Sleepless Night

Drables with you and Donghae

Switching things up tonight.  This is from Donghae's POV

Sleepless Night ~ SHINee

                                                                                                                                                                                          

He tossed and turned, tossed and turned, but he could not get to sleep.  He knew he was leaving in a couple months with Hyukjae to work on their new album.  He was afraid of telling ____ though.  He didn't want to leave her.  Not because he was afraid something was going to happen, just because she has become so much of Suju's life, his life.  It was hard for him to go a day without talking to her, to hear her voice.  Even if it was on the phone.  He knew that he would still be able to talk to her, but for some reaon he could not rationalize that talking to her on the phone in a different country would feel different than talking to her across the city.  Well other than the obvious.

He had not talked to ____ today and he knew that talking to her was the only way for him to sleep.  First she was at class, then she was at her job, then finally, she told him the day before she didn't have much time to talk, she was studying for a test.  He didn't want to call her, eventhough he knew that she would probably be up still.  That was the way she was.  When she studied, she stayed up till about 3 then woke up again at about 7 to study for her 9 AM class. 

He layed in bed trying to decide whether or not to call her.  He looked at the clock again and saw 2:50.  Finally he decided to grab his phone, so that maybe, just maybe, he could catch her before she finally did fall asleep.  He quickly puched in her number, even though it was stored in his phone, he felt like he would be an over achiever and memorize her number, and listen for the ring and then the voice that is like his lullaby.  "Hello?  Donghae, why are you calling me at like 3 in the morning?" _____'s voice called over the receiver.

"I missed hearing your voice." he replied.

"Even at 3 in the morning you are such a cheese ball." She responded with a small laugh.

"Have you stopped studying yet?  You need to sleep too you know."

"You are one to preach Mr. I-need-to-hear-my-girl-friend's-voice-before-I-sleep."  Donghae let out a low chuckle because he could visualize ____ sticking her tongue out after she responded.

"Anyway I was just getting ready to crawl into bed when you called me.  Is talking to me everyday really that important to you?" She asked.

"Yea.  For some reason, I have to talk to you every day.  I guess it's just the protective side of me.  I wanna make sure you are well, every day." 

"..."  Donghae chuckled after her silent response.  He knew that his response made her blush.

"Well Mr. Cheese ball, I need to get up in a couple hours, and so do you.  Lets say our good nights and go to bed.  'kay?"  ______ responded after a few seconds.

"Okay.  Good night my studious girlfriend."

"Good night my crazy cheese ball boyfriend.  I am getting off here now."

"Okay."  Not soon after they both hung up Donghae and ________ both fell asleep with small smiles on their faces.