"Don't make me go back there".

Hiding the Monster [ hiatus - imsorrysubs. i promise to get back to this ]

The next morning, Sehun woke up, scrunching his eyes to the sunlight that shined through a window on the roof of the garage. He had a small headache, and he felt himself lying on a hard and cold surface. It took him a moment to slowly open his eyes and look around. He slowly sat up as he continued to observe his surrounding. Boxes of all sizes and a few chairs were around the small room.

Wondering where he was, he had yawned and stretched, only to feel a sharp pain in his shoulder. That's when he remembered what happened last night. He blinked and examined his treated wounds, not knowing any more of what happened after he out, where he was and why he was half . 

The door in front of him creaked open, causing him to shoot his head up and look to see who it was. That's when you had peeked in.

"O-oh, y-you're awake." You said softly and cautiously stepped inside. 

He looked away from you, feeling shy under your stare. He wasn't used to being alone with anybody that wasn't EXO. Staring down at the blanket that covered his legs in front of him, he didn't know his eyebrows had furrowed and his cold stare was back. Though you could see it, you  ignored it. 

"I guess you might be surprised waking up here, but I was pretty surprised when I nearly ran you over," you spoke with a joking manner. You slowly kneeled down beside him to place a glass of water on the ground next to him. After letting out a soft chuckle, you looked at him. "How are you feeling? I didn't hit you too bad, did I?"

When he didn't answer nor look at you, you blinked in the silence and just decided to continue. 

"Your family must be worrying about you.. I should probably call someone to come get you. Sehun, right? I'm- "

"I know who you are." Surprised, you were cut off by Sehun's voice, quiet but firm. You stared at him for another pause of silence. He still didn't look at you, so you slowly nodded. 

"Alllrigghttyy then... Who should I call-"

"Don't." He cut you off again. ".. Don't make me go back there." 

"W-What?" You weren't sure if you were hearing him correctly. 

"They'll find me... " His voice trailed off and he shook his head. 

"B-But I can't keep you here.. Y-you can't stay here-". You weren't understanding what he was talking about. You didn't understand what he was asking from you. 

"Please." This time he turned his head to look directly at you. He looked into your eyes with a soft stare that you didn't think Sehun can do. You felt your gaze lock with his. You stared back at him for a while, until you looked away first. You were beginning to feel obligated to let him stay, like you couldn't say no. What else am I supposed to do? 

"O-okay fine, but how long are you going to stay here? How am I supposed to hide you? What happened-"

"Eunmi." He cut you off by saying your name. You looked at him to meet eyes with him again. The way that sounded from his voice... that was like a ringing to my ears.. What.. "Just don't let them find me," he spoke again. He didn't answer your question, but when he brought his knees up to rest his elbows against them and buried his hands in his hair, you figured not to ask much anymore. 

You carefully sat down next to him. "What.. happened? To you, I mean," you asked softer this time. 

When he had brought his head back up, he contemplated whether or not to actually tell you. He decided not to tell you everything, but he would tell you what seemed necessary. 

"Well .. I, hm.. I live with EXO. Even though none of us are related, we all live together.. for reasons.. such as, our families are just connected in .. certain ways." He spoke as if he was planning his words carefully. However, you had just shrugged it off, thinking it could have been about marriages among the families. "There was .. this disagreement between me and EXO. So I .. ran away." He nodded. He wasn't lying, but he wasn't exactly telling you everything. 

"You.. ran away.. because of a disagreement?" You looked at him incredulously. 

He huffed a sigh in frustration and shook his head. "Not just a disagreement. I don't.. I just- .. I don't want to be.. what I am. I don't want to be what they all like being. I-". He shakes his head again and lets out a soft but frustrated growl, shutting his eyes and trying to calm himself down. You felt helpless when you could only stare at him in worry. 

You softly muttered an okay, telling him it was alright and that he can stay. You would try your best to hide him, only because it seemed so sincere the way he looked at you, and because you thought of how scared he seemed.

"Eunmi??" Both of you jumped in shock hearing your mother's voice from outside the open garage door. Both of you stared at each other and panicked. You told Sehun to stay put as you ran outside to find your mother on her way to the garage, shutting the door behind you. "Y-yes, Mom?"

"What are you doing in the garage?" she looked at you as you came up to her.

"O-Oh, I was just looking for something I forgot to unpack from one of the boxes." You nodded, mostly to yourself and mentally patting your back for a good answer.

"Oh, okay, well put a sweater on, it's cold in there. I'm taking Eunhee to her doctor's appointment now, are you going to be okay?" She turned away from the garage and back towards the house.

"Oh, yeah!  Of course, go ahead.. I've got some.. homework to do anyway." You nodded as you followed her back inside the house, following her and your little sister out the front and towards the car. You ruffled your sister's hair before they got into the car and drove away. You waited for them to disappear down the road before running back to the garage and finding Sehun still on the ground. You looked at him for a moment, taking note of his bandaged but bare chest. 

"Hm, w-why don't you come inside for some food?" You grinned softly and gestured towards your house.