Tteokbokki Cravings

Optional Bias Scenarios

“Oppa~” you whined and shook your sleeping husband.

“What?” he groaned, rolling over to face you.

“I’m hungry.”

“You’re always hungry. There’s food in the kitchen if you need it,” he mumbled, laying a hand on your protruding round stomach.

“No, I want tteokbokki. We don’t have that in the house,” you pouted.

“Jagi, it’s almost midnight. Can’t it wait until tomorrow?”

“No it can’t. You know how harsh these cravings get. Could you please go out and bring me some?” you asked nicely.

“No. I have work tomorrow and need sleep. Just go back asleep and I’ll get you some in the morning,” he sighed.

“No! I need it now!” Your mood turned sour. “I won’t be able to sleep anyway with the baby kicking like this and it won’t stop until I eat some tteokbokki!”

“Calm down yeobo. It’s snowing out anyways. Just rest,” he murmured before turning over again.

“______? _____?” You shook him, but he had already fallen back into a deep sleep.

“Fine, if he won’t get it, I will,” you huffed and moved awkwardly to get out of bed with your stomach a it in the way. After a quick bathroom break, you were putting on boots and a thick coat. “I’ll go out at night for tteokbokki if he won’t,” you grumbled. In reality, you weren’t that mad at him, but everything always escalated with your hormones all off like they were.

Once you were bundled up, you walked out into the snowy street with your breath being seen in the night air. It was quite cold, but yet peaceful, as you tried not to slip on the sidewalk while searching for one place that sold tteokbokki that was still open.

To your luck, you found a street vendor selling it a few blocks away from your home and eagerly bought a bowlful. Normally, you’d just bring it home on a night like this, but tonight you were too desperate to stop the intense craving so you found a bench to sit on and used your stomach as a mini table. Your soon was freezing cold from the bench, but the tteokbokki warmed you up as you ate it eagerly.

As you finished the last bite, the craving ceased and you let out a sigh of content. “You’re causing Mommy trouble already,” you spoke to your stomach as you rubbed it gently. As the baby stopped kicking, a sudden wave of exhaustion washed over you. You were almost tempted to sleep on that bench, but knew it best to head back home, especially since it wasn’t far away.

So, with a groan, you stood back up and commenced your careful walk back to where your sleeping husband was. Or, where you thought your sleeping husband was. In fact, he wasn’t sleeping at all anymore.

Just as you were a block away from your home, a familiar figure came running your way from ahead of you. “______-ah!” your husband exclaimed upon reaching you. His eyes were full of concern as he looked you over. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” you replied, still a little mad at him for earlier. “Unlike you I’m not afraid of the snow or how late it is,” you scoffed.

“________,” he sad sternly. “Don’t ever do that again. You had me so worried, I’d thought I’d lose you out in the dark with the snow and-”

“I’m fine,” you repeated before touching your stomach. “We both are.”

He quickly pulled you into a hug and held you close. “Don’t go out at night anymore. I’ll do it next time you ask, arasso?”

“Okay,” you smiled, leaning into his embrace. Mission: success.

“Let’s go back to bed now,” he suggested, pulling away. You nodded in agreement with a yawn and were soon snuggled up next to him the warm bed again.