Part I

Kris Is Mine.

Okay, so Tao’s day was actually going pretty good. It was a good morning, nice sunshine and when he awoke he actually felt rather excited and frisky. Also, when he got out into the kitchen, the coffee was already made and it was actually delicious. Breakfast was also already made, so he didn’t need to do anything that morning.

So, off to a great start to the day, he expected it to be a fabulous day.

And when he saw the gorgeous man called Yifan enter back in, looking even better than usual, he was sure that his day had just got better.

Until he saw what was in the blonde’s hands, and he was sure that whatever it was, wasn’t in his band. It wasn’t supposed to be here, and he didn’t even know what it was.

Placing his mug down, he slowly walked over to the other and looked suspiciously at the other’s arms.

“What… is that?” Tao asked, noticing the wriggling thing was trying to climb up Yifan’s chest, and it was extremely annoying to see how happy the blonde looked.

Kris chuckled at his bandmate’s enquiry before he held it up and placed its face directly in front of Tao’s face.

“Isn’t he the cutest?!” Kris shouted, and Tao flinched when the animal was shoved in front of his face.

It was a puppy – a white, fluffy, small puppy that had the weirdest look on his face. Tao tilted his head and stared at it more, and he had to admit, it was rather adorable.

But he wanted to know why it was in their dorm, trying to climb up Kris’s chest.

“…Okay… why is it here?” he asked, and Yifan retracted his arms and simply wrapped one of his arms around the dogs belly, letting it hang off slightly as he placed the other’s hand on his hip.

“Because I bought it today!” Kris exclaimed, looking down at the puppy and grinning at how cute it was.

Zitao stared at it and frowned.

Then he looked back up at Kris who was still admiring the puppy hanging off of his arm.

“…Why?” he asked, and the other rolled his eyes.

“I was lonely! Besides, I couldn’t say no to that little face!” Kris said, holding the puppy in front of his face against and grinning at it.

Zitao scoffed and turned around.

He didn’t want to see the other admiring and cuddling into the stupid puppy any longer.

All day, all Zitao could hear was the other members squealing over Kris’s new pet, touching it and playing with the puppy until Yifan told them to get lost because it was his.

Now, he had a problem with that too.

Yifan wasn’t supposed to be all over that new puppy, he was supposed to be swooning over him.

That’s the way it was yesterday.

And Zitao knew that the older boy had a small crush on him. And yes, he may be playing with him, but he loved being cared for by Kris. It made him feel great. Kris would always take care of him and swoon over everything he done – especially if it was aegyo.

But no, Kris hadn’t spared him one look today. Not a single one.

And Zitao was pissed.

Moving into the living room where everyone else was – including the damned puppy – he peeked in, frowning when he saw Kris sitting on the chair with the white fluff ball perched on his lap.

Everyone else in EXO-M was situated around him, staring at the puppy with smiles on their faces.

It looked like he was the only one who hated the thing.

Okay.

Hated may be a strong word for the first day in meeting the stupid thing, but he was already becoming the favourite in the dorm.

“Hey Zitao!” Lu Han shouted, patting the spare space beside him on the couch and the maknae had no choice but to smile sarcastically at him and sit beside him, placing his hands on his thighs.

Lu Han hugged him arm and let out a little squeal.

“Isn’t he just the cutest?!” he shouted, looking over at the puppy once again.

Zitao smiled as best he could before looking away and rolling his eyes at them all.

All falling under a little puppy’s spell.

“So, what’s his name?” Chen asked, kneeling beside Kris and just staring lovingly at the adorable pet.

Kris bit his lip and thought hard.

“Um… Zero!” he exclaimed, and Tao turned to him with an astonished expression on his face. Kris tilted his head a little as he felt the younger’s penetrating stare. “What?”

“Zero? What kind of a name is that?” he asked, and Kris grinned.

“Well, I like it.” He took a hold of the puppy’s paws and lifted him up a little. “How about you, do you like it? Huh? Zero?” The puppy’s tail began waggling side to side ferociously; making the blonde laugh out loud because of the happy reaction he received.

Tao rolled his eyes and sat back.

It was about an hour until everyone finally left and moved into their own rooms to do whatever they did when they were alone.

Zitao moved into his bedroom and flew onto his bed, burying his face into the pillow as he moaned in delight at how fluffy the pillow was against his own cheeks. Closing his eyes and rubbing his face, he was about to slowly fall asleep when he heard his door being opened.

And that was the point in the time when he realised that he didn’t room alone, and he now had a brand new roommate to go along with that.

“Come on Zero, I’ll show you where you’ll be sleeping.” Kris said, carrying the dog into the room and moving over to his bed.

The younger opened one eye and stared at them both.

Yifan sat the puppy on the end of the bed and sat just beside him, his fluffy ears softly.

“You’ll be comfortable here.” He cooed, rubbing the other softly.

Zitao rolled his eyes before he turned his face so he was facing the opposite direction.

As he let out a sigh, he heard Kris address him.

“Tao, come and play with Zero.” The blonde whispered, and the maknae stuck out his tongue in disgust. Like he’d want to play with the thing that has already become Kris’s new favourite in the house.

Rolling over and swinging his legs off the bed, he smiled sarcastically at the other.

“Sorry but I have something else to do.” He said, trying not to look like a spoilt brat.

Kris sighed and rubbed the puppy’s belly.

“What do you need to do?” he asked, watching as the younger stood up and walked over to his laptop, picking it up along with the charger. “The internet? That’s more important?” he asked, tilting his head suspiciously as Zitao just shrugged his shoulders.

Taking one last glance at the boy and the dog, he sighed and walked out of the room.

At least this gave him some time away from the puppy.

And now, he had to think about how to make Kris favour him more than that stupid puppy that has just came into their lives.


A/N: A little first chapter for you to all look forward to what's coming next! Prepare... Tao vs Puppy!