Chapter 3

Shhh I'm married

            “Kris hurry up!” Fei complained dragging Yifan.

            “Slow down Fei,” he said but he just let himself being dragged by Fei. Kris was the name he let her call him in public not Wu Yifan. And now they were in the mall since Yifan promised to buy her clothes but this was not in his plan. He promised her without him but Fei forced him to come with her. Luna was busy and she had no one to go with her so Yifan ended up here.

            He could have said no but with Fei following and asking him around, he failed. He wore black sunglasses, a pink mask with a Cinderella drawing which chosen by Fei to keep his identity more hidden and a black waist length wig with a cap.

            They entered her most favorite brand clothing store, Gucci. Fei couldn’t contain her feels and started looking for clothes. Yifan was just following her behind. She asked for his opinion about this and that while he nodded in response knowing that she wouldn’t really care about his response and still ended up following her wants.

            They shopped for almost three hours. Yifan also bought something for himself and now they were heading out of the mall. Fei owned ten shopping bags while Yifan had two bags. But before they could step out, a girl went infront of Yifan’s way. The small girl was wearing a pink dress with an image of Snow White and she was looking head-up at Yifan. She tugged her pants and Fei leveled herself to the little girl.

            “What’s the matter little princess?” she asked.

            “Is he your husband?” she asked back that caught them dumbfounded.

            “How’d you know that?” Fei asked smiling sweetly at the little girl.

            “Because she’s wearing your princess mask,” she answered which received an ‘ooh’ from Fei. The little girl went infront of Yifan again tugging his pants. Yifan stepped back a little, didn’t know what to do and looked at Fei for help. She chuckled and went closer to the little girl, leveling her again.

            “What do you want from Mr. Princess-Mask over here baby?” she asked placing her arms to the little girl’s waist because she was too cute to handle

            “Mister, do you also love Disney princesses because I like Snow White,” she beamed.

            “What? N-no!” Yifan answered loudly.

            “Oh really? But why are you in a princess mask?” Fei was giggling beside the little girl. She could imagine Yifan’s face talking to the little girl.

            “I..aah..I—“ but before Yifan could answer, they heard a woman’s voice shouting ‘Yujin!’

            “Mommy!!” and the little girl ran towards the woman, her mommy.

            “Where have you been Yujin?”

            “I found a man wearing a princess mask mommy!” she answered pointing at Yifan and Fei’s direction. The woman went towards them and apologized for the little girl’s actions.

            “No, it’s okay Ma’am. She was cute though,” Fei said caressing the little girl’s hair. The mother and little girl said their goodbye leaving Yifan and Fei.

            “Told’ya, that mask is good on you,” she said while they were on the car to their home. Yifan then removed his mask and tossed it on the back seat making the girl laughed.

            Yifan was glad to be backed home from 3 hours of shopping and could finally rest since it was Saturday but was disappointed when they heard a thrilling voice from their house.

            “Omo! Mama is here!” Fei immediately ran towards the house. Yifan sighed and followed Fei.

 

            “Mama you’re here!” Fei said hugging her mother-in-law, Mrs. Wu.

            “Aigoo...I missed my Fei-Fei,” Mrs. Wu hugged her tighter.

            “Mom, you’re here,” Yifan said interrupting the little reunion. Mrs. Wu broke the hug between Fei to hug her son.

            “Yiyi I’ve missed you too! Do you miss mommy?” she cooed hugging him even tighter. Yifan wrinkled his nose upon hearing the nickname Yiyi by his mom. He really couldn’t stop his mom from calling him Yiyi. He was not even a dog to be called Yiyi!

            “I’ve missed you too mom,” he responded monotone rolling his eyes and Fei couldn’t help but giggled. Yiyi pfft!

            “Oh you did some shopping eh?” Mrs. Wu said noticing the shopping bags from Yifan and she went to Fei again. Fei was Mrs. Wu’s favorite person aside from her son. She was so cute liked a panda. She was so excited to be the mother-in-law of Fei when she knew about Yifan and Fei’s marriage. Mrs. Wu couldn’t contain her feels when she met Fei for the first time. She quickly run to her and hugged-squeezed her to death. And of course, Fei felt the same for Mrs. Wu. She really looked like Yifan though she was not that tall, Fei was even taller than her.

            “Yes mom, something happened that’s why we went shopping,” Yifan answered which made Mrs. Wu gasped.

            “REALLY!? Fei you’re pregnant!!!?” the two widened their eyes to Mrs. Wu’s reaction. Yifan felt his blood drained upon hearing his mother. Fei quickly gained her composure to answer Mrs. Wu.

            “N-No Mama! I-I’m not pregnant!!”

            “But—what are these for?”

            “Mama these are clothes and shoes, you know, we went shopping for clothes and shoes not babies’ things,” Fei answered, blushing. Yifan was silent but he was nervous to the thought of Fei being pregnant.

            “I see, but don’t fail to give me grandchildren Yiyi okay!?” his mom widened her smile to Yifan.

            “Mom stop it,” he said when he saw Fei feeling uncomfortable to the topic. But Mrs. Wu was oblivious since she was facing Yifan discussing about babies.

            “....But anyway, I came here to give you this,” Mrs. Wu said handling Yifan a small white envelope. Fei felt that she was not needed anymore so she excused herself to go to her room and arrange her new things.

            Mrs. Wu went to the kitchen and Yifan went to read the invitation, following his mom in the kitchen. Yifan narrowed his eyebrows, finishing reading.

            “Mom I can’t,” he then said placing the invitation on the table.

            “Yifan let’s not argue about this anymore,” she sat across Yifan.

            “How about Fei?”

           

            Fei went downstairs with a shopping bag and it was Yifan’s. They’d switched a shopping bag so she went downstairs to get her bag from Yifan. She was about to enter the kitchen when she heard her name. She stopped and couldn’t help herself to eavesdrop. Fei got that feeling again, being left out from Yifan’s family.

            “She can take care of herself for a week,” his mom answered looking sadly at him.

            “She will be alone here.”

            “She has Luna; she could stay here for a week with her.” Mrs. Wu knew Luna, Fei’s best friend.

            “Mom I can’t go to that reunion and I couldn’t leave my job,” he tried to reason out.

            “Yifan do this for your father, he would be glad up there if you’ll socialize with his family,” Mrs. Wu smiled at him.

            “Fine but I want to bring Fei with me,” he said determined.

            Fei gasped silently upon hearing Yifan’s words. She knew that he was determined to do it. Fei wasn’t able to hear the other conversation since she silently went back to her room. Her heart was beating so fast, afraid that it would pop-out from her chest.

            She would meet Yifan’s family, again.

 

           

  Chanyeollera's Note:

          Thank you guys for accepting my story! Not just this one...and please do put your suggestions and comments. Thank you again!