Chapter 2

Shhh I'm married

            “Why can’t you just follow what he wants,” Luna said over the phone.

            “Are you insane Luna? He couldn’t always get what he wants you know,” Fei rolled her eyes though Luna wouldn’t see it. Fei was having a phone conversation with Luna. She told her what she had done a while ago, messing his room again and putting Yifan’s effort on waste or the maids’ effort. They talked over the phone for an hour when she felt hungry but too lazy to get up from his bed. She was done with her assignments and ready to sleep but of course she wouldn’t skip dinner. Skipping meals were a no, no to Fei. She really loved food that much and came to an idea of marrying Mr. Food but of course, she would look insane with that. But their conversation was cut by a knock in her door.

            “Fei, the dinner is ready,” and with that voice that she was trying to avoid right now. Fei said her goodbye to Luna and went to open the door. The one thing she liked about her husband was he never let the maids called her for meal time instead he does it by himself. He always made sure to call Fei for their meal and even when he was in some other country for business, he doesn’t forget to call her over the phone and tell her about eating. It was the sweet part she liked about her husband.

            “You messed your room again?” Fei snapped from her thoughts when he spoke. She didn’t even notice that he was already inside her room. She pouted.

            “How times do—“ but he was cut off by her.

            “Yifan please, I’m tired of this so let’s drop the issue. This is me before we’ve met and this is me now, I’m happy with it so please try to accept that okay?” she sighed looking at him sadly and left Yifan dumbfounded in her room.

            Yifan wasn’t able to let out a word of Fei’s sentence. And he knew she was right. This was Fei, Huang Zi-Fei, his wife and all he could do right now was to accept it liked what she had said. He felt guilty. He took a deep breath and composed his self but startled when he stepped on something. He looked down and regretted it. Thankful that he was alone or else he would embarrass himself infront of Fei. Yifan picked Fei’s black lace bra, folding it and placed on her bed. This was what he was talking about. Yifan then went out of her room but he still could feel himself blushing. Fei really had this effect on him since they’ve met but he ignored it for the past 3 years of marriage. He wouldn’t admit it, he just don’t!

            “Are you okay? Your face is red,” he snapped from his thoughts when he heard Fei. She was preparing the table and Yifan couldn’t help but to look at her moves. She was wearing black short shorts revealing her milky skin and a white polo. The polo that was from one of his photo shoots last year and she wanted the white polo shirt so he gave it to her. And the thing which made him blushed even more when he could see her black undergarment underneath that polo. He quickly removed turned his gaze in the other direction. Fei was oblivious.

            They ate in silence but of course, Yifan couldn’t stop himself from thinking other things. He kept on closing his eyes and shaking his head which caught Fei’s attention. Yifan was acting strange.

            “Hey Yifan!” she called loudly for him to hear it.

            “Y-yes?” he stuttered avoiding her look.

            “Are you okay? You’re sweating a lot; do you want me to turn the aircon on higher level?”

            “N-no, I’m fine.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes, I’m sure.”

            This was the hard life of Wu Yifan with Huang Zi-Fei. They were married for almost 3 years now but they’ve never done that, he didn’t even kiss Fei in lips on their wedding. When the priest said the ‘you may now kiss the bride’ of course, the kiss would be on lips but Yifan kissed her on the right cheek. And when his parents told him that it must be on the lips, he simply replied:

“The priest never said ‘you may now kiss the bride on the lips’ so I kissed her on the cheek.”

He though living with a girl would be easy but as months passed by he then realized it was hard. Especially, when Fei would wear short clothes and would walk in the house with just a towel covering her body. That embarrassing thing he did for her when he was asked to buy that ‘thing’ for girls’ monthly problem and he ended up disguising himself in all black, with bonnet and a mask. No one was around that time and Fei wouldn’t stop shouting so he did it. Since he was famous, he must not be seen in the public buying some napkin with wings. And the most embarrassing part was he suspected as a robber, the old saleslady on the mini-store couldn’t stop fidgeting and ended up calling the cops. Yifan explained everything to the police and the old saleslady but he didn’t mention about Fei. He made an excuse on buying the napkin for her cousin since the police and saleslady knew him. He even gave the old saleslady one of his latest magazines; glad he brought it on his car and told to keep the incident a secret. That was the story of Yifan and the napkin.

He doesn’t want to remember that anymore. He sighed.

“Hey Yifan tell me what’s wrong okay?” Fei said eyeing him. This was her husband and she should worry about him especially when she knew that something was bothering Yifan. She just often does this since she knew Yifan was always serious. She was afraid to let her emotions showed up especially to Yifan because...because, she even don’t know why.

“I’m fine Fei,” he answered looking at her with his rare soft and eye smile.

“Oh okay,” she then ducked her head feeling the rush of blood to her face.

They ate again in silence and Yifan was back to his old self again. He escaped her spell, again. He cleared his throat which sent Fei looking at him raising her brows.

            “Nothing,” he said not looking at her. She nodded and continued eating.

            After dinner, Yifan went in the living room to relax and Fei was left in the kitchen to wash the dishes. Fei married to a famous model and business man but she doesn’t want to let herself be served by the maids all the time. Even though she was stubborn and spoiled sometimes, she still has her own responsibilities in the house. When she was not tired or busy liked right this time, she would wash and clean the dishes. She just doesn’t know how to cook and that was her one problem. She wanted to cook for her husband but she knew she couldn’t do it. She might just burn their house and caused big problems. She tried but cooking disliked her and now they were enemies.

            Their house was just simple and painted in white. The house was a gift from Yifan’s parents and she loved the house. They were married for 3 years now so basically she was 17 and Yifan was 19 when they got married. She was still underage but with money anything was possible.

Fei remembered the first night she lived in this house with Yifan. She was nervous and couldn’t even stay in one position inside her room. Her heart was beating so fast as if she was being chased by something. Since after the small wedding they had, they immediately moved to the new house and honeymoon came after the wedding so that was the reason why she couldn’t stay calm. She made sure that the door was locked, preventing Yifan to enter the room and might proceed to honeymoon with her. But then she remembered that Yifan didn’t even kiss her in the lips in the ‘you may kiss the bride’ part of the wedding. So she relaxed knowing Yifan wasn’t liked that. Though at first she though Yifan was the dominant type in ual relationship because of his intimidating looks. She was wrong in that part and she liked it, that Yifan was not the Yifan she thought about when they’ve met each other. Fei was smiling to herself reminiscing those days while washing the dishes.

Back in the living room, Yifan couldn’t think of a good way to apologize to Fei. He was sorry for throwing her things which he called useless earlier and now he regretted it. He wanted to say sorry but again, he doesn’t know how! He rarely apologized to people but now he needed to let his pride down for his wife. Yifan was pacing when Fei got in the living room. She saw him being frustrated and this was new for her. For the whole 3 years, she doesn’t see the different emotions of his husband. But now it was different, first because he stuttered in the dinner and now he was frustrated of something. Yifan was doing some actions as if he would confess his love for someone. She decided to just watch him and entertain herself with the new sides of Yifan. She crossed her arms, leaned on the wall and let out her phone to record him for fun.

“Argh!” he groaned throwing his self on the couch.

“What’s wrong?” she decided to ask which made him jumped.

“FUKK!”  He cursed holding to his dear chest.

“OHMYGOSH!! The great Wu Yifan cursed!!!” Fei threw her hands in the air and started jumping for joy. It was the first time he heard Yifan cursed and as if it was the great moment of her life. Well, it was part of the great moment of her life.

“Fei stop it,” Yifan said feeling embarrassed.

“And my phone got that part! This is priceless Yifan!” she continued to laugh while browsing her phone. There it was the video of Yifan pacing and the curse.

“Stop it Fei, please,” he said bringing the phone down.

“Fine but I won’t erase this!”

“Fine.”

“Really!?” she beamed and he nodded.

“Well, listen first okay?” she then shut not breaking an eye contact with Yifan and she could see that his eyes were full of sadness. She knew that this was a serious matter now. But she didn’t expect his next move and he hugged her. Her head was placed in Yifan’s chest and she could hear his fast heart beat. He was nervous and she softened. Yifan was not good in showing his emotions.

“I’m so sorry for my mistakes, for making you mad and for not thinking that you’re just being yourself. I...I just want the best for you but I was wrong and I’m sorry Zi-Fei,” he said. She smiled of the confession and returned the hug, rubbing Yifan’s back.

“I’m fine now Yifan.”

He broke the hug with his precious smile.

“I will make it up to you Fei.”

“You’ll buy me new clothes and shoes?”

“Yes in your favorite Gucci store.”

“OMO! Really!?” she beamed and started jumping again for joy. He nodded chuckling at her childish actions.

They could be like this sometimes, sweet and happy.