Blush

Destructive Satisfaction

Taemin's POV

"No, it's okay if we go to my place. No one's home right now." I assured Key who seemed a bit skeptical about the whole idea..

"Hm, kay. I'll drive." Key agreed stopping by a car I'd noticed when I had arrived at the school.

I didn't know much about cars... but I could tell this one wasn't inexpensive. It was something like this:

"Well, get in." Key said as he ducked into the car. I might have seen a smirk on his face before he disappeared, hidden by the tinted windows.

"This is really your car?" I asked as I climbed in, admiring the interior. I'd never been in a car this nice.

"No, this is just to drive to school. You know, for show." He explained, that same smirk on his face, "My usual car is a bit less flashy."

"You have two cars?" I was trying not to seem that impressed but I was finding it difficult. Key started backing out of his parking space.

"No, I have three. The last one isn't very pretty, more for traveling." He informed me nonchalantly. Three cars? God, was there anything this guy didn't have?

"So where do you live?" Key asked once he exited the school boundries.

"Just go straight and take the fourth right..." I told him, imagining the path in my head. "After that go straight for a bit and my place will be on the left."

"Sounds easy enough." Key murmured, counting the turns as he sped up.

"Hey... Key?" I said before I even knew what I was about to ask.

"Hm?" He I felt his eyes on me.

"Why do you want to be my friend? I mean... you don't seem like the kind of guy to do this often. And I'm nothing special." I'd been wondering this ever since he asked me to hang out with him before study hall.

"You're right." Key said, then he sighed. "I've never asked anyone to keep me company this way. But there's something about you that a just can't figure out... you could take that as some sort of compliment I guess."

That made enough sense. I felt Key take the right I had instructed him to do.

"Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with Onew?" I blurted out before I could think and I had to stop a hand from flying up to cover my stupid mouth. I noticed Key tighten his grip around the steering wheel, knuckles going white. He waited to relax before he answered.

"Jinki and I..." Key thought it through so he wouldn't give anything away. "Have a history. It's not important though. What's in the past should be forgotten."

"If you don't deal with it though it's going to come back sometime." I whispered, staring at the road disappearing beneath me.

"Yes, I know. But I'll be ready." Key promised. "And hopefully... you'll be on my side when that time comes."

I began to open my mouth to ask what he was talking about when the car slowed to a stop.

"Here?" Key asked, looking at my apartment complex. It was the only buliding around where you could really live.

"Oh... yes." I confirmed as Key opened the car doors with a button.

Key jumped out and stood in front of my apartment building, just looking at it.

"You live in an apartment?" Key asked as he turned back to look at me, I walked over to stand beside him.

"Yeah..." Was that bad?

"How many people live with you then?" Was he really thinking I was poor? I laughed to myself. He probably would just leave right now if I said my whole family lived in this small place.

"Just me, don't worry. My parents live in North America."

"You live alone? Really?" Key raised his eyebrows. Then he muttured, "No wonder your English is so good."

"Oh, yeah. Sorry for correcting you there in class." I apologized. Not like I needed to, it just felt approperiate. Plus, I didn't want to remember that glare he was giving me.

"It's nothing..." Key said softly, looking around.

"Want to go in?" I started walking towards the entrance. "It's not really much since I'm here temporarily but it's enough."

I heard Key lightly start up the stairs behind me. I dug in my pocket for my keys and brought them out right when I reached the door.

"How long are you here in Korea?" Key asked as I unlocked the door.

"The whole school year. If I get good grades that can be extended." I opened the door.

"Great!" Key smiled at me and took a few steps so he was in the door way, facing me, he put his arm on my shoulder. "That's enough time for us to become friends, right?" He flashed me another smile before turning and walking in.

Friends? So he really wanted to be friends? Okay. That could work.

"We just better not tell Onew." I thought I'd said to myself as I walked in, shutting the door behind me.

"Right!" Key answered. He seemed to completely let his guard down away from school. He ran up to me and hugged me, "We're going to be such great friends Taemin! I just know it."

He released me as I nodded in agreement, my cheeks getting hot.

"Hey, why do you always do that?" Key asked as he stared at my face.

"Do what?" I wasn't sure what he was talking about.

"You always blush like that." He pointed out.

"Oh, you noticed?" I said, putting my hands over my cheeks to somehow hide it.

"See." He pointed at me. "You're doing it right now and I didn't even do anything."

"Sorry. It happens a lot." I removed my hands from my face, feeling foolish.

"Hmm... I wonder..." Key ducked down so we were eye to eye. He kept mumbling incoherent things as he studied me. Then he brought his hands up and cupped my cheeks, still looking into my eyes; his own eyes narrowed.

Of course I felt my cheeks heat up again. Key must of felt it too because he smirked.

"Cute." He murmured as he straighted his posture and ruffled my hair.

Key's POV

This kid was more dangerous than I thought he was. A few seconds ago when I was looking into his eyes I almost gave in.

Did I really want to play this game just to get back at Jinki?

I ran my hand through my hair and looked back at Taemin who was still blushing madly in the corner. He was too cute.

Ah, I couldn't be thinking these thoughts. I had to remember what happened last time. Why did it have to be this kid that got along with Jinki? Why not some guy that wasn't cute or- Ahhhh.

I found myself walking back to him and bending down to his eye level.

"Taemin..." I cocked my head to the side. And asked the question I'd asked a million girls but I was serious this time, "Do you like me?"

His eyes widened in shock at my question. Why did I ask that? Well, I couldn't say nevermind now. I was curious to what he would say. But what if he said yes?

I waited for his answer in the silence, but he didn't say anything. He just looked at me and blushed more.

"It's okay if you do. A lot of people do." I said to make him feel better. Ch. This guy liked me? It was usually a burden with girls and stuff... but I didn't mind this. I turned around again to walk away but I heard Taemin start to speak, stopped me when my back was turned.

"Why are you asking?" He said in that quiet voice. "Do you like me?"

I turned around and looked at him. My lips started to say no but then I got the best idea.

The best way to get revenge on Jinki.

What better way then make Taemin my lover?

It was all too easy.

I put my hands on my knees and got as close to Taemin's burning face as possible.

"Yes." I said clearly and tilted my head to the side. "I like you."