Preparation

Meant to Be?

PREPARATION 

 

“Did you get Baekhyun’s text message?” Jongin put his phone in his pocket and waited for Kyungsoo to reply.

“I did… What do you think? You want to go?”

“I mean… I don’t have anything to do. Do you?”

“Of course not, you know how ‘busy’ I am all the time.” Jongin chuckled and wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo.

“So I guess we’ll tell him that the camping trip is a definite yes.” Kyungsoo nodded and rested his head on Jongin’s chest. They looked out the window to the beautiful river and just enjoyed the fresh smell of spring.

 

***~~~***

 

“Luhan!” Luhan snapped back to realization.

“Wh-what?”

“What’s wrong with you? You’re zoning out so much.” 

“Sorry, that girl. She just looks familiar and I feel like she’s been mentioned somewhere before.” 

“Do you like her?” Sehun began worrying.

“What?” 

“Do you like the girl?” 

 

Please say no. Please say no!

 

“Of course not!” 

 

Oh thank God.

 

“Do you like anyone?” Sehun was now curious on Luhan’ love life.

“I don’t think so…”

 

Does he think I like him? Am I being too obvious?

 

“What do you mean you don’t think so?” Sehun was ready to jump off his seat, “You have to know if you like somebody!” 

“Well you can’t just always tell you know! It takes time!” 

“So that means you’re seeing someone!” Luhan just shook his head.

“Why don’t you tell me something about yourself! You know more about me than I know about you!” Sehun was stepped back by this. He didn’t know what to say because he was afraid the truth might spill out.

“I don’t like anyone at the moment.” Sehun then started to settle down, “I did like someone before… Love… Almost.” Luhan was confused, he wanted to know more.

“Almost? What happened.” Sehun sighed and looked down, “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to… I know how it feels like getting your heart crushed.”

“I’ll tell you. I had this really close friend of mine. We were always together and always having skinship and what not. One day… He-”

“He? You like guys?” 

 

! What if he doesn’t?! I knew I should’ve never said anything!

 

“Did I say ‘he?’ I meant ‘she!’” Sehun laughed it off nervously.

“Oh… alright, continue.” Luhan suddenly looked sad, which obviously worried Sehun.

“Hey, what’s wrong? I didn’t hurt your feelings did I?”

“No, it’s fine. I have to go now… I promised my mom I would be back by 1. Bye Sehun.” Luhan quickly walked out the cafe before Sehun got a chance to say goodbye.

“Bye…” Sehun pulled out his phone and texted Luhan.

 

To: Luhannie

 

I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings with anything. If I did… Please let me know? :(

 

Luhan was halfway home before checking his phone again.

 

From: Oh Sehun

 

I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings with anything. If I did… Please let me know? :(

 

Luhan sighed and continued walking home with tears running down his face. When he finally got home, his mother wondered why his eyes were red and his face was wet. Luhan said that he just watched a movie. He walked upstairs to his room and dropped onto his bed. Stuffing his face in his pillow, he began to let out the feeling of another “rejection.”

 

***~~~***

 

“That’s really odd. I don’t know what I did! Gah!!!” Sehun was shouting in his room and thinking of all the possibilities of why Luhan looked so upset. He suddenly had an idea going over Luhan’s house to apologize directly, but he immediately took that thought back. 

 

What if he isn’t mad at me… Then what?

 

Sehun couldn’t stop thinking about the situation. He heard his phone vibrate and ran up to it as fast as he could. It was a text from Luhan.

 

From: Luhannie

 

It’s fine. I’ll talk to you later.

 

Sehun’s heart dropped. By the tone of that message, it didn’t seem like Luhan wanted to talk at all. Sehun just spread himself out on his bed and sighed. Looking up at his ceiling, he wondered what he could do to make the boy he likes like him back. 

 

***~~~***

 

Two days have passed since everyone had been doing their own thing and the camping trip was near. It was only one more day until the trip and Baekhyun was more excited than ever. Chanyeol was finding Baekhyun’s excitement to be the cutest thing ever. 

“I can’t wait to go! I get to spend time with you outdoors!” 

“You don’t appreciate time with me indoors?” 

“You always have some counter argument don’t you?” Chanyeol chuckled and hugged his boyfriend.

“You love me. Anyways, let’s get ready. Kyungsoo, Jongin, and Jessica will be here any minute.” The three of them had to come over and sleep at Chanyeol’s house because they all agreed to leave early in the morning in one car. Chanyeol’s car was the biggest and he lived the closest to the park. 

 

***~~~***

 

“No messages for two days. I’m so dead.” Sehun was a complete mess. He had not eaten in two days and he was constantly near his phone waiting for a reply from Luhan. He wanted to text Luhan first, but didn’t know if it was the right thing to do. Sehun finally caved in and decided to go for it.

 

To: Luhannie

 

Hey… you alright? :( We haven’t talked in two days.

 

Luhan replied back instantly.

 

From: Luhannie

 

Sorry. I’ve been busy. I’ll see you tomorrow on the trip.

 

To: Luhannie

 

Does this mean you’re busy today, too?

 

From: Luhannie

 

Yep.

 

Sehun wasn’t sure what to feel. He was really excited to go camping with Luhan, but he was also really worried about the condition of their friendship. Sehun was not the only one waiting anxiously for tomorrow, so was Baekhyun and his group. 

 

***~~~***

 

“Luhan, are you alright? You don’t look very happy. You haven’t smiled in two days!” Luhan’s mother was worrying about her son.

“I’m fine mama. I’m just tired.”

“Why don’t you sleep? You’re on that chair in your room 24/7 playing video games.” Luhan faked a smile and walked back upstairs to his depressing room. 

 

I’ll see you tomorrow Sehun…

 

He looked outside at the sunsetting and was amazed at how beautiful it was. Luhan started to get emotional and let the tears roll down his face. He wasn’t sure what to do about the inevitable thing called love. Time after time, he was faced with rejection and it didn’t seem like there was anyway of avoiding it. 

 

I’ll have to tell Sehun tomorrow. Maybe I can lie and say I’m moving. Sorry Sehun, I don’t want to- I can’t see you anymore. 

 

--------------------

I have such a dramatic idea for the next few chapters! I can’t wait to write them and share them with you!