Part II

Kris Is Mine.

Zitao yawned as he moved into the main room, rubbing his eyes from sleep as he looked around and noticed that there was only a tuff of blonde hair on the couch, and he couldn’t help but smile at him.

Moving over, he was about to say something when he saw what was on Yifan’s lap.

And what the thing was doing.

The puppy was simply lying down on the other’s lap, curled up in the most adorable way possible, but it’s eyes were open and it was enjoying the small petting from its master.

Sighing when he saw how content the other looked, Tao frowned and shoved himself onto the chair.

Now that’s when Kris finally realised that he was there.

“Oh Tao! Morning.” He smiled and actually lifted one of the dog’s paws to wave at him.

And no.

Zitao didn’t think it was completely adorable.

Shrugging, he smiled softly at him before dragging his knees up to his chest and simply sitting in silence.

Kris moved his attention back to the puppy and softly it’s fluffy body, leaning down and pressing his soft lips against the white fur before chuckling at how soft it felt against his face.

The dog yelped a little happily, and Yifan seemed ecstatic over the reaction he had received.

Zitao pouted a little at the scene before him.

Well, he may very well be acting immature, but he couldn’t’ help but feel jealous. The puppy had been here for two weeks now, and not once during this period of time has Yifan ever hung out with Tao, or even practiced with him! Tao was getting rejected at every turn, and Yifan didn’t even look sad when he did say no to each and every request.

Everything on Kris’s mind was Zero.

“Hey guys, come look at this!” Yifan’s voice echoed throughout the dorm, and most of the members groaned before they moved into the lounge and looked at Kris with stern expressions. “Wait, you’ll love this.” Kris said, a grin on his lips as he looked around at the EXO-M members and realised one was missing. “Where is Zitao?”

The other shrugged before Xiumin turned and ran over to Zitao’s bedroom, moving in and smiling at him.

Zitao knew what he was in for – he had heard Kris’s shout, but he knew what it was going to be about.

“Come on Tao, Leader wants to show us something.” Xiumin exclaimed before walking out and joining the rest of the group.

The maknae knew he wasn’t getting out of this one.

Groaning slightly, he moved out of bed and stumbled into the living room where he could see Kris and Zero sitting on the couch.

Kris waved at him before playing the music and grinning.

“Watch!”

The blonde took a hold of the puppy’s paws and lifted him up, so that Zero was standing on his two feet on Kris’s lap, before he started to move the paws around to make it look like he was dancing to the music that was playing. The rest of the members were terribly amused at the sight, and Zitao chuckled involuntarily as Kris made the dog do a stupid dance move.

Hell, he was just amazed that Zero hadn’t bit him for forcing him to dance.

That’d definitely ruin Kris’s favourite toy.

Once it was over, Kris chuckled and softly held onto the puppy’s body, slightly squeezing him before setting him beside on the couch.

It was Lu Han who begun to squeal first.

“That was the most adorable thing I had ever seen!” he screamed, and the rest of the members nodded in agreement.

Zitao bit his lip to hide a smile because the dog was his enemy, and he couldn’t give in.

Everyone ran up to Zero again to praise him, whilst Zitao left.

What he didn’t realise, was that he was followed.

When he flung himself onto the bed, and picked up the book he was previously reading, he flinched when he felt the end of the bed move down a little, meaning someone was sitting on it.

Turning around, his eyes widened when he realised who it was, and who he was not with.

“What’s up?” Zitao asked, sitting up and feeling a lot more comfortable without the puppy along in his arms or lap.

The blonde chuckled and smiled at him.

“Can you come out shopping with me?” He asked, smirking because he knew the maknae would never pass up the chance to go out and shop for new clothes. The other looked ecstatic and grinned before nodding instantly and giggling. “Great! Get ready and we’ll leave soon.”

When he left, Zitao fell onto his back and began squealing and kicking his legs around.

Well, it seemed as if something was at least working on his side.

Now a day out with his favourite man doing his favourite hobby.

This was not what he was expecting.

One bit.

Even the puppy had bet him in this area, the one thing Tao was sure he was the king of. But no, even when he was excited about the shopping trip, he didn’t actually think about how unusual it was.

How unusual it was for someone like Yifan to be asking him to go on a shopping trip with him.

But of course it was about Zero. And now they were looking through shops for a stupid little dog hat that Kris wanted to gift his new puppy.

“How about this one?” Kris asked about the fifteenth dog hat he had picked up to search for an opinion on. But Tao only shrugged and looked around. “So, what’s up with you?” The blonde asked, placing the accessory down and moving up to the maknae who was pretending to look elsewhere except in his eyes.

The maknae sighed silently before putting on a fake smile and shrugging innocently.

“What are you talking about?” he asked, and Kris shook his head rather suspiciously before leaving the matter.

Soon enough they were back home, and Kris had bought five hats for the dog.

And what did Zitao get?

Zilch.

‘Plans to get Kris’s attention back’

1.     Steal the dog

2.     Walk around

3.     Use aegyo

4.     Give Zero away

5.     Make the dog bite him

6.     Offer oral in exchange

7.     Walk around

‘Faults with said plans’

1.     The problem of Kris not catching him

2.     The members would shout

3.     Found none.

4.     Kris would find out

5.     Hard to get near to

6.     -ish

7.     He’d feel uncomfortable

Tao sighed and shut his diary before shoving it under his pillow for the time being. The only thing that he could rationally think of was the aegyo thing, but if he used that, then Kris would suspect something.

And he didn’t want to be found out just yet.

Groaning, he leaned his head back onto the pillow and bit his lip, thinking about it more carefully.

Just then, his bedroom door was opened slightly and he frowned when he saw no one enter. Now, even though Zitao was a man, he was still terrified of ghosts. And his door had just opened on his own.

Biting his lip, he pushed his legs over the side but screamed bloody member when he heard a loud shriek as he did.

Suddenly Kris entered the room looking very panicked.

As Tao was ready for the other to lunge towards him and carefully his hair, telling him it was just a hallucination and he was going to be alright, he frowned when he saw the blonde lean down and pick something up.

The dog.

The freaking dog was the ghost, and Tao had probably just stepped on his tail.

Well.

One point to Zitao!

However, when he looked over at his bandmate, he was glaring at him hard, making him roll his eyes.

“He shouldn’t scare me then.”

Kris scoffed.

“Don’t step on my precious baby again.”

When he left, Zitao groaned and pulled the diary back from under his pillow before unclipping the pen and turning the page to where the plans were being written down.

Below number seven, he wrote something ferociously.

‘8. Get rid of him in any possible way.’


A/N: as for Kris using the puppy to dance... Here: