Stressed

Optional Bias Scenarios

No, no, this equation HAS to work! Your hands ran through your hair. Why wasn’t it working? Why wasn’t the answer coming out? You groaned and hid your head in your hands as tears of frustration formed. You had been working on this one stinking problem for way too long now, but it still wasn’t working. Normally, you would just skip it and keep going, but this was the third one in a row that you simply could not figure out.

Pouring over the textbook, notes, and other examples did nothing to help since they weren’t the same as this kind of problem. How did the professor expect you to get this right when they had never shown you how to do it in the first place!?

You studied it for several more minutes before groaning. It simply didn’t make sense, it didn’t! The test was tomorrow so it was too late to ask for help, no one else knew how to help you since you were the only one out of your friends to take this class, and you were already overtired and overstressed.

Finally, you couldn’t take it anymore. Crazy from this confusion, you threw the pen across the room, slammed the massive textbook shut and let out a frustrated cry as you tossed the notebook into a back corner. The anger seeped out of you and you felt helpless again. Collapsing back onto your desk chair, you curled up into a ball, hiding your head by your knees.

A pair of warm hands unexpectedly started rubbing your shoulders soothingly. “It’ll be okay, you’ll work it out,” a soft voice murmured.

“No I can’t, I can’t. I’ve been trying to work this out for over an hour!”

“Well, even if you don’t get it right on the test, it’s not like you’ll fail.”

You turned to look at him. “Do you know how close I am to failing already!? Do you know how hard its been to keep my head above the water in this class for the past few weeks? I could very well fail this class!” You snapped before hiding your face again.

He continued to rub your shoulders. “Shhh, it’ll be fine. There isn’t that much more to go. Once you pass it, you won’t have to do it again. I’m sure you can do it.”

“Easy for you to say-your not in school! All you have to do for a living is sing, dance, and look pretty! That’s not that hard!”

He bit his tongue to prevent arguing with you and instead sat down and brought you onto his lap. “Just stop trying right now and call it a night. You have a better chance of doing well on that exam tomorrow if you get a good night of sleep.” You nodded against his shoulder and he started to your hair before humming a lullaby.

 

“Just sleep,” he whispered in your ear again so you relaxed against him. It wasn’t long before you were in a deep sleep. The stress would most definitely come back, but at least you had your oppa there to comfort you every time it did.