VIII

사랑하니까 (On the Wings of Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, can you tell me how this movie night thing works? It seems fun but why am I seated so far away from you?” A confused Yoona scratched her head as she peered at her girlfriend sitting at the other end of the couch. There was a book in the middle of the sofa, supposedly to further draw the line. The two were alone in Tiffany’s apartment because her parents were out that evening.

 

“Because, Im Yoona, I’m not gonna allow any of your funny ideas.” The girl answered, rolling her eyes before looking through the stack of DVDs in her lap.

 

All Yoona could do was let out a little sigh as she leaned back onto the cushions with a bored expression. She was not even planning on doing anything. Besides, she thought this was supposed to be a bonding activity. She did not even have a say on what movie they were going to play. The fact that Tiffany had been calling her by her full name ever since their previous quarrel made her feel even worse.

 

She whipped out her cellphone minutes later as the girl was still busy being indecisive. All she wanted to do was send Jessica a text because she was so tired of waiting. Times like these made her wonder why she felt so lonely and empty on the inside despite having a girlfriend. Tiffany was supposed to fill the void in her heart, wasn’t she? It definitely did not seem like the case at all. The girl was right beside her but still she felt so forlorn. Unconsciously, her mind started to drift off once again, and the annoying doubts started to kick in as to whether or not she truly loved the girl.

 

Without a doubt, she would spend hours staring at Jessica. Why couldn’t she feel the same way toward Tiffany?

 

The brunette announced that they were going to watch The Evil Dead before getting up from where she was seated and making her way toward the DVD player.

 

Perhaps that was one reason why. To put it nicely, Tiffany was an independent individual who made all the decisions by herself. Anybody else would call her blatantly selfish. Yoona dismissed a yawn at the title. She hated films that revolved around flesh-possessing demons and the like. Tiffany should have known better because the last time they saw a similar movie at the theatre, Yoona had dozed off within the first ten minutes.

 

“Will you please be helpful and fetch us the popcorn and drinks from the kitchen? Stop being so spaced-out all the time. It’s getting really irritating.”

 

A chagrined Yoona got up lazily before sauntering into the kitchen. Some bonding night this was turning out to be. Sometimes she felt as though she did not mean a thing to the girl at all. It could have been anybody else watching the movie with Tiffany.

 

“Why didn’t you just ask the others to join you this evening? I’m sure Sunny would love this flick.” Yoona indirectly voiced her unhappiness as she set the snacks down onto the table before settling back into her corner. Her appetite for popcorn seemed to have diminished as well, and she curled her legs up to prepare for a good night’s sleep.

 

“You’re my girlfriend, Im Yoona.” The brunette did not even bother to look at her.

 

“And I’m not even allowed to have my arm around you? Okay, I see how it is.”

 

“Stop complaining. I would’ve made you sit on the floor but I didn’t, so be grateful.”

 

“Jessica’s just a friend and I hug her all the time. Just saying.” If only those words could be taken back. Yoona inwardly cursed herself for spilling over.

 

She glanced over at Tiffany when she noticed the movie had been paused. Boy, she looked so angry.

 

“So what Sunny told me was true. You do have feelings for that stupid girl you barely know! What the , Im Yoona?” The girl stood up abruptly and flung the remote control onto the ground as the clattering sound of batteries falling out could be heard.

 

“Don’t call her that.” More than anything else, Yoona was more concerned about sticking up for Jessica for some reason.

 

“And now you’re defending her? I’ve done so much for you, Im Yoona! You’re such a ing ingrate!” Tiffany looked as though she was going to cry.

 

“What exactly have you done for me? All these years I’ve allowed you to treat me like ing dirt. I thought we really patched things up after what happened the other day but it seems as though you’re only doing it to keep me by your side. Why, Tiffany? You don’t need me at all. You just ing need someone to take your anger out on, to beat up whenever you’re upset, and to buy you stupid stuff! I’ve been that person for way too long now.”

 

Only seconds after she had finished, Tiffany dropped to the floor and buried he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter