Chapter 5

Shhh I'm married

 

            “Fei are you okay?”

            “Yes, I’m fine. It’s nothing,” she answered to her best friend. But Luna knew her and she was not convinced. Luna was worried about Fei ever since the little incident in the canteen. Three day had passed but Fei still was bothered. She would end up drowning in her thoughts.

            “Luna I couldn’t take it anymore,” she whispered.

            “Talk to him then.”

            “I’m scared.”

            “He’s your husband and he would not hurt you, you know that right?” Luna asked and she nodded. Luna was right, Yifan was a good man and he wouldn’t hurt her, physically though.

            She sighed. Why did she even end up being bothered by him? She was used to this type of atmosphere between her and Yifan. They were like this for 3 years and she lived with it, but now she knew it was different because she started to form different and new feelings for her husband.

             In his class, Fei was silent and kept on spacing out. She was even called by Yifan for three times to answer a statement on the board.

            “Please bear with us Miss Huang,” he informed.

            “Y-yes Mr. Wu,” she ducked her head before proceeding to answer the problem on the board. It was an English Statement and she had a hard time answering it. It was confused of the right answer so Yifan called Luna to help her. Luna went on her side.

            “Fei, he’s not happy about it,” she whispered before writing the answer. Luna was referring to Yifan.

            “I know, sorry,” she bowed down stepping aside.

            “Very good Miss Jung, you two may sit now,” their teacher said before continuing his sentence, “Miss Huang pay your attention to me and not to someone or something else.”

            “Tsk! It’s not my fault you’re being y again,” she whispered sitting to her seat.

            “What was that Miss Huang?” but then again he noticed her.

            “Nothing Sir, don’t worry I’ll pay more attention,” Fei answered again and the teacher proceeded to the discussion again. She was being y too since she couldn’t take it anymore. That was why she was able to answer back to him and this would be a long lecturing later back at their home.

           

            “What’s wrong with you today Fei!?”

           

            Fei’s instinct didn’t fail her just liked this time. She was on intense talk with Yifan.

            “I don’t know okay! Don’t ask me!” she spit backed glaring at him. They were in the living room. Yifan approached her when she was having her television happy time. And that was the first question from him.      

            “I know you know what’s behind your attitude in my class today,” he said gritting and went to turn off the television.

            “Hey! I was watching that!” she stood up on the couch towering him.

            “Answer me first.”

            “I don’t want to, stop being so y Yifan!” she said not able to control herself anymore. He was being y and so does she.

            “So that’s the reason, you think I’m being y eh?”

            “Yes you are!” she answered frankly crossing her arms to her chest.

            “I’m not being y Fei; I’m just doing it for my job.”

            “I don’t care and just give me back the damn control!”

            “I don’t like your languages, what’s wrong with you now Zi-Fei. You’re being different!”

            “Well, I don’t like your language too Yifan, nothing’s wrong with me and I’m just being myself!”

            “Don’t give that damn attitude again Zi-Fei, in this house and in my class.”

            “I can do whatever I want Yifan and you can’t stop me!” she fought back before bumping at him and run towards her room.

            Yifan was left frustrated. He threw his self hardly on the couch and let out a growl.

            “What’s wrong with you Yifan!?” he scolded himself.

            He couldn’t easily let go of the incident he had with Teacher Leila. She was now out of the university since the head teacher of their department had chosen him instead of her. Miss Leila apologized to him after that day and accepted her being fired from the university. He must be happy now but he just couldn’t let the fact that maybe some of the students from Miss Leila’s class were thinking the same of his wife that way. And now, instead of being angry to those people, he let out his anger at Fei who was innocent. He gripped his hair tighter to that thought. He tried closing his eyes to calm down.

            On the other hand, Fei was furious. She was laying stomach first on her bed, burying her face to the pillow. Many questions flooded her mind to why Yifan was liked that. He was not yelling though but he was sure on the peak of his anger. Fei was about to growl not until her stomach growled first in hunger.

            “Not now,” she said rubbing her stomach and sat up straight in her bed. She tried to look for food in her messy things and her bad but there was nothing not even a single curls or something. She surely doesn’t want to see Yifan but her stomach was betraying her. She braved herself and peeked at the hallway. When there was no sign of him, she quickly ran towards the kitchen to find nothing to eat.

            “Argh!!” she growled. She went harder to find something but everything was not easy to cook. She wanted to eat now but cooking was her enemy. The maid who was in charge of cooking was not there since the house where the maids lived was lights off. Fei decided to just call for take-out and when she was done she gasped.

            “I don’t have enough money with me!” she even ordered two boxes of pizza, a bucket of fried chicken with rice, drinks and a chocolate cake. How was she supposed to pay that!? She was about to head to Yifan’s room to ask for money when she saw him in the couch. He was sleeping heavily and she noticed dark circles under his eyes. Fei suddenly felt guilty, Yifan was stressed and she even answered him back a while ago. She sighed and went closer to wake him up.

            “Yifan wake up, Yifan,” she shook him to wake up.

            “Hmmm?” he woke up rubbing his eyes.

            “Yifan I’m hungry, I called for take-out and I needed money to pay it.”

            “What?”

            “Money to pay our dinner.”

            “Here,” he said handling his wallet and went to slam on the couch again.

            “He sleep weird,” she muttered and waited patiently despite of her growling stomach.

            Fei quickly paid for the food and went to the kitchen to prepare their dinner. She felt as if nothing had happened earlier between her and Yifan. She shrugged not minding it anymore. After setting the table she went to wake Yifan up. He was sleeping weird like a drunken man. Fei spent 30 minutes in waking him.

            “Just wait me in the kitchen, I need to wash up,” he said coldly and went to his room. Fei sighed and headed to the kitchen.

            After a minute, Yifan was already across her eating in silent. He changed into a white plain V-shirt. They ate in silence and he didn’t even say a word after their dinner, he then disappeared from the kitchen. Fei was left finishing the boxes of pizza.    She was humming to herself not noticing Yifan entered the kitchen again. He got himself a glass of water and went beside her.

“Fei,” he called out.

“Oh Yifan, you want some?” she offered the pizza receiving a ‘No’.

“We’re leaving for a week to Canada,” he said seriously.

            “F-for what?” she asked stammering though she already knew the reason.

            “Wu’s are having a family reunion and my presence is needed there for dad.”

            “But Yifan—“ she gripped tighter to the table, she still would feel nervous upon hearing about his family.

            Yifan saw her worried and he bravely cupped her cheeks to calm her down, letting her know that everything would be alright. He saw her turned pink and chuckled a little, Fei then pouted.

            “Don’t worry okay, I have everything plan for this and you won’t be left out, I promise that.”

            “I know,” she said shyly.

            “So stop worrying okay? And mom had already booked us a flight next week. I already went for two weeks leave and made you an excuse letter for your one week absence.”

            “Wow,” was all she could say.

            “And again, I’m sorry,” he sighed.

            “I’m sorry too for answering back, I...I realized you’re just tired and upset by something that’s why you...you were angry by my behavior in the class,” she smiled a little.

            “Thank you Fei,” he smiled with sadness and happiness, “I know I could be y sometimes, cold or even strict but I want you to be patience with me. Please bear with my attitude. Don’t get tired of me Fei.”

            Fei couldn’t help but jumped and hugged him. Burying her face to the crook of his neck and she inhaled his manly scent feeling hypnotized but she controlled it. Yifan was shocked but softened into her hugged.

            “I...I promise Yifan, I promise. I’ll be just by your side and I’ll do everything to understand and reach you. I want you also to be with me.” Yifan smiled hearing to that; he knew that he was lucky to have her.

            “I promise Fei, I’ll be just by your side. I promise,” he said kissing his hair.

            Fei couldn’t ask anything anymore, she was happy and contented of what relationship she had with Yifan.

           

           

 

Author's Note

Sorry for the very slow and late update. It's just that, I'm emotionally and mentally affected of the crisis here in our CITY. Zamboanga City Philippines. I wasn't able to think very well. (_ _) sorry again and enjoy my short update.