Rain Story

Please Remember (editing)

For some time, the world froze around Sunggyu. His vision around him blurred. All he could see was the two people in front of him.

Why? Why must it be them?

 

Sunggyu tried hard to hold back the emotions, which were threatening to overwhelm him. Blinking back his tears, he walked over to them, trying to sound relieved. "L! Where have you been?" He called, giving them a weak smile.

L looked up and saw his familiar face. "Sunggyu?"

"I have been looking all over for you!" Hyorin let go of L, trying her best to wipe the tears off her face.

"Hyorin sunbae, are you okay?" Ailee asked worryingly, after catching up to Sunggyu and accessing the situation.

"Mobbed at the coffee shop. Wasn't pleasant." L told her.

"Oh. I think I should take you home, sunbae." She took hold of Hyorin's hand and brought her close to her side. "Do you guys need a lift? I have enough room in my car."

"Noona, you can drive?!" L gasped.

"Obviously! I'm 24, for goodness sake!" She ruffled L's hair, making him stumbled backwards. "What, think I can't drive?"

"Ack! Noona!" L shouted, trying desperately to fix his hair. Hyorin giggled, bringing a secret smile to his face. He was happy that Hyorin had cheered up a little. Upon reaching Ailee's car, the two men sat at the backseat, while Hyorin sat at the front with Ailee at the wheel.

 

 

The entire ride was more than awkward. None of them were able to find a window, so they just sat quietly at their seats. Ailee tried to play music on her radio to remove the barriers between them, but for some reason all of their groups' songs started playing, making the ride even more uncomfortable. As they finally reached Sistar's dorm, Bora, who was called for during the car ride, came out and greeted them warmly. She took hold of Hyorin's hand and led her into their house.

The moment Hyorin left, the atmosphere became less tense. L, in hopes of finally breaking the awkwardness between them, spoke. "So... do you know why Hyorin got so frightened?" he asked Ailee.

"She had some pretty bad experiences before." Ailee replied.

"How bad?" Sunggyu asked.

"According to the girls, they were mopped quite a few times. However, what Hyorin had to go through weren't good at all." Ailee tightened her grip around the steering wheel and continued. "Once, they were having a fan meet in Seoul. The fans were allowed to get close to Sistar, so they crowded around them. Then, for some strange reason, some crazy fan tried to Hyorin."

"WHAT?!" Both L and Sunggyu exclaimed.

"I'm not joking. Hyorin couldn't even scream, because there were so many people around her. She did try to move away but the guy kept tailing her."

"So what happened after?" Sunggyu asked, his blood starting to boil.

"She managed to get Bora's attention after getting close enough to her. By then, Hyorin was really scared, to the point that she was about to cry."

L could sense the tension in Ailee's voice. The car remained quiet for a few minutes, till Ailee decided to continue when she cooled down. "That wasn't the only incident."

"There's more?!" Sunggyu exclaimed, not believing what he's hearing.

"Another time was at a military concert." Ailee continued. "One of the soldiers must have really liked Hyorin, cuz he suddenly grabbed her hand as Sistar gave out handshakes and pulled her towards himself, trying to touch her chest."

 

Wow. Talk about being obsessive. L thought, but he knew it too well. It not that hard when one gets constantly slammed and squashed between screaming fangirls (and guys), but to hear what Hyorin had to go through seems a lot harsher than what he went through.

It to be a girl sometimes.

"No wonder she freaked out so badly when she got mobbed." Sunggyu commented, feeling sorry for Hyorin.

"That is also why the girls try to keep Hyorin out of crowds." Ailee commented.

Now that Ailee had mentioned it, Myungsoo realised how Hyorin never goes very near to the front of stages, or how Sistar doesn't do handshakes or high-fives with their fans, or how close she sticks to Bora whenever her fans come near her.

"We're here." Ailee said, pressing her foot against the brake. Sunggyu and L got out of the car and walked toward their apartment. "See you tomorrow, Yejin noona."

"Night!" L and Sunggyu entered the house as Ailee rode home.

 


 

"You sure you're okay, unnie?" Soyou asked worryingly.

The girls all sat around Hyorin. Hyorin had a cup of hot chocolate, which Soyou had prepared, in her hands, and was sipping it slowly. Outside, the sky began to rumble.

"I think it's going to rain soon." Dasom commented, stuffing a marshmallow into .

"Hey! Those are for Hyorin!" Soyou scolded, taking the bag from Dasom.

"It's okay. Dasom can have it." Hyorin told Soyou, passing the bag back to the happy maknae. Soyou smiled. This was the leader she remembered, the one who would give in to see her member's happy, the one who'll stay strong even during the toughest situations.

She was glad to get her leader back.

"You know, you can let me go now, unnie."

Bora buried her head into Hyorin's shoulder, tightening her grip around Hyorin's arms. Hyorin placed down her cup and wiped the tears off Bora's face. "I'm really okay."

"I should have been there to protect you." Bora said softly. Hyorin hugged Bora.

Seriously, who can really hate Bora?

"Oh unnie," she cooed, finally feeling the ice melt between them. Hyorin knew nothing could break them apart. They're as close as sisters.

We are all like sisters.

At that moment, heaven's tears began to fall.

 


 

L lay on his bed, listening to the rain.

After Infinite finished their dinner, which was just chinese takeout food, the members all went to watch TV, except L and Sunggyu, who decided to go to bed early. Realising that he was still wide-awake, L sighed and shifted himself so that he was facing the window. As much as he would like to go out and join the guys, he would rather watch the rainfall to help him sleep.

The night sky was covered with clouds. Raindrops trickled slowly down the glass, as the sky beat its drums and sent bolts flying across the sky. L smiled. He could never be truly scared of lightning or thunder. After all, it had the best memories...

 

 

The two kids jumped at the sudden clap of thunder, bursting into laughter straight after. They were both having a contest to see who will get shocked first by thunder. Seated near the window, the two could see the lightning flash across the sky.

"Haha! I win!" The girl cooed, sticking her tongue out at Myungsoo.

"Oh please! I saw you jump as well." He complained.

"No I didn't!"

"Yes you did!"

"Prove it then." Just as Myungsoo was going to reply, she opened the window, giving him the full blast of summer rain.

"YA!" Myungsoo screamed, trying to close the window. The girl giggled and ran out of the room. Wiping his face dry, he ran out of the room and after the girl. Soon enough, he caught and tickled her.

The girl's laughter filled Myungsoo's house.

 

 

Myungsoo wiped the tears that formed as he thought of her. He never knew he could get so attracted to one girl before.

Maybe she's thinking of me, he told himself, as he rested his head on the pillow.

Maybe she still misses me.

 


 

Hyorin lay on her bed, with the sound of rain as soothing as a lullaby reaching her ears. Rain. It felt so comfortable to her. Some of her favourite moments usually happened whenever it rains, especially with him.

You don't know, she thought, as her eyelids grew heavy.

You don't know how much I'm still truly thinking of you.

 

=======================================================================================================

Hi! I couldn't install much of a love triangle in here, so I'll try for the next chapter. I might not be able to update for the next few weeks due to upcoming exams and preparations, so please be patient and wait for me. I'll continue once the exams are over. Hope you guys had enjoyed the latest chapter!