"Thank you".

Hiding the Monster [ hiatus - imsorrysubs. i promise to get back to this ]

"Hm, w-why don't you come inside for some food?" You grinned softly and gestured towards your house. You waited as he hesitated for a moment, but when he got up, you led him inside. He had followed you through your house and into your room, looking around cautiously as you looked through your closet for some of your father's old clothes that you kept. "These were my father's.. before he passed. I like to wear them in the winter.." You handed him the clothes and directed him to the bathroom, suggesting that he take a shower.. 

As Sehun was in the shower, you had gone into the kitchen to make brunch for the both of you. He got out of the bathroom right when you started to put food on two separate plates. When he walked into the kitchen, you couldn't help but look him over.  His hair was wet and tousled, and the clothes were a nice fit on him. H-hey, he's actually looks kind of cute ...

"W-where do I .. put this?" He held out your gym pants that was bunched together in his hand.

"Oh, I'll take those," you grinned and walked over to take it from him. "Go ahead and eat." You gestured towards the food on the table before you disappeared up the stairs and into your room to put the pants in your laundry. 

Sehun slowly made this way over to the table, and slowly sank down into a seat that had a plate full of food in front of it. He looked down at the plate, taking note of the pancakes, eggs, sausages, and bacon in front of him, before looking at the stairs you had gone up. Did she really do all this for me? He looked back at the food before slowly taking a fork and putting a piece of sausage into his mouth. He felt touched that you would offer him clothes and even cook for him, despite knowing him for a short while. He only asked for you to hide him. He wasn't expecting hotel treatment. 

You came back down and noticed that half of his plate was already empty. He didn't say anything as you came down, and since you couldn't think of anything to say, the two of you ate in silent. 

After a couple minutes, Sehun broke the silence. "Thank you.." You looked up from your plate and at him, who slowly looked up from his to look at you back. "Thank you for letting me stay.. a-and for being so kind to me.." He looked back down at his plate before shyly putting a piece of egg into his mouth. You couldn't help yourself when you blushed at his sincerity.

"Y-you're welcome." 

After another silence, you broke it this time. "What are you going to do about school?" You looked at him when you asked him. You wondered if this meant that he would have to go to school from your house, if it meant he was to show up to school with you. You thought of how unusual that would seem to everyone at school. But then your wonders stopped when Sehun sighed.

"I don't want to go back there either. If I go back to the school, EXO will find me and take me home. I won't go home." He stared at his plate as he spoke. You could feel the slight tension in the air, even if you didn't understand why. He sighed again. "It'll be fine. Missing school isn't that big of a deal. I know all I could need already."

You realized now that you would have to keep Sehun a secret from everybody. You couldn't tell your family, you couldn't tell Haneul, and you couldn't let EXO find out. 

 

After a while later, it was still silent while you were washing dishes. You had your back to Sehun, wondering what he was thinking about, because when you turned to look at him, he was spaced out. When you turned back to wash the dishes, you took the moment to think to yourself. Sehun really is quiet. We didn't talk much. He didn't say much, but when he did ... Why do I feel like there's something more to what he says? Like he talks in code or something... 

The majority of the evening consisted of you two talking. The both of you had to come up with a plan that would both hide him and keep him well at the same time. You talked about how your sister would leave for school before you did and your mother would leave for work a while after you. You told him that he could come inside for food after everyone was out, but to be careful. 

"Okay, that's fine with me.. I'll just -" Sehun stopped mid sentence and his head turned towards the living room. You blinked in confusion, staring at him until he explained, "Someone just drove in." Then you heard a car door shut. Your eyes widened as you realized that your mother and sister were back home. You got up from your seat, rushed around the table and pulled Sehun up from his before you pushed him up the stairs and into your room. Feeling panicked, you shoved Sehun into your closet and closed the door. Just in case..

You quickly rushed out to greet your family. "Back already? That was a short appointment," you said, trying not to sound suspicious.

"It was just a check up. Now come and help with the food," your mother replied, coming in with bags of food from a local chicken hut. After helping your mom set the table, you excused yourself for a moment to "use the bathroom", when instead you snuck to your room. 

You let Sehun out of the closet. "Sorry about that.. Hmm, j-just.. stay here, okay? My family is going to be down there until they go to bed. It's going to be a while, so just.. entertain yourself," you told him before leaving your room again, shutting the door behind you. 

Eating dinner with your family, you had made sure to take a lot on your plate but leave it left over for Sehun. You spent the next couple hours with your family, helping your mom clear the table and wash the dishes, then helping your little sister with her homework. Through out the night, you were wondering what Sehun could be doing in your room right now. You had to wait until night fell, when your family finally decided it was time to go to bed. After you said goodnight to your mom, she left for her room. When you were sure she was inside her room, you quietly prepared your left overs and snuck it into your room. You found Sehun.. just staring out the window. 

You cleared your throat and walked over to him, causing him to turn and look at you. "U-um, sorry.. for such a late dinner." You blushed and handed him the food, then told him to eat at your desk while you sat on your bed. Again, Sehun ate quietly and you watched him. 

The night soon came to an end. You and Sehun were still a bit awkward around each other, but the atmosphere was a little calm and since you knew this would last for a while, you tried to get used to it. When you were sure both your mom and sister were fast asleep, you quickly snuck Sehun through the house and back out to the garage, bringing along more blankets for him. When you were in the garage, you set down the blankets for him to lie on and handed him the blanket to cover himself with. 

"There.. now it won't be so cold to sleep on." You turned to him and grinned, gesturing for him to lie down. He looked at you for a moment before slowly making his way to sit on the blanket. You waited for a moment while he settled himself among the blankets. 

"U-um. G-goodnight." You said awkwardly standing beside him, looking anywhere else but at him. You turned and reached for the door, but Sehun's voice stopped you.

"Thank you.. again." 

You froze for a moment, letting the words sink in before turning back to look at him, he was looking up at the ceiling, completely lost in thought. You nodded and shyly left the garage, sneaking back into your house and settled into your own bed. 

It was hard to believe that this was reality, Oh Sehun is sleeping in your garage because he's hiding from the world. What's going on?

You turned in your bed in face the window, the light of the moon shining in, and fell asleep.