XVI

사랑하니까 (On the Wings of Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Six months later-

 

Yoona opened her eyes and yawned widely, stretching herself out fully before rolling around on her bed. Checking the alarm clock on her bedside table, she smiled when she realized she actually woke up five minutes earlier.

 

It was the first day of college and everything seemed to be going perfectly. It simply felt like a good day. Leaping off her bed, she tidied up the sheets and folded her blanket neatly while whistling a merry tune before making her way to the washroom to get freshened up. As she brushed her teeth, her thoughts travelled back to a month ago when she received the letter of acceptance from Seoul National University.

 

“Im Yoona, you made it!” She grinned with the toothbrush still lodged in .

 

As soon as she was done, she put together a lovely outfit, which included one of her favorite sweaters, before skipping out of her room with her backpack.

 

“Morning, dad.” She enthusiastically greeted the man seated at the kitchen table sipping at a cup of coffee. So much had changed in the past six months. For some reason, her father snapped out of his stupor and decided to change for the better.

 

“I prepared your favorite.” The man gestured towards a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches all packed up in a translucent pink lunchbox. At the sight of the breakfast, a special somebody appeared in her mind; the same person who was the greatest reason why she studied hard to make it to college.

 

“Thanks.” Picking the container up carefully, she stuffed it into her bag, “I’m gonna go now. Wish me luck!”

 

“I’m sure you’ll have fun. Take care.”

 

“I will. I’ll see you later!”

 

*           *

 

“To all freshmen, please proceed to the Multimedia Lecture Hall to meet your respective orientation groups.” A voice announced over the PA system as throngs of excited students filed into the designated location.

 

Yoona took a look at the piece of leaflet in her hand as she stepped into the lecture hall, “Group B…” Scanning the vicinity, she tried to look for her group but there were so many people and it was so chaotic.

 

As she was about to venture off, a voice called her name, “Im Yoona!”

 

Seemingly shocked, she almost dropped the orientation pack she was carrying, wondering where the voice was coming from. It sounded so familiar.

 

“Im Yoona!” This time, the voice was accompanied by a quick tap on her shoulder. Swerving around, she met a pair of familiar eyes. Those eyes. Surprise enveloped her at once and the pack fell from her hands.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter