I Like You

Destructive Satisfaction

Taemin's POV

"I like you." Key said softly, his sweet breath hitting my face.

"W-What?" I stuttered, leaning away so I could think straight.

"You like me too. Am I wrong?" He smiled at me confidently.

"I'm not sure." I turned my attention to the floor. His gaze made it harder for me to think through this correctly. I couldn't even tell if he was being serious.

"You'll admit it sooner or later." Key promised me and tried to get me to look into his dangerous eyes again. He laughed, "I should get going."

He lifted his head up and started to walk around me to the door, but he stopped when he got next to me. I froze, not prepared for what he would do next. He bent down so his lips were next to my ear.

"See you tomorrow Taemin." He whispered gently, his breath hot on my ear. I felt his lips graze my lob.

Then I heard the door click gently behind him.

Key's POV

"So how'd it go?" Minho asked me, I'd dropped by his house on the way home. For some reason my head had been spinning ever since I left Taemin's.

"What go?" I pretended as if I didn't know what he was referring to.

I played with my keys, we were sitting by Minho's pool, sun glinting on the surface of the soft water. The keys reflected the intense sunlight.

"Taemin. Are you friends now?" Minho took a sip of his coke and then I felt his eyes on me, awaiting an answer.

"Well... I told him I liked him." I focused on the keys that were blinding me every time I rotated them. Minho froze mid drink and I could tell he was thinking. He took the can from his lips and just looked at me for a while.

"What kind of like?" I turned my face away from him to hide my smile, he leaned forward in his seat to see what I was hiding. "Kim Kibum... God, no."

I looked over at him once I was composed and he was pinching the bridge of his nose and shaking his head slowly.

"You've done a lot of things, Kibum." He sighed and threw his head back. "A lot of those things were stupid. But this is just insane. What were you thinking?"

"Ch. It's not that bad." I told him. He needed to stop overreacting.

"You say that now..." Minho breathed out slowly. "But what if he falls in love with you? Is it bad then?"

"He won't, don't worry about it. I got it all-"

"Don't you dare say you've got it under control, Kibum." There goes Minho, trying to act like my consciense again. Sometimes I really hated this guy.

"It can't get that bad, okay?"

"Him falling for you isn't the worst that can happen..." Minho said quietly, watching the pool's surface move with the light breeze.

"No. Don't say that. It won't happen." I said clearly, I couldn't believe where he was going with this.

"It could happen, Kibum. You could fall for him too. Especially with that thing with Onew and-"

"Minho." I cut him off, my hands clenched into fists in my lap. I talked in clipped sentences, "I told you I didn't want to hear about that ever again."

"That whole thing was your fault, Key. You overreacted. Onew didn't do anything. He just said the truth at the wrong time, you can't-"

"He's not supposed to know." I closed my eyes and pressed my fingers to my temples and thought for a couple minutes, trying to calm myself. It didn't work. I stood up and faced Minho, "You weren't supposed to know! No one was! Now my parents, you, and Jinki know! I didn't want anyone to know! It's been three years, why can't you let it go?!"

Tears stung my eyes and I turned myself to face the grass, not letting him see me cry. Not even my best friend was allowed to see me like this.

"You aren't perfect, Kibum!" I heard Minho stand up behind me. "You have to stop being perfect and just be weak for once."

"When have I ever said I was perfect? All chances of me being that were ruined by Jinki." I said coldly, my back to him.

"Jinki just happened to be able look past your whole image. I'm not surprised... Considering he's your-"

"Shut up Minho!" I shouted. This was too much at once. I was shaking from the rage coursing through my veins. "Stop bringing up the past, there's a reason it's in the past."

"Then what about right now?" Minho took a step towards my trembling form. "You can't toy with Taemin's feelings just to hurt Jinki."

"Who said I can't?" I spat, I didn't want to hear any of this.

"Okay, fine. Do whatever you want. But don't come crying to me when you fall in love with the kid." Minho's voice faded into a whisper.

"I won't." I gripped the keys in my hand, the blades pushing into my palm. Then I turned to walk towards my car. "That's a promise."

Author's Notes

Slowly progressing >.< Not too happy with this right now. I'll try to make it better.

Read my FT Island fanfic?

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/36300/one-more-look-ftisland-hongki-jaejin-jonghun-minhwan-seunghyun-