Giving In

Destructive Satisfaction

Key's POV

"What? Are you insane?" I shouted to the group of younger boys. I raised my fist to punish them but lowered it to hear their excuse.

"W-We didn't know he was your friend. Honestly." They all shook their heads. "We didn't think he'd be Onew's and your friend at the same time..."

"How bad did you hurt him?" I took a step closer to him so they didn't lie.

"Just a punch to the head." They saw the anger cross my face and added, "N-Not that hard though."

"I'll let it go this time." I said through my teeth. "But if you ever hurt Taemin again I'll have Minho do the job. And the target's will be you."

"N-Neh." They all nodded and did a 90 degree bow before rushing off.

Ch. So Taemin was protecting Onew now? I had to speed things up a bit.

Why did it bother me so much that Taemin had gotten hurt though? Aish. Kibum don't even think that way. It's not true. It's not true.

Whatever. All bad thoughts aside, Taemin will be throwing himself at me by tonight.

Taemin's POV

Onew had told me to stay away from Key.

But why did that make me want to be around him?

I trusted Onew. He wouldn't lie to me. Onew was a good guy... So why would I want to betray him?

"Taemin~" I heard someone sing behind me. I turned around. I had just exited the school and started walking home. No one else knew me but Onew and Key. This wasn't Onew's voice.

"Hi Key." I said, pretending not to be interesting. Although I was enjoying his company.

"Do you want to hang out today?" Key asked. He seemed really happy...

"Oh, um." I bit my lip and remembered Onew's words. "Some people are at my apartment right now... Doing stuff."

I facepalmed mentally. There was no way he would buy that.

"Really?" Key cocked his head to the side and he smiled. What an idiot. "Come to my house then. No one's home right now."

"It's okay. Really. I just-" I started but Key had already opened the passenger door for me.

When had we reached his car?

I sighed and climbed in. Onew wouldn't have to know about this. Calm down, Taemin. He won't find out. Just this one time. He's probably wrong about Key anyway.

As Key backed out I saw the worst thing possible.

Onew was staring at the car. Key's car. He had a worried look on his face and I sunk down in my seat as his eyes turned to a glare. The windows were tinted dark enough, right? He hadn't seen me go in, right?

I'm sorry Onew Hyung.

"So Taemin." Key spoke and I forgot about my guilt. Key smiled prettily and looked over at me, "Have you thought about what I said yesterday?"

"Oh..." I felt my face heat up dramatically. My voice came out softer than expected, "Yes... I have."

"And?" Key raised an eyebrow to the road.

"What do you want me to say, Hyung?" I'd called him Hyung on accident and a hand flew up to cover my mouth. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

"Hm." Key smirked. "Well. Do you like me?"

"Um..." I bit my lip and turned my head to look out the window. Why did I want to say yes? Maybe I liked him more than I thought. Was I just denying my feelings because I felt like it would make Onew disappointed?

"I like you a lot, Taemin-ah." Key murmured as he turned a corner.

"Y-You do?" I asked to the window. I always blushed madly whenever I was around Key.

"Yes. I really want you to like me as much as I like you." He said in a voice that made me believe him.

"I like you, Hyung." I heard my voice say these words.

Don't give in, Taemin. He's just trying to mess with you. Onew's words ran through my head a second too late.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me." Key sincerely smiled. Onew must be lying. Key would never hurt anyone intentionally.

Key took a hand off the wheel and grabbed the hand that was resting on my leg. I looked up at Key. Why did I feel guilty?

It didn't matter. I pushed aside the guilt and enjoyed the warmth of Key's hand against my own.

So I had given in. Onew didn't have to know. No one would have to know. Not a soul would know that I had weakly and so easily given in. Truthfully, I wouldn't care if they knew. Because I was happy for once. Key wasn't going to hurt me.