Meeting the Guys; Part 2

Social Ladder

 

"You know who else has nice ? Park-"
 
"Kai. Can we not talk about girls' s right now?" ______ rolled her eyes fondly at her erted friend.
 
"Ah! I noticed something today," Luhan spoke up, sitting up straighter. Chanyeol immediately looked over at him, wanting to look as interested as possible. The others also looked interested, seeing that Luhan looked pretty serious.
 
"I think the guys on the swim team are stuffing their Speedos."
 
Chanyeol blinked again before looking down at ______. "Do they talk about exaggerated body parts all the time?" he whispered, truly confused.
 
However, Kai heard him.
 
And to his surprise, Kai laughed. 
 
Kai, Kim Jongin, laughed at something that Park Chanyeol said. 
 
Chanyeol was tempted to pinch himself to see if he was dreaming.
 
The moment passed as quickly as it came, though, when Kris replied to Luhan's remark, no one else having heard Chanyeol's question.
 
"Seriously? What makes you think that?"
 
Luhan scoffed. "Have you seen them at practice? Even if they were having boners, no one could be that big."
 
"My.. my older sister had a boyfriend on the swim team when she went here," Chanyeol suddenly spoke up, trying to control the heat and redness on his face. "He told her that the guys did stuff their Speedos, so maybe they still do it now..."
 
Although it was simply joining the conversation, ______ could not be any prouder of him as she squeezed his hand again and smiled at him encouragingly. She knew how big of a deal this was for the boy, and she was extremely impressed he had managed to talk that much.
 
"See! I told you!" Luhan beamed at Chanyeol, making his cheeks even redder- in happiness. First Kai laughing, now Luhan smiling; both for something he said. 
 
"Sister?" Kai spoke up, tilting his head with interest. "What's her name?"
 
"Park Yura," Chanyeol answered quickly, then suddenly frowned to himself. He had a feeling he knew why Kai was asking him. 
 
"Yura noona?!" Luhan suddenly exclaimed. "She's your sister?!" Chanyeol blinked in surprise, turning towards the baby faced boy who had spoken up. "Y-yeah.." he nodded a bit nervously, confused. He had no idea how Luhan would know her.
 
"She was a senior when we were freshmen, right?" Luhan smiled, remembering. "She was in my programming class. I was really nervous because that class was filled with upperclassmen, but she actually talked to me and helped me out a lot."
 
Chanyeol nodded in understanding, his lips forming an 'o'. He vaguely remembered Yura telling their parents about an adorable freshman in one of her classes at the time. Chanyeol had been a freshman too, but he hadn't been interested in who the boy was- probably because he had been busy studying. "De, that's her," he answered, feeling somewhat proud that his kind sister would be so nice to a freshman. No one ever paid attention to the freshmen. 
 
"Then you're definitely good in my book," Luhan grinned, shooting him a thumbs up. Chanyeol had no idea what he was supposed to do, so he simply smiled back, trying to contain his excitement. One down, three to go.... maybe even two down; he did make Kai laugh, after all.
 
"So, how's your tutoring been together?" Kris suddenly asked. Chanyeol was grateful that ______ answered. He wasn't quite sure if he was ready to talk to Kris just yet.
 
"Great," she smiled, still holding onto Chanyeol's hand. "He's really good at teaching. And my grade has already gone up!"
 
Kris looked at Chanyeol and smiled appreciatively but coolly, nodding and looking back at ______. "That's good. I remember you were having a really hard time before. And now you don't even complain about it."
 
Chanyeol smiled back, trying to control his anxiously beating heart. 'Is Kris okay with me, too?' 
 
"De, and it's all thanks to Chanyeol," ______ smiled happily, looking up at him again. He turned slightly red, smiling shyly but flattered as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Ah, you know it's no problem..."
 
When Sehun spoke, the entire table (besides Baekhyun, who still didn't care that much) was left in complete shock.
 
"You should come over this Friday night," he said casually, his emotionless eyes looking straight at Chanyeol's. They drifted to Baekhyun and barely nodded. "You can come too, if you want."
 
Everyone was silent for a few moments; Sehun was never one to invite other people to his house. His closest and only friends were the four he hung out with everyday- everyone else was insignificant to him. 
 
______ finally spoke up, although she was still in shock from Sehun's invitation. "Yeah, definitely! It'll be fun!" She looked at Chanyeol and Baekhyun hopefully. "What do you say?"
 
Chanyeol looked at his friend with wide eyes before looking at the others, nodding. "Yeah! We'll come!"
 
Baekhyun, however, had other ideas.
 
"Ah, I don't think I can make it," he said, looking a bit indifferent. "I'll have a lot of homework."
 
"Who does homework on Fridays?" Kai raised an eyebrow. "C'mon, lighten up, Bacon. It'll be fun."
 
"Wow, I've never heard that one before," Baekhyun rolled his eyes, making the other laugh in amusement. No one was sure why, but it seemed as though Kai liked this boy. Maybe it was the attitude he had. "But fine," he sighed, shrugging. "I suppose I could go out one night.."
 
"Isn't it the only night?" Kai teased, smirking seeing what the boy would come up with next.
 
"Will it be the only night that you won't be out banging some poor girl?" Baekhyun fired back, and Kris and Luhan immediately roared in laughter. Chanyeol even saw Sehun grin; he was now extremely jealous of his friend. 
 
"He got you good!" Luhan laughed reaching out to high five Baekhyun, who reluctantly returned the gesture. Kai rolled his eyes but ______ could see the familiar twinkle, telling them that he wasn't truly affected by such simple words. If anything, he was more amused than before. She realized that Baekhyun was very similar to Sehun, and Kai and Sehun often enjoyed their ongoing banter even if it could get quarrelsome. She figured the same must apply to Kai about Baekhyun. 
 
But she could also tell Chanyeol was feeling a little neglected, and she knew how shy he was. However, even if he wasn't particularly funny or humorous in their eyes, he was definitely kindhearted and genuine and that was more than enough for them. Besides, ______ knew how sweet and funny the tall, dark haired boy could be. 
 
"Oh man, guys, I gotta run," Kai suddenly stood up, checking his phone with a delighted smirk on his lips. "Miyoung is feeling ~ See you later!" Surprisingly, he thumped Baekhyun on the back again (emitting another surprised cough and dirty look from the boy) before rushing out.
 
"Have fun getting STDs!" Sehun called after his friend, waving nonchalantly. 
 
Chanyeol turned to ______ with wide eyes and she laughed softly, rolling her own and shaking her head. "Sorry, Kai's a bit of a.... well, I'll let you finish that sentence on your own."
 
"Douche?" Baekhyun mumbled, and the other boys laughed at him in amusement once again. Chanyeol nudged his friend but barely smiled, too. Although he was a bit jealous, it was his first time having an experience like this. Everyone was just so open with each other, even about things that he had always learned to keep to himself. He kind of liked it.
 
He was definitely a bit more eager to go to Sehun's house the next Friday night. As long as he had _______ by his side, he knew he would be fine.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Sorry, short update but better than no update right? xP Let's see what happens Friday night! Also thanks again for commenting, seeing that notification makes my day~ xD