is it like anyways?"

"I don't know, but maybe over time you'll get over it. If you need any help, I'm always here." 

"Thanks Myungsoo." Baekhyun smiled and got up. He turned around and bumped into Kyungsoo. 

"Kyungsoo! I-uh, I'm so sorry!" Baekhyun looked back and forth between the two boys. He quickly ran away from the scene and Kyungsoo had a confused look on his face. 

"What's wrong with Baekhyun?" 

"Who knows..." Myungsoo shrugged. 

 

***~~~***

 

Baekhyun slowly began waking up to the sound of God of War being played in the background. He looked around and noticed that he was at home and on his bed. Chanyeol was sitting on a computer chair. Baekhyun took a note of the time, but couldn't find a clock so he looked outside and noticed that the sun had set already. 

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun said in his tired and deep voice. Chanyeol paused his game and immediately turned to Baekhyun. Chanyeol hopped off his chair and onto Baekhyun's side. 

"Sup babe? You slept well?"

"Weren't we at the mall?" 

"We were... But you fell asleep during the movie, remember?" Baekhyun looked back and remembered them watching a movie and slowly falling asleep. He didn't realize he would be asleep until he got home. 

"How did I get here?" Baekhyun repositioned himself to facing Chanyeol and hugging him. Baekhyun placed his head on Chanyeol's chest and absorbed the warmth that radiated off of his boyfriend. 

"This giant carried you." Baekhyun smiled, but Chanyeol couldn't see. 

"Thank you." The latter kissed his boyfriend's head and smiled as well. 

"You're welcome. I love you." For some reason, Baekhyun's stomach exploded with butterflies more so than it usually did. 

"I love you too." 

 

***~~~***

 

Baekhyun had finished washing up and was waiting for Chanyeol to finish. While he was waiting, he wondered about Myungsoo and Min.

 

I wonder what happens both times I left…

 

Baekhyun took out his phone and texted Myungsoo.

 

To: Myungsoo

 

So what happened after I left?

 

Baekhyun went on to check notifications he had missed during the day. All seemed like normal, nothing new popped up. He tossed his phone aside to grab a shirt to put on. After putting on his favorite blue sleeping shirt, his phone rang and he walked over to see the notification. It was from Myungsoo.

 

From: Myungsoo

 

I just told her that she can’t be getting mad at you for that. I was honest and told her that she was acting like one. At first she was mad, but she calmed down after a while.

 

To: Myungsoo

 

I see… What happened five years ago? Did you do the same thing?

 

Chanyeol finished showering and walked in. Baekhyun wasn’t ready to see a shirtless Chanyeol and by the looks of it, he had been working out.

“Wow… You’re hot.” Chanyeol’s pale cheeks immediately turned red and he turned around to hide his face. “Hey hottie, turn back around. I wanna see that body.” Chanyeol covered his face and shook his head.

“Baekkie stop it! You’re making me-” Baekhyun back hugged Chanyeol and went on his tip toes to kiss the giant’s neck. 

“You shouldn’t hide that body…” Baekhyun nibbled on Chanyeol’s earlobe, which made the giant moan. 

“Let me… get dressed first…” Baekhyun let go and laughed.

“Alright, you have fun with that.” Baekhyun’s phone rang once again and he went over to check it.

 

From: Myungsoo

 

I just told her to not overreact and that was it. I guess hugging her made her calm down… It was gross!

 

Baekhyun chuckled and tossed his phone aside to turn around to his boyfriend who was checking himself out in the mirror.

“And who’re you trying to impress this late at night?”

“If I was trying to impress someone I wouldn’t be wearing this shirt right now.” It was now Baekhyun’s turn for his face to turn red.

“Uh… yeah sure.” Chanyeol turned around and jumped on the bed, which also caused Baekhyun to be crushed by the giant.

“Yah! You’re not light you know!” The giant laughed in his deep voice and pinned the smaller boy down on the bed. Baekhyun’s heart was racing because he knew things would get intimate from here. Chanyeol leaned in to kiss Baekhyun’s neck and lips. He went down a little to nibble on Baekhyun’s collarbones, which made Baekhyun moan even more. Suddenly Chanyeol stopped and got back up. He had a thinking face, but it quickly went away following his actions to get off of Baekhyun. Now Baekhyun was confused.

“What’s wrong?” 

“You have to tell me something.” 

“Wh-what?”

“What actually happened when you were away today?” 

“I…” Baekhyun sighed and continued. He told the story from when he picked up the toy to when Myungsoo grabbed Min. He told Chanyeol about the incident five years ago and how it was very similar to this. 

“Wow, after five years, you guys still do the same routine.” 

“It’s only happened twice, so I don’t know if you want to call it a routine.” 

“Say, what does that toy make you think of anyway? You said it gives you an empty feeling right?”

“Oh! Well see I used to like this person back in the day… I gave it to Myungsoo once, but then I was going to give it to someone else.”

“Who is this someone else?” 

“Uh… It was…” 

“Don’t lie because I know when you’re lying.”

 

Crap… What do I say?

 

“Alright, just don’t tell him alright?”

“Because I know your friends other than Kyungsoo and Jongin.” Baekhyun nervously chuckled. 

“Um… Yeah, so you promise!”

“Yeah…” 

“It was… Kyung…”

“Oh…” Baekhyun immediately sensed negative emotions coming from Chanyeol.

“Wait… Did I say something wrong? It’s in the past.” 

“No, it’s nothing…” 

“Chanyeol, please tell me what’s wrong.” Chanyeol let out a sigh.

“Alright… You have an empty feeling because of Kyungsoo? What about… me? What am I to you?”

 

--------------------

It’s not much of a cliffhanger, but I hope it was enough. Haha, I hope you guys liked that. =D I’ll be sure to make things more juicy, but for now small drama.