Hyejin's House; Part 2

Social Ladder

 

"So.. you don't mind them being together? Alone?" Kai asked, leaning forward and looking at _______ with interest.
 
The five of them were sitting in her living room, spread out on couches and armchairs. _______ was on the couch in a tank top, sweatpants, and a blanket wrapped around her. Her stomach was doing better at the moment, but it had been hurting a lot during the day. 
 
She raised an eyebrow. "No. I trust him, Kai. Besides, he isn't the type of person who would cheat or even instigate anything with another girl.."
 
"You never know," Kai shrugged. "And what if Hyejin plays something? Hey, Sehun. Didn't you date her?"
 
The maknae barely chuckled, nodding his head. "Yeah, in middle school, if that even counts. But she was a cool person."
 
"Why did you guys stop talking?" _______ asked, tilting her head.
 
He shrugged. "I guess me and you and the guys just became better friends and me and her kind of drifted apart. Now she's a total brainiac, like Chanyeol hyung."
 
"Don't forget Bacon," Kai nudged the boy beside him, who rolled his eyes. 
 
"Is she still nice?" ______ asked curiously. She had never talked to Hyejin that much; she barely knew her. 
 
"Yeah, I think. She isn't a or anything, that's for sure," Sehun commented. "She's always been nice and kind of quiet and shy."
 
"Well then, I don't have anything to be worried about," _______ made a face at Kai. "She isn't going to steal him from me."
 
"Is Hyejin that really smart junior?" Baekhyun suddenly spoke up, looking at the others. "The one who's most likely gonna be class valedictorian?"
 
"Yeah. Why? Got a thing for the younger nerdy girls?" Kai teased.
 
Baekhyun scoffed. "No. But she's got a thing for Chanyeol, I'm pretty sure."
 
There was a confused silence before Luhan finally spoke.
 
"What? A thing for Chanyeol? How do you know..?"
 
Baekhyun barely frowned, leaning back in his seat. "I've seen them working together when we stay after school for our science classes. We share the same classroom for our lab experiments and I always see her laughing and flirting with him. He's too oblivious to notice, though, of course."
 
The boys frowned and looked towards _______, seeing what her reaction would be.
 
She looked slightly tense for a few moments before she finally loosened up and shrugged. "I dunno.. I still don't think Chanyeol would do anything wrong. And like Baekhyun oppa said, he's oblivious to that stuff anyways."
 
"Yeah, you'll be fine," Luhan nodded confidently. 
 
___________________________________
 
 
"Wow. You're getting the hang of this pretty quickly," Chanyeol remarked, watching the girl speed through the questions on the homework.
 
"I guess you're just a good tutor," she replied nonchalantly, but smiled up at him. 
 
He smiled back. "Maybe," he chuckled slightly, and she felt her heart beat faster. He was most attractive when he was smiling or laughing, and he was almost always doing either. She had heard his best friend, Baekhyun, call him 'Happy Virus' before, and she could now see why. He rarely looked unhappy, no matter what he was doing. 
 
"Sunbae, is it okay if I call you oppa?" she suddenly asked, slightly amazed with her own bluntness. "I'm sorry, but sunbae just seems a little too formal.."
 
Chanyeol blinked in surprise. ______ was the only girl who called him 'oppa'. But he supposed it made sense for a girl to call an older boy 'oppa', considering that was what the term was meant for. So he nodded, figuring it wouldn't do him any harm. 
 
"Ah, that's fine. No problem," he smiled obliviously, discreetly looking at the clock in her room. It was around three. "Hyejin-ah? Since you're doing so well, is it alright if I leave now? I don't want to be rude or anything, but my girlfriend is waiting for me. She's still sick and all."
 
Hyejin immediately frowned, faking a look of sympathy but secretly cursing on the inside. She bit her lip trying to think of some way to stall him.
 
"What's wrong with her?" she asked, pouting and pretending she cared.
 
She noticed Chanyeol seemed a bit hesitant with his answer. "Ah, she's had stomach problems this past week," he finally answered, biting his lip. 
 
"Stomach problems? Like.. that time of month..?" Hyejin asked cautiously, somewhat reluctant. She knew it was a bit too soon to be suddenly talking about woman problems with the boy she was crushing on, but she was desperate to become closer to him. And thankfully, he didn't seem to care. She was actually surprised at his calm answer; he didn't even flinch. 
 
"Ani, it's not that. She's just sick. It's mostly nausea and throwing up and stuff." 
 
Hyejin blinked. Throwing up? "So, a stomach bug?" she pressed, suddenly concerned- and not because she cared whether or not _______ was alright. 
 
It was a long shot, but she was suspicious of whether or not the girl was pregnant. She was almost positive Chanyeol couldn't have had with her if they had only been dating a few days, but maybe she was wrong. She frowned slightly in confusion. Maybe she was overthinking things.
 
Chanyeol shrugged, looking a bit helpless. "I really don't know. I hope it's not anything major, though. She was pretty bad last night."
 
"Last night? Were you guys talking on the phone?" Hyejin asked, tilting her head trying not to look jealous. Late night phone calls with a boyfriend sounded cute; she and Sehun had never been able to do that because they were so young when they were boyfriend and girlfriend. 
 
"Ani, I slept over," he chuckled slightly then quickly shook his head seeing her expression. "But I didn't sleep in her bed." 
 
"Are you suuure~?" Hyejin teased in a playful voice, but she was simply just trying to find out information. The thought of Chanyeol even sleeping at his girlfriend's house sickened her. What kind of parents did they have? 
 
"Of course! It's too early for us to sleep together," he answered, looking a bit flustered. His cheeks even reddened at the thought. Hyejin wasn't sure if he looked so bewildered and embarrassed because he was lying or because he was actually shy and truthful about it. 
 
He suddenly looked down at his phone vibrating on the table and picked it up, smiling apologetically. "Sorry, it's _______," he told her, nodding before tapping 'Answer' and placing the phone to his ear. "Hey, _______! I should be there soon, I'm just finishing up."
 
Hyejin rolled her eyes to herself and stood up, pretending to casually neaten the textbooks out on the shelf next to the desk as she listened to Chanyeol speak.
 
"Oh, that's great! Maybe you can come to school tomorrow, then! .....I know, I know, but I'll help you catch up on your work. Yes, I promise."
 
Hyejin frowned hearing how caring and loving he sounded. She wanted him to sound like that with her. 
 
She suddenly smirked, clearing and talking somewhat loudly. "I'm going to get a drink, do you want anything oppa~?" she emphasized the last word a bit smugly, looking at him innocently.
 
He looked at her a bit surprised but shook his head, smiling politely. "No, but thank you," he declined in a low murmur, but she was certain ________ could hear it.
 
"No problem, Chanyeol oppa!" she repeated it again, smiling at how nice the term felt rolling off her tongue. She left the room and made her way to the kitchen, sighing. She was going to have to try a lot harder to make Chanyeol like her. He seemed infatuated with _______, and it pissed her off. In her opinion, all _______ had was looks; and Hyejin didn't think Chanyeol was the type of person who would go after an attractive dummy. 
 
She went back upstairs with a glass of water, just catching Chanyeol's last seconds of the phone call.
 
"I'll be there soon, baby. See ya~!"
 
He hung up and smiled at Hyejin, still oblivious to everything as usual. She figured ______ must have not said anything about the whole 'oppa' thing, considering he didn't look bothered about it.
 
"So I gotta take off now," he told her, standing up and gathering his things.
 
"W-wait!" She bit her lip, taking out her phone. "Can you add your number? Just in case I need you for tutoring again?" she added quickly, looking at him hopefully. 
 
"Oh, yeah, sure," he agreed, grinning his regular idiotic grin as he took the phone and keyed in his information. She watched him and resisted the urge to squeal ecstatically. Now she could text him and possibly have late night phone calls with him, as long as she had a good cover. 
 
"Thanks!" she smiled as she took her phone back from him before looking a bit hesitant. "Um.. I guess I'll see you tomorrow, then?"
 
He nodded, putting his backpack on. "De! I really have to get going now. I'll see you in chem!" He smiled and bowed his head before rushing out, checking his phone making sure _______ hadn't called or texted him again before walking over to her house.
 
_____________________________________
 
 
"She called him oppa...."
 
_______ looked at the others, her expression a mixture of confusion and disbelief.
 
"Well, she is younger, isn't she?" Luhan pointed out reasonably.
 
"No, I know, but... it was the way she said it." The girl bit her lip uncomfortably. "She definitely likes him..." 
 
"That's what I said," Baekhyun (unhelpfully) reminded her.
 
"Well yeah, but I didn't think it was this obnoxious," _______ made a face before sighing. "I'm overreacting, aren't I? It's just one word. That a lot of people use."
 
Kai frowned, looking at Sehun. "Make her like you again so she won't bother Chanyeol hyung and _______."
 
Sehun raised an eyebrow amused. "I don't think it's that easy, Kai. Besides, I don't like her like that. I barely know her now."
 
"So get to know her again."
 
"Kai, relax. I don't think she's a threat." Sehun looked at _______. "Chanyeol only thinks about you. You'll be fine." 
 
She smiled somewhat weakly, telling herself that she was simply overreacting. She trusted Chanyeol.
 
However, she wasn't quite sure if she trusted Hyejin.
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hihi okay so I'm going to Florida with my best friend for a few days so unfortunately, this will most likely not be updated until next weekend at the LATEST. Since I love you guys so much, I might do it Thursday or even Wednesday when I get back. And for those of you who have subscribed to my Sweet & y Series, I WILL UPDATE IT EITHER NEXT WEEKEND OR THE WEEK AFTER THAT. (I might even try for tomorrow. Idk xD) Sorry I at keeping updates consistent!! Oh and if you want to message me and stuff I will most likely still be checking AFF regularly so yeah, I'll lurk around while I'm gone xD Thanks guys, love you all! <3