Chapter 15

Curiosity Killed The Cat (DISCONTINUED)

Chapter 15

HaeYoun’s POV

Well one thing about the guys , the part where they suddenly wanted to partner up with us was a plan Seira managed to see through almost right away. The teachers probably just wanted us to get a partner just to make sure they can handle us better. But Seira said she Exo might be taking the advantage of this to keep a close eye on us, since they still didn’t trust us.

But I really don’t blame them.

After 4 hours on the ferry, we arrive to Jeju just as the sun was beginning to go down. Luhan had suddenly joined up with me, flashing his usual innocent smile that always seems to make the fan girls squeal. Lay had sided with Luhan too which made MinMin grip my arm like there’s no end of tomorrow. I don’t know why does that still isn’t convince that they’re not going to suddenly attack or something.

She should feel lucky I didn’t push her towards Lay. Seira on the other hand had struck a conversation with Tao-who so happen to be her partner. Surprisingly, they had a lot in common. Once the class got settled in the bus that was leading us to the hotel at 6pm or so. Luhan wasn’t sitting next to me in the bus but, for some reason, he kept glancing at me from his seat.  

We managed to reach the hotel without any more hassle. I was starting to feel tired and a bit light-headed. Which meant I had to take my pills soon or that girl will appear =_=.

The representative for the students on that trip would have been Lynn. Her job was to hand out the keys once the teacher already checked us in but of course, checking in had been a rush since one of the teachers forgot some documents or something in the bus everyone was on and now they were all trying to track it down outside.

It took only 1 question to start the havoc.

“Are we sharing rooms with our partners?”

She was in the middle of handing out keys and she blurted, “Yes.”

“WHAAAAAAAA?!” A group of students shouted all together in harmony. The other guest and tourist in the lobby only stared at the students. Of course like normal All Saint students they ignored this and started talking all at once.

“But my partner is a dude!”

“Mine too!”

“THIS IS GOING TO BE HE BESTNIGHT EVER!!”

“Everyone! Calm down. I’m pretty sure if your partner is the opposite gender then you just share a room with someone of your own gender!” She said giving everyone the ‘Well duh!’ look.

Between all the commotion, the light headed feeling was beginning to grow.

Haeyoun-ah~ I know you’re tired. You should rest and let me take over. I wanna play with the doe-eyed oppa~” A somewhat happy voice ringed in my head.

Before I could answer my head suddenly bobbed down.

I out feeling my consciousness slip away.

END OF POV

MinMin POV

“Lynn-ah! Where  are my keys?!” I push to the front of the crowd.

“Already given to your partner.Hey! No grabbing people!-“ The representative said as the everyone started to push her.

“Why do werewolves always seem one step ahead of you? I thought if I get the keys first, I could probably take the room all for myself or get Haeyoun or Seira to share with me…” I thought tyring to figure out the room situation.

Seira had disappeared, Haeyoun is nowhere to be seen and I don’t even have my phone to contact them.  But the worst part is that I can’t find Lay. I know that they don’t trust us humans and everyone is taking them too lightly. Sure we buddies now but if we ever do anything wrong or slip up…There’s no doubt they would take us out as easily as blowing out a candle light.

Just I thought of borrowing someone’s phone to contact my unnies I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around I saw the face of a familiar tall dazed out blonde whom we all know as Lay. I almost had a heart attack when I saw him.

He was holding up the keys right in front of me, “ I already took the keys-“

Before he could finish I snatched the keys and made a dash towards the stairs. I don’t know what really came over me, it was one of those moments where my body acts before I think.

“He’s probably chasing me now. If I make it up to the room before, the room shall be mine!” a voice said in the back of my head. I looked at the key. Room 106, 7th floor, engraved right in the key.

I ran up past numerous stairs and finally-at some point I stopped by the 5th floor thinking it was the 7th. The I found my room. The numbers 106 shining on the door. After mentally congratulating myself I stuck the key I had been holding onto so dearly to earlier in the keyhole.

Only to find it unlocked. Without realizing I was already in the room with door shutting behind me. The lights were on, giving me a full view on the room. The room consisted of two single beds, a small TV, one of those mini fridge thingies and the sofa Lay happened to be standing beside.

His hair was slightly tousled and he had his overnight bag slung over his back. I was still panting from all the running so when I spoke it came out in short breaths.

“You…But…How…How did you...get here first?! Wh… is the… room unlocked with…you in it? ” I panted, finally feeling the after effects of running up the stairs all the way to the 7th floor.

“I took the elevator? At first I wanted to take the room but I didn’t know if you had anyone to share rooms with so I came back down and looked for you to hand over the keys.” He explained looking at me from head to toe. He took a step forward and backed up to the wall.

“Stay on your side or I bolt out of the room screaming!” I felt panic rising as he approach. It was just me and him in the room. He ignored the threat and took another step forward. I squeaked and instead of running to the exit, I ran to the bathroom.

I locked the door and sat on the cold floor of the bathroom. Lay was knocking the door, trying to get me out. I closed my eyes and hoping he would just get out of the room. I hate to admit about it…but Exo really does freak me out.

END OF POV 

 

Lay’s POV

After much coaxing, MinMin refused to get out. I leaned against the door sighing. It’s easy to see why she would act in such a way. I never realized it at first but after a while of watching I knew she felt threatened by our presence. The memory of a the week after they found out about the truth kept flashing back in my head.

FLASHBACK

It was just after school, the time when the students usually go back to their dorms. MinMin for some reason didn’t meet up with the others for some day. I didn’t think much of it at first until she turned back and said she caught me following her.

“You can stop hiding you know. I can feel that you’re following me” She said quietly. There weren’t many students around but the ones that were there just minded their own business.

I stayed silent, but showed myself anyway since my cover was blown. MinMin stood almost 2 feet away from me. There was an awkward silence at first; I almost considered walking away until she spoke up.

“How long do you plan on watching? You guys can’t kept following us forever. When are you guys going to do it?” She emphasis the last word. She looked down to the floor, her shoulders stiffening slightly.

“Do what exactly?” I asked, a bit confused to what she was saying. She looked up, giving me a look that said I should know what she was talking about.

“You know, what Kris said originally…”

“Suho said that we aren’t going to do that. We agreed to that already.” I replied. She turned away so I was looking at her back instead.

 “You need to keep your secret hidden and we’re not exactly helpful. It’s a mistake that we saw you guys that night. We’re all going to have to pay for that mistake later on. ”

“Is that what you really think? We aren’t what the stories humans make up for us. Especially Exo.” I reached out to touch her shoulder but when I did she turn sharply to me making my hand retreat.

“That’s why. It’s not any like that. I don’t know what to believe anymore. It’s like someone threw reality out the window or something”

“You’re still finding it hard to believe aren’t you?”

She gave me a hard look. Her arms  slightly lifted up, curled into small fists. She was trying her best to look strong but her eyes gave away the fear I was once used to seeing. She looked like she was ready to stand a fight even if she had zero chance in winning.

Suddenly I was in her shoes. She didn’t know anything about the creatures that suddenly popped up in her life. She didn’t know what to do. Especially after she saw the true form of a wolf.  Plus, if someone had really threaten to kill you and your friends, especially after showing what kind of ‘monster’ you can be, there’s no doubt anyone would be traumatized like her

“…Maybe. But the fact we might be meeting our end soon while you guys just on this act where everything is fine is just sick.” She said in quiet voice. Much more quieter than I ever heard coming from MinMin

“There is no act. It’s not anything like that. We are much better than any other pack out there. Maybe if you just take the chance to get to know us more-“

“Well I do take the chance, then how are you going to prove that you guys are what you say?”

I knew if she was starting to think like this, it would be hard to convince her that we were really fine. Plus, how do I prove it to her?

“Well I can’t prove it to you right away. But I stick to what I say about Exo. Hopefully one day you can see that.” I looked at her straight in to her eyes. She looked away mostly to the floor.

The bell rang and she walked off into the other direction just as the halls were starting to crowd.

So how are we more different? I thought.

FLASHBACK ENDS

END OF POV

 

Author’s POV

*Back in All Saint’s Academy*

Across the small café nearby the school a guy wears a hat and some fake glasses as he watch Baekhyun and Hye Rin from afar. He took a sip of his fruit smoothie, smiling at how Baekhyun was getting along with he girl. He even managed to take some pictures of the scene with his smart phone.

“Although my plan was to get revenge on you for leaving me yesterday, it looks like I found something more interesting to be involved in” Xiumin said to himself trying to hold back a guffaw.


 

CheshaCat: Hey there readers sorry that we’ve been gone for almost 2 months! BLAME SCHOOOL! And how lousy my laptop can be >< here’s chap 15 it’s longer than its supposed to be and I have to admit I’m not really satisfied with how things turn out here. I’m trying to arrange how the story will go since it’s like all over the place right now.

And I got some bad news, Aiko and I agreed we should label this fic as hiatus since school has started and we don’t have much time to work on it. Once again I say BLAME SCHOOOOL! We try to get back on it ASAP! Maybe some time in March we’ll post the other chaps. Anyway thanks for reading guys.