16 - Bonus

Memories of Lost Love: Kai and His Siren

16- Bonus

 

                                It’s been 2 months since Kai and Saerin went out of Korea, with the concert tour going and everyone being busy, they managed to get married without the knowledge of mostly everyone they love.

                                Only a note on a cheap sticky paper was left on the rest house they stayed at saying that they won’t be home till Kyungsoo’s birthday. Which can only mean that they’ll be spending the holidays away from their friends and family. This was never the plan. If only their friends have been true to their intentions Kai and Saerin wouldn’t go this far.  And to say at the least, they weren’t as cruel as they seem to be. Of course they were able to wed at a church. It’s just that there weren’t so many people invited, that you wouldn’t know a famous couple is getting married in there. It was so simple and only a few trusted people attended including Kai’s family and Saerin’s parents.

                                Exo, Pink Punk and the others weren’t invited.

                                So where are the two runaway lovebirds right now?

 

                ….Somewhere in the Caribbean Ocean,…

                                The two of them rented a yacht and sailed the ocean. Without a doubt, this plan was foolproof. Kai was even scarier than Luhan when it comes to ideas.

                                Saerin opened her eyes only to find out she’s alone in the bed. She yawned and smiled as she stares at the ring on her left hand. It was no dream. She really is married and on a honeymoon with the man she loves.

                                She got herself out of the bed and clutches the duvet over her chest to go and look for her husband.

                                She found him by the railings watching the horizon. She checks out his and noticed how defined his muscles are. She felt even luckier knowing that he’s hers and she’s his.

                                “Good Morning” She said wrapping her arms around his waist. Out of the two of them, she’s always the one who initiates skinship. But nowadays she has to restrain herself because Kai reciprocates the action much greater. She wouldn’t want another round not when she’s sore to do it again. It doesn’t mean that she doesn’t want to do it, but she just want to control herself around him. Best keep the skinship to a minimal, perhaps, no kissing for the day…

                                “Hey, you’re up.” Kai said turning around to face his wife. He smiles as he caresses her face.

                                Saerin heard something growled and laughed as she realized it was his stomach.

                                “I’m betting you’re hungry.”

                                “Starving actually,” He whispered burying his head on the crook of her neck. He was starting to get addicted to her again. It should be illegal to have her smell this good.

                                He started kissing her neck as his hands travelled down to her waist pulling her closer to him. When it comes to this girl, his senses become more sensitive. It’s like the feeling of sheer happiness when he performs on stage only this is much better. He knew that nobody could make him feel alive like Saerin does. He thought his passion is just for dancing, well he thought wrong.

                                “hmm…honey…” He heard her moan. And that’s it; his hormones are back like when he was in his teens.

Yep. He is so whipped

                                When he was about to kiss her lips, she stopped him.

                                “What?” He said quite impatiently.

                                “When I say hungry, I didn’t mean ‘me’, you should eat food. Like real food.” She breathed. It was so hot Kai thought about taking her on the spot.

                                “B-but food can wait,” He leaned in and tried kissing her again but she pulled away denying his kisses.

                                “I-it still hurts. Maybe later,” She said trying not to laugh at his expression.

                                He sighed. “Tch. What a tease.” He kissed her forehead and hugged her even more.

                                “Hey I’m not the human in here.” She pouted and untangled from his hold.

                                She saw him scratch the back of his head and pouted back at her.

                                “Yaaa, I’m not the one who came back-hugging with nothing but the blankets on! It’s your fault you’re too sweet.” He gave up and walked back to their room putting a shirt on.

                                “Come down at the deck after 10 minutes. I’ll cook something.” His irritated look amused Saerin.

                                “And put on some clothes will you woman. I don’t want to be accused of a teenage scumbag by my wife again.”

                                He stormed out the room muttering curses. It wasn’t that long he heard her laughing her hearty laugh.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

                                After that the two of them had lunch and went snorkeling under water. When they finished Saerin said something that made her husband smile.

                                “Let’s go back. I think it’s high time we face them. Besides, it’s only 3 more days till Kyungsoo’s birthday. I think they’ve cool down now.”

                                “Yeah, I think so too. I’m glad you’re ready.” He tilted her chin and reached for her lips. They kissed for a while savoring the moment. Kai bit his lip as he looked at his wife’s flustered face. He still has that effect on her.

                                She just stared at him like a woman does when she realized she will never face the world alone again.

                                “I love you too,” He whispered.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

                                When they got back, they expected that there wouldn’t be any commotion because they decided to not announce anything about them going back to South Korea. She called her father to tell her uncle that they would in fact be back but it doesn’t mean that they would be back “back”. They are back not because they would talk about what happened between them and why they disappeared together, but they got back to talk about their plans in the future.

                                But to their surprise, what they expected was otherwise.

                                They stepped in Incheon Airport and it’s like the whole town was there. She felt Kai hold her hands under their long sleeves and she held it tighter. Despite all the bodyguards some people still manage to get under them.

                                “GET THAT AWAY FROM HIM!”

                                “OPPA!!!”

                                Saerin felt Kai’s hands covering her ears in an instant. She just laughed at him because somehow she wasn’t surprised that the fans are going this violent on her. She just couldn’t blame them. He is a good role model and she understands how much they love him.

                                “You don’t have to do that,” She half shouted at him trying to get his hands away from her ears. “You’ll agitate them more.”

                                “You don’t have a say in this Siren. I will do what I want to do to you and you gave me permission with that when you married me.”

                                They notice they got the attention of some fans. When she looked at some girls, they were smiling at her and she couldn’t help but smile back.

                                “You’re such a cheese ball. I’m afraid you’ll get worse when we age.”

                                They finally got in the car when Saerin decided to call her uncle.

                                “Uncle, was it your plan to send the paparazzis in the airport?”

                                “Yang Saerin! My dear is that you?” YG said in enthusiasm.

                                “UNCLE! We clearly talked about a private reunion, should you warn me first about your diabolic plans?”

                                “I did not send those low lives in the airport.”

                                “Are you certain?”

                                “Well yes, how could you talk to me like that?!”

                                “I’m sorry Uncle; it’s just a jet lag. This will eventually pass. Later then. Bye.”

                She saw her husband shaking his head.

                                “Are you still mad?”

                                “No. It’s just fun being a rebel. You know I didn’t get to do much to my dismay since you knocked me up accidentally.”

                                Kai opened his mouth but nothing came out. He didn’t know how to defend himself.

                                “I’m sorry babe, I’m only kidding.” She giggled kissing his cheek soundly. Maybe her teasing went too far.

                                Kai sighed heavily. “I know it’s all in the past but you know I’ll forever suffer in regret. Tch, you naughty girl,” He said looking out the window. He continued playing with her fingers as he stared out the window remembering the past and what he and Saerin have been through.

                                “Well I didn’t regret anything. I think all that happened for a reason. I know one led me to marry you and be this happy. I actually thought about moving on you know. I already had a plan back then. I thought after I gave birth to Sami, I’ll tell you and then live our lives away from you and Korea.”

                                “I deserve that, after all I was a jerk.”

                                “Yes you are and I was stupid, and everything happened at the wrong time.”

                                Saerin brought his hand to her lips and stare at his ring that’s the same as hers.

                                “But I think God has other plans; something better for everyone. I’m sorry for being selfish. I’ll never let you go now. Never let any touch my man.”

…….

                                “OH MY GOD KIM JONGIN IS THAT YOU!”

                Saerin gritted her teeth as she watched her best friends swoon and hug her husband.

                                “You look ten times hotter with unshaved beard! Holy cows” Lalice exclaimed as she mouthed ‘can you believe this guy’ to her.

                                “You should definitely advice Kyungsoo how to work the facial hair. I told him a thousand times it wouldn’t work since he has an unbelievably cute baby face. Ugh that guy.” Jisoo said.

                                “Where’s Uncle?” Saerin gritted her teeth and pulled her husband away from her friends.

                                “Aw, she’s mad. She’s actually jealous!” Jinny said jumping.

                                “Drop it before I lose my cool.”

                                She’s actually annoyed, but before she forgets that these are her friends, Kai wrap his arms around her shoulder.

                                “Sorry girls, she’s just mad because she didn’t get some action before we left…”

                                “And you’re the one to talk!” She said putting his arms away. “I’ll find Uncle on my own before I kill the rest of you.”

                                “Boy you sound like an old couple already,” Lalice said waving her hands on her face.

                                “Hey Thai girl, don’t forget this evening.” Kai saw Goo Junhoe walk by and gave him a nod.

                                “I see those underground battles are still up.”

                                Lalice looked at him like ‘how’d he know?’

                                “He’s waving a white Nazi flag at you. Means you’ve got some competition. Good luck.”

                                “Actually, we’re partners… if you know what I mean.”

                                “No I don’t. And don’t give me that look you’re giving me goose bumps. Gaaaah”

                                “It was nice seeing you Kim Kai. Take care of Saerin for me. I’m going…See ya at the party later!”

                                “What party!?”

                                “Whooops”

                                He was about to warn Saerin when somebody called.

“YAAA, You Kai?”

                                “Um, yes. Hello Jiyong Hyung.” He said to the leader of Bigbang. “Sup?”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

                                “Where are we going Uncle?”

                                Saerin asked YG as they got in to his car. Her uncle explained that they cannot talk inside his office because it was being renovated.

                                “I asked someone to reserve a table at Hongdae,”

                                “Okay. That’s great. I’m unusually craving for soy bean paste stew,”

                                YG just stare at her in surprise.

                                “But you hate soy bean paste stew,”

                                “I know, it’s weird.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

                                At the same time, Kai was also kidnapped by Jiyong. They were inside Gd’s Lamborghini when they arrived at some place at Hongdae.

                                Jiyong have brought him to a room where the rest of the Big Bang members were present.

                                “I-“

                                Jongin cut him off before GD could say anything.

                                “Excuse me but if you’re doing this to expose her from the media then I wouldn’t stop you. But I think you should all know that I have the biggest responsibility when it comes to Saerin because she’s my wife now. And as her husband I think it’s best for her to take a break from showbiz. I don’t want her to get hurt anymore. She suffered enough.”

                                “WHAT!?” – Taeyang and Top

                                “” – Seungri

                                “DAEBAK” -  Daesung

                                (0_0) – GD

                                “I was just gonna say ‘I’m gonna let you in the surprise’ YG has prepared something for her. He didn’t know anything about…marriages happening.” – Jiyong

                                “Omo, this will totally crush him.” Daesung said.

                                “HOW DARE YOU MARRY OUR PRINCESS,” Taeyang said grilling up on his face.

                                “I—I love her Hyung, isn’t that enough reason? Plus I already bought a house.”

                                “And you did not invite us?” Seungri said, his face scrunching.

                                “I’m sorry and I know it was rude of us not to mention anything about it to you. We thought it was for the better.”

                                “Why?” Jiyong said

                                “We know what YG and SM were planning before we sorta eloped. They were gonna bomb us with activities so that we won’t rush in to marriage. I have heard it’ll be a busy schedule not until their stocks got stable. She was really mad. We thought it’ll teach our friends a lesson.”

                                “And you’re revenge was to wed without inviting us?” Seungri said in exasperation. “Wow these kids are clever. Don’t you think about your fans anymore?!”

                                Kai sighed and smile. “No...” He said surprising the five men. “To me, Saerin comes first. My wife is my first priority. I think you know that. You understand me right Hyung?”

                                Jiyong just shook his head in disbelief. Of course he understood what the kid said. But he wouldn’t go softy on him just because he loves his dongsaeng.

                                “You fool, we’ve got a bigger problem now don’t you realize that. Yaaa, Seungri how’d you think we’re gonna tell this to the big boss?”

                                “Tch. It’ll rip him.”

                                “YAAA, act like a sensible hyung will you!”

                                “Hmmm, we should stop him from opening that door before it’s too late,” Seungri told GD.

                                When the YG family learned about Saerin’s arrival, they were all excited to plan a Homecoming party for her honor. But instead of surprising her, they were the ones surprised. And because YG plans everything huge, this party is far from private. Because the moment YG takes Saerin in the restaurant, there’ll be a door adjacent to the party room. And of course, there’ll be cameras…  there’s even hidden ones.

                                “What door?” Kai said innocently.

                                Taeyang pulled Kai’s shoulder out of the room and found they were at some club. People are starting to arrive.

                                “You YG people seriously know how to party”

                                Taeyang smiled in agreement.

                                “You see that stage. There’s a black door just right in the corner. That’s the door. And when your wife comes out there, it’ll be awesome… if she’ll keep hushhush about the wedding thing.”

                                “That’s impossible,” Kai said.

                                “Why?” Taeyang squinted at him.

                                “Because the reason why were back is to explain to her uncle why we ran away and why we went missing for 2 months. And…”

                                “And what…”

                                “She might be pregnant,” He grinned like boy.

                                “Oh well, that’s good news. Congratulations to you both.”

                                “Thanks,”

                                “Don’t say a word to Jiyong okay?”

                                Taeyang said with a poker face.

                                “Okay,” Kai watched as Taeyang walks away from him.

                                “Whew… at least he took it calmy,” He said to himself.

                                “YAAA, AREN’T YOU COMING PRETTY BOY!?”

                                Or not.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

                Inside the venue, Lalice was glad everything has been going into plan. The lights are toned down, the music is at its best hip hop and jazz. The people are all beautiful, everyone looks high and all the people she cares about are all present. Well technically since she knew Saerin was just behind the walls back at the stage.

                She was really happy. Her heart flutters when she saw Junhoe and Bobby entered the room. She saw Bobby teasing Hana and that alone made her smile. When she looked back at Junhoe, he wasn;t there anymore.

                “Booo! Miss me?” Junhoe said poking her cheeks.

                “No. How could I tolerate such a human being like you.” She said trying not to smile.

                “Psh, you don’t have to keep it all inside Lisa. I know you want me.” He said flashing that smile.

                “You’re only jealous because I dance better than you. That only explains why you’re so obsessed with me.”

                “Wow. See that is why I like you Thai Girl. You’re my level.”

                “Okay, drinks on you tall person.”

                Junhoe smiled and followed Lalice at the bar counter.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

                “That is some miracle right there Hanbin. Do you see what I mean. That is how you get girls.” Bobby said pointing at Junhoe and Lalice at the bar counter. He was with his “special” friend Hana. They weren’t an item yet. She said it’s better to get to know each other first before rushing in to a relationship. Well, he’s cool with that. If being patient means having her in the end, then why not? He learned a lot from Kai and Saerin. Plus he realized he only like Lalice as a friend.

                “Whatever. Girls are not a problem to me.” Hanbin said.

                Bobby saw some SM boys coming at their table. He saw Tao and Baekhyun seat opposite them and munch some food on their table.

                “Hey, wanna play some pool?” Sehun asked Hanbin. He gave a nod to Bobby and the rest of the guys.

                “Sure, who you playin with?”

                Hanbin followed Sehun’s gaze and saw Lee Hi shooting some balls.

                “We’re double teaming. Choose yours.”

                Hanbin looked around and smiled when he saw a scrunched face at the girl beside Hana.

                “Hey Rosie, you bored?”

                “Huh, what?”

                “Do you play pool?”

                “Uh, yeah I guess.”

                                “This should be interesting,” Hana said and looked at Bobby who seemed to be thinking the same.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

                “Wow, I couldn’t believe you dyed your hair pink. Haha you really love me that much huh?” Jisoo exclaimed as she saw Kyungsoo take off his hat.

                “It’s not cause of you, it’s just because we have this new concept.” Kyungsoo denied and poured his glass with another round of beer.

                “Yeah right. You can’t keep telling me lies like that if you want me to like you.”

                “W-what..I never…It’s not…fine.”

                Jisoo laughed in amusement.

                “You’re so adorable, I really really love pink.”

                “Really?”

                “Yes.”

                They were having a moment when Jinhwan, Jimin and Taehyun sat beside Jisoo.

                “WHAT THE HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR DO KYUNGSOOO?” Jimin asked laughing like a child.

                “Dude, get your camera!” Jinhwan

                “The fans will love this. Aww, smile little Kyungsoo” – Taehyun.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

                “Uncle, you’re acting rather much kinder tonight. What happened? Did Winner win an award?”

                Saerin asked her uncle. She has been feeling weird about his actions lately. Seems like he wasn’t being himself.

                “Yes. Yes. The people have been good on them. Well, are you done? Come here I have something prepared for you.” He said standing up.

                “W-wait uncle. I’m not finish. I still have something to say. Uncle!”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

                Kyungsoo was still being tortured when he felt his body being lift by someone.

                “YA, Kyungsoo-ah, I need your help!” Kai said his hands still on his lapel.

                Kyungsoo watch Kai’s face fold in disgust at the sight of his bright pink hair.

                “KAI!” Jimin said in surprise.

                “KIM JONGIN’S IN THE HOUSE YALLLLS” –Taehyun said and everyone cheered.

                   The big bang members followed Kai and Top carried him away from the pink Kyungsoo.

                “KYUNGSOO-AH! KYUNGSOOO-AH!!!”

                Kyungsoo just stared at him and waved his hand as if he was greeting him for the last time.

                “Do you think he’s in trouble?” Jimin said to Kyungsoo. Not worried but curious.

                “I wonder why he’s not with Saerin,” Jisoo said unconsciously.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

                “Get off!!!” Kai said as he tried to fight with Top.

                                Kai saw the hyungs have brought him to the backstage. Top dropped him like a sack on the floor. He stomped back up and faced his sunbaes.

                                “Why would you do that? I thought telling everyone to leave was the plan!?” He shouted at Top.

                                “I suddenly thought of a better idea.” Top said in a deeper voice. “Besides these people are already expected to be here why ruin their fun. If it was me, I’ll be totally pissed. Anyway, as I’ve said earlier I have a better idea.”

                                “Ugh, you’re such a drama queen, tell us already!!!!” Jiyong said.

                                “I was getting there. As much as we want to stop YG from surprising Saerin and Saerin from telling everything why not just cut the broadcast.”

                                Top smile reached his ear. His face was hopeful for somebody to get his ideas.

                                “Really? Don’t you watch films like Mission Impossible or Ocean’s 11??? God, why do I hang out with ignorant people.”

                                “Getting dramatic…” Taeyang sang.

                                “In case you still don’t realize, this is the control room.” Top demonstrated the cabinets and opened them to show the cable controls and monitor and stuff. He a green light and the monitors come to life.

                                “Look, there’s the president and Saerin.” Daesung pointed at one monitor. Top ignored him and continued explaining.

                                “Now KBS have their own cameras connected to this one. If someone could figure out how these things work, we can put on another channel the moment Saerin confessed something…”

                                “And then only people who are inside the backstage will know what Saerin will be saying.” Kai figured out.

                                “Exactly,” Top said like it was very obvious.

                                “Now the only problem is… who can do all this?” Seungri said.

                                “W-wait. I think I know someone.” Jiyong said and called Kim Donghyuk.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

                                When Saerin finally caught up with her uncle she did not waste any time and decided to tell him about her marriage.

                                “Uncle, I know I’ve been a real brat to you. I am so sorry because I know that you’ve given me everything and you’re like a father to me but I ruined your trust ever since-“

                                “Saerinah, you don’t have to worry about that. It’s all in the past. What’s important is that you’ve come back. Now w-“ He was about to turn the knob when Saerin interrupted him again.

                                “Uncle please listen to me-“

                                “No Saerinah, we’ll talk later what’s important is—“

                                “No-Wait…Uncle!”

                                “This is a sur-“

                                “UNCLE I’M MARRIED!”

                                Saerin saw his Uncle drop stare at her in disbelief. She saw the opened door and gasped when she realized she was in front of at least 100 people.

                                She even heard someone blew a trumpet but it was just too awkward she would laugh if the situation wasn’t so serious.

                                “Oh .” Saerin muttered, when she saw her uncle smile at her she was even more surprised.

                                “Don’t you think I wouldn’t know about that already?”

                                And then on the other door, out came her husband along with the big bang members.

                                “Yuck Donghyukshi, how could your fart smell so bad???!!!” Daesung gasped out of air.

                                She saw Kai walk towards her and hugged her. It was after he realized that YG was there when he stand a foot away. He bowed at YG and to the crowd in front of them.

                                “Whew, so these newlyweds are pretty crazy huh? Getting into trouble, worrying their friends and stuff. Not inviting important people to their wedding…yes so I’m told.” Kyungsoo said as he walked towards the stage holding a whip cream on his hand.

                                “What are you doing?” Kai said crossing his arms.

                                “Well as your best friend. I’m helping you out. Hey Saerin, how’re you. You look as beautiful as ever…”

                                “Hyung… hey, I’m so sorry.”

                                He saw him nod.

                                “Already forgiven.”

                                Kai saw Kyungsoo open his arms.

                                                “You might want to get a hold of this before the party starts…” YG tossed her a set of keys.

                                                “What’s this?”

                                                “You’re new production studio.”

                                                “Seriously? Uncle?”

                                                “And keep it into your pockets. You wouldn’t want to stain it…”

                                                “Uncle?”

                                                “Have fun,” He waved both his hands and closed the door.

                “Come at me bro”

                                                Saerin looked back at the two exo members. Tension still filled the room.

                “No way…”

                                It only took a second for big bang to hatch a plan.  Daesung and Top gathered both of Kai’s arms and lift him up towards the pink one.

                                Then the party started.

 

 

 

:-*

This author is signing off...