War Movies

Optional Bias Scenarios

The door opened and a smiling face peeked through. “________?”

Of course you had been waiting close by for him since you had been counting the weeks, days, and minutes he’d get a day off to come off. Sometimes it seemed his military service would never end. You ran into his arms and he laughed and spun you around. When he set you back on your feet, he was surprised to see tears rolling down your cheeks.

“Aw, baby you don’t need to shed happy tears right now. I know it’s been months since I’ve seen you, but our letters ease things. My service will be over soon.”

“I know, it’s not that,” you wiped the tears away.

“Then what?” Worry clouded his features. You glanced back at the TV that was off before back at him. He figured it out. “You watched another war movie and got worried about me again.”

You nodded and hugged him tight again. “I need to stop watching those movies. They have s-so much death and heartbreak but I love them anyw-ways b-but I can’t help but think of y-you and what c-could happen…”

He rubbed your back gently, but couldn’t help but chuckle and kiss your head. “You’re so silly sometimes. I love you for that.”

“It’s not funny!” You protested, pulling away from his chest and suppressing a smile.

He simply laughed and shook his head.

“Oh shut up,” you giggled and pulled in for a long awaited kiss.